Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sleepers! Anybody into sleepers here?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by waaaypastredline, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I love sleepers! Anyone got any cool pics of their sleepers? Any neat tricks or ideas? Post 'em!

2. badshifter

badshifter

The first sleeper
    [​IMG]

3. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Here is a neat Tempest, twin turbo BBC, it was in Hot Rod a few yars back.

Jon

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NVKt1rebIi8" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Laughed my ass off!
    I love sleepers, no one expects anything and you can get embarrassed pretty easily by one. Ask me how I know...

5. Back in the mid 60's, the Dodge/Pymouth guys with 413's/426's would cut one of their tail pipe ends off so everyone would think they had a low cube engine...:D

6. Root66

Root66
    from Norcal

Here's my old Max Wedge Dodge, looks like a little-old-lady driver.

Attached Files:

7. This was kind of a sleeper. Actually beater would be more like it. :eek:

[​IMG]

8. lt1racing

lt1racing

[​IMG]
    not old enough for the h.a.m.b. , i guess. but, full interior bench seats am radio, horn, door buzzer, etc. all still worked. 2.5 full exhaust, 3.55 gears, 383 lt1 efi and turbo 350 trans. and some n2o.
    rear tires are 215/60/14's (24x7) m/t drag radials i painted the white walls on. how fast does it look???????

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I have a little plan for my '54 that involves a black paint job, black walled tires with dog dish caps and the nastiest 327 this side of the Mississippi.

10. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

In the 70s I had an L88 in a bone stock looking Nova.....Nasty bastard if you could keep it in a straight line........

11. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

11.60 at 122 m.p.h.

12. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

A few years back, I had a '98 Z-28 with every bolt on available. That car was lightning quick. Never had it on a track, but no question it was a low 11 second ride.
    Anyway, one day I'm doing the stop light thing with a mustang GT when a Chevette manages to squeeze between us and gives me the ricer style fly-by at about 80 mph. I just rolled my eyes, but we managed to be side by side at the next light.
    Long story short, I got my ass handed to me by a friggin Chevette!
    Turns out it was a full on Buick turbo V6 crammed into it :eek:
    I NEVER would have suspected.....

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Look to the left! No one thinks this thing will get out of it's own way in day to day traffic, yet with a 10:1 aluminum headed 360 and Tremac combo it pretty easily embaresses most takers. Makes a bunch of noise though... Always thought would be a dead give away!

14. Muttley

Muttley

Yeah, but at the end of the day when the car was parked it was still a Chevette. Going fast is cool, looking cool while doing so is too. I dont care how fast his car is, its still a Chevette. I'd rather be a little slower and have something that looks good as opposed to something superfast but embarrassing to be seen in.

15. lt1racing

lt1racing

[​IMG]
    6.88@102 on the little tires and 125 shot of n2o. (10.7s)
    6.32 @ 106 on slicks and 175 shot. (9.9s)

16. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

You know what something like that might run.

Jon

17. Master of None

Master of None

Isn't not telling the point?

18. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Brainerd dragstrip , been down that track a many of times. Cool car.

19. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I used to stick Big Pontiacs in Chevs - had a 55 with a 389/4spd and a 56 with a 421/auto.

I've had five Austin Healeys with sbcs....all kept their wire wheels (albeit a bit wider - I learned a lot of lessons building those).

Most of my other stuff makes way too much noise for any sleeping.

dj

20. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

21. rick finch

rick finch

22. lt1racing

lt1racing

yes sir(brainerd). the first pic. is calhoun from the nastalgia showngo races.

23. rick finch

rick finch

24. That chevette story is funny cause in the 80's I had a yellow pinto wagon with those old mustang 4 lug rims with the metric tires. And a 351 windsor stuffed in it with 411's and it had my sons baby seat in the back and that thing whipped some ass. Even my girlfriend at the time would use it daily for work and the cops would stop by to tell me tell your girl to stop racing during the day.(I worked in the local garage where the cops filled up then). Unfortunitly I don't have any pictures on hand. To me it was the ultimate sleeper. another time in that car me and a close friend he's retired now drag raced through the whole town at 4 am he had a police car and he was smoking the tires with the lites on at every lite that was to funny it still makes us laugh when ever we see each other.

25. rick finch

rick finch

26. Here is a dyno pull from the Tempest posted earlier

27. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

The Train Car got me laughing. I have seen a 53 chevy hard top that was bagged, i thought it had a 6 in it untill he left 2 black marks i stopped at the station he did and it was a 496 with 2 quads and a 400 behind it.... that was a sleeper if i had ever seen one.

28. Johnunit

Johnunit
    from Toronto

not HAMBfriendly, but currently building an 85 Crown Victoria that will be stock-appearing even with the hood popped. Air cleaner from a period F-150, ford part number on the carb, "edelbrock" ground off the intake then sandblasted to match the rest of the surface. The only hints on the entire car will be headers (wrapped in a way that looks like manifolds at a glance and hidden behind accessories), and non-stock mufflers. Car should run 13s on stock whitewalls (and wire wheel caps ;) ) when done.

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

man, that thing is hookin on those funky little tires.

30. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky
    from So.Cal

Sweet.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.