Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Whata day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VONRUBEN65, Jan 30, 2011.

1. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

id guess nature , if someone is going to do something mean , they wouldnt waste time , doing so little , 2 its in a weird spot , and not much damage , 3 it does look like a weld bead or concentrated heat , it would be easier to flick open a blade hack and split , or if your gonna burn torch the seat and split , or throw a bottle of something nasty all over the interior , what im saying is someone with douche bag mentality would do a lot worse just watch the news

3. green53ford

green53ford
    from Wisconsin

Had a lady come into the bodyshop with her headlining all burnt like that. she had a prism hanging off of her rear view mirror that did the damage.

4. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Wild, if you look at the pic, it seems to still have two lines of sunlight meeting up with the melted spots.

5. I lived in Palm Springs for 20 years and never had any mirror do anyting like that. It could have been a magnifying glass but it would take a long time to do that kind of damage.

One of those propane 'jet' cigarette lighters would do that. Imagine someone reaching inside the car with their left hand while looking towards the back of the car. It would be in that kind of pattern if a stiff arm was used.

I'd be lookin' for some ass to kick.

6. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

looks like some went across it with a map gas torch. that sucks i cant bleve someone would go out of there way to do that.

7. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Doesn't anyone else see the two reflections meeting up with the burned lines? There must have been something nearby at the time that made them. Unlikely as it seems, I say the sun is to blame.

If caused by a person, they would have had to use a straight edge to get it that straight.

[​IMG]

8. Any more info ... like, convertible (if it is, was the top down allowing someone access to the seat) or hardtop? Was the car locked? If it was locked, was it still locked (when the damage was found) with no sign of entry? Does he have one of those "prism globes" hanging from the rearview?

Sure does look odd. I don't know what to think.

I can see the latch for the door. The lines run downhill from the inner part of the seat to towards the latch. If it was done by a person (of average height) wouldn't the marks run uphill towards the latch? Also, I would think there would be an arc to the marks rather than being basically dead straight. Any "little people" have an issue with the owner? Sure is a mystery ... will be interesting to hear if you figure it out. Although, I guess it could have been someone that was ducking down when they opened the door.

Let's hope those security tapes don't automatically get taped over after a certain number of days/hours.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  9. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

the car is a 52 chevy no side mirrors or rear veiw mirror i just dont see the sun doing this but it may have i dont know. we will find out more info tomorrow when he sees the security tape!! keep u all posted!

10. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

also if it was the sun this happened better the hours of 4am and 9am not sure if it would get that hot

11. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

If it was the sun thats some freaky shit. if it was a person I'd freaking kick the shit outta him!

12. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

All this sun burnin stories are weird......now i really wanna know what the hell happened!

13. ndeconte

ndeconte

I'm pretty positive it was probably a reflection off of something nearby..... I bet there was a larger vehicle parked next to it that caused this.

And I know a burn like this can happen in a matter of a day...

I came home one day to find the arm of a brand new leather love seat in our living room had a hole 3" x 5" hole in the leather arm and down into the foam!? No idea how it happened at first, but finally figured out that my wifes pedestal magnifier (that she uses for cross-stitching) refracted the sun to caused this!?

We're damn lucky the house didn't burn down!

Neal

14. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I know a fellow that had a glass gallon water jug on his boat by a porthole, that had a fire.
    They think when the suns rays hit the jug it magnified it and started some fake flower basket arraignment on his galley shelf on fire.

15. brad chevy

brad chevy

Let everyone know about the security tape find. Whats odd is in the top mark it even melted the seat foam,if that had been a refection burn looks like flash point would have set the vinyl on fire before getting that deep.

16. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Yup. I see them. Almost perfect with the incident angle.

17. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I have no thoughts of what happened, it just sucks that it did. If it was someone I hope they find them. If it got that hot between 4am and 9am I don't want to live or visit there......

18. michaelthe9

michaelthe9

Rube...did you find out yet what the hell happened? Has the tape been replayed?
    Michael

19. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

not yet. He is waiting for them to call him to go down there.

20. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

no luck on the security camera today. they have shitty ass cameras and said he cant even see his car on them!!

21. Sucks about the cameras. Based on the time of day you said the car was parked, I am finding it hard to believe it was caused by the sun ... but I can't figure out why someone would expend the effort to burn/melt the seat like that (and what did they use to do it) ... odd.

22. 94hoghead

94hoghead

23. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

If it was someone intentionally damaging the seats they wouln't have marked one seat in two places and not touch the rest of the car. I have seen plastic marked like that from solvent touching it. If it is only one seat back consider it lucky. Were there any bullet holes in the door?