Register now to get rid of these ads!

2011 ambr winner !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalvillan, Jan 31, 2011.

1. metalvillan

metalvillan
    from arizona

[​IMG]

SQUEEG'S KUSTOMS won the AMBR! HELL YEAH !!!!!

more pics coming soon !

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  2. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

I thought the car was nice, my #2. Not so 'in-your-face' kind of a car that a lot of others were. This car wasn't on stands or spinning around... and it won.

3. One Finger John

One Finger John

What is more important - the car or the trophy?

4. At least it's half-ass traditional... can't say that much about but one car in the past 50 years that has won it.

I can't wait to see better pics.

Sam

5. fleet-master

fleet-master

didn't think I'd fall asleep lookin at an ambr winner ...but alas I was wrong...

6. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

It was a really well done car. Just didn't have all the flash you'd usually expect from an AMBR winner.

Attached Files:

7. Muttley

Muttley

Once again the judges choice is underwhelming. When was the last time a car that didnt suck won the AMBR?

8. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

It's past 1 AM and I was having trouble getting to sleep. Then I saw a pic of this year's AMBR winner. Thanks!

9. There is NO answer to that one as it is an opinion at best.:D

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

but one shared by a whole lot of people, especially here

11. It doesn't matter, he owns them both and you don't.

12. Racewriter

Racewriter

It doesn't suck, and it's obviously a hell of a well done car. But it's a little typical.

13. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

It's a matter of personal taste, but any car with class, a proper stance and is actually displayed sitting on all four wheels with the doors, trunk and (most of) the hood shut is a big step in the right direction.

14. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess you're right, but saying that "the AMBR winer doesn't suck" shouldn't actually have to be said, unfortunately.

15. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

That is one boring car. Not real fond of his wheel choice either.
    Yes, it is very easy to be an armchair builder & I am very good at it.
    Al

16. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Is that a metal or a glass car? Looks too plastic for me either way. Kind of shame if it is metal to be looking so plastic. Almost hope it is glass.

It is not the kind of car I'm into (or most here either probably), but looks like a pretty well done car for the style it is. Even though I'm personally not big on the car, I'm glad not everyone builds what I like and just the same thing. Personally, my tastes always run opposite what the crowd likes and glad to keep it that way.

17. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It's boring, I wouldn't go out of my way to look at it and it's too flashy for me to drive.

Just my opinion.

18. historynw

historynw

They don't drive it at night much, do they.

19. GreggAz

GreggAz

this is out of left field... Im SHOCKED, but it looks like the new judging standard worked.

It is a a good looking car, not over the top or extreme. Just a good looking, well put together roadster.

Congrats Doug!

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

My thoughts... It's a gorgeous car. Meaning, if I was 8 years old and had no pre-conceived notions, I would totally dig that thing. Seriously. And the craftsmanship? Over the top good.

The AMBR award isn't relevant to me as a traditional guy. I don't think it's supposed to be. And there is nothing wrong with that.

21. That black bitch'd light up with some king bees. I can dig it a LOT, Im a '33-4 drooler. I'm happy Jerger got it- always dug his track T & paint & stuff.

22. bigolds

bigolds

23. I thought that car was pretty nice. NOT my pick,but it wasn't OVER THE TOP,like in the past years. The thing that gets me is, it didn't have some six-figure display!

24. henryj429

henryj429

No obnoxious 22" billet wheels and rubber band tires.....a major step in the right direction!

25. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Very nice car, good look and quality

26. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Nice street rod!

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well it is a step in the right direction as it appears that it could be driven outside of not having headlights visible to the naked eye. But it doesn't pop for this old rodder and would be just one of a herd of nice black roadsters at a lot of bigger outdoor events.
    That's not to say that I wouldn't drive the wheels off it an love every second of it along the way though.
    But it's just possibly the sa^^e old thing that black cars just don't usually pop and knock us on our collective butts in photos especially under lights in a big building. No doubt the fit and finish is top rate.

28. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

I think you really have to look very closely at the car to see why it won and it was not spinning around on a roulette wheel either, don't know how that one won that year.

29. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

I'd bet there are a lot of pissed off rich guys this morning. Hahaha
    Nice subtle ride.

30. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

It's quite modest and not over the top. When was the last AMBR you could just use daily and take to shows? This looks like a well made, well preportioned, everyday rod. This may, hopefully, be the end of donk wheeled rods and may pave the way for more restraint.

Rods not Rice.