Register now to get rid of these ads!

sycsteve's intro. & first resto.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by sycsteve, Jan 29, 2011.

1. sycsteve

sycsteve

My names Steve from Sycamore Illinois. I am working on my firs restoration. A '61 Chevy Biscayne 2dr post. I started with a Belair I got from my dad but it was to far gone so I scraped what I couldn't keep.
    I have a stock '58 348 I rebuilt ready to run. GM 4 speed and plan on disc break conversion when I can afford it. It's been 5yrs in the making so far.
    The first picture is what it looked like when I got it home from Aberdeen South Dekota.
    I have a long way to go and hope I can keep working on it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  2. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool car & nice job, welcome & enjoy from conn.

3. big bad john

big bad john

....Steve.....welcome aboard from southern Wisconsin.......nice car......enjoy the ride on the H.A.M.B.......Big Bad John

4. Hello and welcome from Iowa! Keep up the good work!

5. Welcome from Connecticut

6. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

7. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Nice Steve - Welcome

Cob

8. A Duece Bruce

A Duece Bruce

Welcome to the H.A.M.B Steve.

9. RichG

RichG

LMFAO, yeah, I bet he's really enjoying it here...:rolleyes:

10. Gene@Gearworksmfg

Gene@Gearworksmfg

Wow, I feel ashamed that I told him about this site. I don't engage that much in the conversations/threads on here and mostly just buy things on here from the classifieds. which has always worked out for the best.

Good job guys on welcoming a newbie /sarcasm

11. RichG

RichG

He had a little trouble with reading comprehension, people (including myself) attempted to help him but he just didn't get it, wouldn't get it, and didn't seem to be able to get it. Cob and Rashy both tried to help him and he kept on keepin' on. Bottom line: dude got banned 'cause he couldn't seem to get his head out of his ass long enough to see the light.

Since you admit to using the Hamb as a classified ad, how about coughing up some dough to support it?:cool:

12. Gene@Gearworksmfg

Gene@Gearworksmfg

It must be the time of the year were it seems like everyone has cabin fever and feel it's needed to belittle and be rude to others. Not just here, but I've seen it on many forums. I missed some of the shitstorm of replies in the deleted thread, but seeing some of them in the couple that have been closed, people came off all buthurt because he's a newbie. (just my perception as it will differ from others) A few years ago, it wasn't like this. 'nuff said. it's done and overwith. Can't change what happened and only move forward. We can all learn from mistakes/misforutunes and try to become better people.

I tried a few years ago and sent the admins an email. I never got a response. I do purchase a lot from other members. It's always been a good thing.:cool: