Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rick Dore’s 36 Ford “Tangerine Dream"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by txskinney, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That car has gorgeous lines. The original colour suited it and so would a few others. But, red/silver really does SCREAM street rod and would destroy any semblance of the original early style custom aesthetic the car was built to emulate. I don't want to imagine what wheels tha owner is thinking of :(

In short, it sounds like they will fuck it. Too bad.

2. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Lets see "tangerine Dream"....red and silver, that makes perfect sense!

3. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

yea imagine the nerve of the new owner making the car look like he wants....., maybe he should have aksed everyones opinion first...

4. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

That car was my desktop for a while too, two tone seems a shame. If its got to have red, i'd sure love to see it wearing candy apple red. Alas....not my car or my choice.

5. txskinney

txskinney
    from West Texas

Painting it solid Candy Red is one of the colors he is thinking about, maybe a dark red he is not set on a color yet.

6. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

No, he should have bought a tired stocker and built what he wanted, not a completed custom of some renown.

And it's not about asking, it's about sleeping in the bed you made. I don't think anyone expects him to change his mind, they just expect him to take the shit he catches for doing something dumb, gracefully.

The "owner knows best" line doesn't work for famous completed customs and hot rods... It's just kind of stupid to spend that much money up front just to turn around and change it.

For my next act, Im'ma buy the Mona Lisa and fix that bitch's smile...

7. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

I don't recall him asking the HAMB police permission to do anything to it he's way out of line!

8. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

I'm going to buy the Hirohata and put magenta flames on it.

9. HAHA that will look bitchen Curtis:D

10. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Don't nobody tell me I shouldn't ... it's MINE and I didn't ask fo' no opinions!

11. txskinney

txskinney
    from West Texas

The owner picked a color, Ford Candy Apple Red. This is close to the color that it looks like the car was at one time, by what we found under all the Tangerine. I will post picture when it is painted.

12. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

can't wait to see it red...it's gonna be nice

13. mlagusis

mlagusis

Did Rick Dore have the car the car built or did he buy it half way done? For some reason I am remembering this car being a flat dark red and owned by a guy named Mike W in the East Bay in Ca. I'm I getting this car mixed up with another?

14. Smokey2

Smokey2

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NO Two-Tone...........Especiallly, RED? an SILVER??? Let's Take A V O T E !

GREAT CAR!, NO!............FANTASTIC!! I Reserve, To PRESERVE!

SMOKIN", STILL.......

15. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

The candy red'll look great!

16. Great, ANOTHER red car.

17. its his car he can paint it yellow with pink and purple pok-a-dots if he wants to

get over it

18. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

WOW! Its finally back! My father owned this car for a while. I was just talking to him Saturday morning about this and we both we wondering where the hell it went to. When he bought it, It needed quite a bit of work to make it even drive any distance beyond the driveway. It overheated all the time, gas tank was full of crud, Air compressor was junk, air management system was half assed and plumbed with bright orange shop air lines and homemade PVC air "tanks", and the wiring was a mess. If it had electric to it, it probably didnt work. We cleaned up a good bit and got it running well and drove it a good bit. I put in a new air compressor and tank just before it went to auction. The body flex on this car was enormous, so since you all have it apart, reinforce the door frames. The fenders were cracked when we started on it. Im really glad to see this car is still alive. It has beautiful lines

For thosae that needed to be stuffed inthe trunk....its not easy to get out of it! Ive been in it and its tiny

Some photos i shot when my father owned it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  19. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I am shure Rick will be relieved upon hearing that the 36 will not be painted two-tone, candy apple red sounds fine or even a dark jade green, Rick is a bitch'en guy, and has always had a good eye for style , I got to spend some time with him at the Big Three Swapmeet, luckely for him , he left before the big flood on saterday.

20. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Is the Overhaulin show involved? CF does just about everthing in two tone. Ugggghhh!

21. Keep us updated with pics!

22. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Let's hear it for PURPLE!!!

23. Always nice to hear the true backstory on some of these cars, sometimes scary but nice either way.

24. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

Dont get me wrong. It was definitely a nice car. The body, paint and interior work were very nicely done, aside from the Chevy(?) windshield not being very well formed into the dash. The suspension was ok as far as setup, frame work, etc. The hokey air managment made me shake my head. The rest of the issues were either age related or simply too many people, or one person, that was doing something they probably shouldnt have been doing under the dash. I'll have to see if i can track down the rest of the photos i have of this car. I lost A LOT when my hard drive crashed

[​IMG]

25. How many owners were there after Rick or Ricks guys built it.

26. jfrolka

jfrolka

Candy apple red is blown out

27. txskinney

txskinney
    from West Texas

We are finely getting some color on the car. got the door Jams and fire wall done.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

28. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

that's gonna look nice...

29. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

that'll be like charlie sheen...winner!

30. txskinney

txskinney
    from West Texas

Got it painted late last night. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]