Register now to get rid of these ads!

Turlock Ca Swap Meet pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Novadude55, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

For everyone's enjoyment,
    maybe especially for the snowbound,
    we had a swap meet and car show up the road a piece in Turlock..
    Here's a few pics.

Attached Files:

2. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Turlock Swap Meet part II, enjoy

Attached Files:

3. I was gonna go today,but the rain and the famous mud kept me back. How was it? parts,prices,crowds? Deals to be had,or was everyone trying to get rich quick?Usually it's good,but so many damn peeps standing around makes it tough to look. I bet today was fairly mild. Your .02C ?

4. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

We left here around 7am, was not raining at that time,
    On the way there it poured,, and it obviously had poured up there too,
    So there was some water, not bad, some mud, but not as bad as years past,
    it was cold though, a little breezy so probably about 40 degrees,
    I had undershirt, shirt, sweatshirt and a down vest, long johns and jeans,
    and I was comfortable,
    8$ to get in, kinda steep, but not enough to turn people away obviously,
    crowds were thinned out a bit, I found some good deals,
    Ford 9 in 60 in, drum to drum 3.00 gears for 100, I passed on that,
    but (2) 41 chevy truck fenders, a hood, radiator support for 50$,
    I couldnt pass that up... and the seller threw in a pair of used smitty mufflers,
    I have a friend who went yesterday when it was dry and he said it was pretty crowded.
    So, all in all I had a blast and didnt get soaked.

5. CQQl- figured today would have been the day-albiet the good stuff was taken already,but the"I don't want to haul this home/make me an offer I can't refuse" would still be there. Glad you scored!:)

6. Man, I really miss going to Turlock. They need to move it to a weekend that's not the same as GNRS

7. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

thanks for the pic's , missed it for the 1st time in like 25 years.....had to work , i was gonna go this am but sunday always sucks and with the rain i figured everybody would be cutting out early anyway

8. billys54

billys54

9. Muttley

Muttley

Swap > Show.............You can always see pictures of show cars here on the HAMB or in any of the countless magazines on the rack. Pictures of parts will never be as cool as buying parts.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  10. Choptop

Choptop

It was a touch choice this year... been going to Turlock for a looooong time... broke tradition and went to GNRS this year. Will lobby to move Turlock a weekend.

11. Muttley

Muttley

That would suck.........move the GNRS instead. Turlock is fine just like it is. NFL playoffs one weekend, next week Turlock then the Super Bowl the following Sunday.

12. Boydoggie

Boydoggie

Went on Saturday, No rain, just a little chilly. Had a great time and found some good parts. Saw a lot of great cars up for sell, more then usual. I thought it to be results of our economy.The Turlock swap meet has been held on the last weekend of January for 45 years.

13. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Sage advice from Muttley.GNRS was great, but I need parts. Choose the show, warm, sunshine, chickies without parkas.Ahhhh. The swap, cold, damp, muddy, shit I need.........Shoulda went swappin', so many great show pics here.......but I got no parts.

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Myself and others did both. flew down&back Friday. o'dark thirty Sat was in Turlock. they both are top notch events. of course 75 degree T-shirt weather in SoCal was real nice after being in the cold foggy North.

15. no55mad

no55mad

Lots and lots of buyers. At 7am the off ramps on the 99 were backed up to the freeway. With so many buyers it was hard to see the parts and avoid the wagons. Lots of parts for eveyone though.

16. jokerjason

jokerjason

I thought the swap was great this year, sold alot of stuff saturday before 10 oclock....met some hambers and had slot of beers...great day, JOKER JASON.

17. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

I go to both every year and I live in So Cal.....

18. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Agreed

19. i was bummed on the swap. i went sunday and was at the gate at seven. so many sellers were bailing it was crazy.i did get some some good parts at good prices tho. and it was good times with good friends so that was cool.

20. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

I wanted to go to GNRS , but since I have a space I went to Turlock. Sold most of what I took. Found parts I needed. Prices were better, a few less people there plus I hung out with friends. I even came home with cash in my pocket. Over all it was a good swap meet. I will be back next year..

21. Choptop

Choptop

Oh well, there is always the Buick Club swap in Sacramento this weekend and the Spring "Reno" Swap Meet at Arco in April.

22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

missed it. probably like the first or second time since 1980 or so. my daily driver is broke and I spent the weekend looking for another.... also no money, since my daily driver is broke and I need to buy another.

23. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

where in Sac??

24. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Saw a strange one, a sbChebbie 2x4 intake, for 2 Q-jets??? No adapters, cast for Q-jets...
    I got a clean chrome Frantz oil filter for $15, a horn ring for my '62 500XL ragtop for $5, a nice spare Proofmeter for my 8N tractor for $5, and a nice set of Dynatech headers/collectors for $80- look like they'll fit in my Falcon with a little adjusting, hack those BBC flanges off there..
    Went home cheap, $113 including the gate

25. GOONZ

GOONZ

It's in the lot next to the Towe Ford Museum on the 6th.

26. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

hah, that is cheap,
    I saw a three deuce setup for sbc with 3 rochesers for 900, but that wasnt in the cards,
    but I was lucky that the guy selling the stuff I bought was not wanting to take it home again.. wasnt planning on buying more fenders, but hey, for 50$, 2 fenders a hood and rad support, twist my arm, :)

27. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

I went to Turlock on Sat. Cold as a witch's left tit but totally worth the effort. I got a grille for Pop's '60 T-bird and a nice hub cap for garage art. Mainly I went as entertainment but I was floored at the amount of sellers there. I hadn't been there in over 10 years and didn't remember so many vendor spaces. If you couldn't find it at Turlock then it doesn't exist LOL.

28. SlamIam

SlamIam

Huge turnout of both sellers and buyers on Saturday, and this time there was plenty of food. Looked like a well run event all around. Took me 6 hours to walk the whole thing. Nice pair of 30-31 fenders $25, set of WW2 bomber gauges $30. My friend got a complete disc brake setup for his 69 Camaro $50. Had a great time.

29. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

I have never missed a Turlock swapmeet and I never plan on doing so. I allways go all three days and no car show could ever be "that cool" to make me want to change my mind.

30. Turlock will not move their dates.. always the last week end in January
    -- and I think GNRS will not move their dates either
    so it's always gonna conflict .....:rolleyes:

Turlock is set for Jan 28-29, 2012 so put that in your appointment calendar for next year !!:)

and the swap meet Sunday Feb 6th, is at 2200 Front Street in Sacramento .. next to the California Automobile Museum (formerly the Towe Museum) .....and across from the Sacramento "Dog Pound"..... you'll be able to get some great parts deals and pick up a dog or cat ...

NOTE THIS SWAP MEET PUT ON BY THE BUICK CLUB HAD TO MOVE this year :eek::eek:... it had always been held under the WX freeway in a Cal Trans parking lot between 21st & 22nd Streets ... so the Buick Club rented the another State of California parking lot about 20 blocks away ....

I know this is a lot to process for you "Rust-o-holics" :D
    so as a "special reward" .. if you find our booth at the Buick Club Swap Meet next Sunday
    I will give you a FREE swap-n-sell ad or a B&W photo ad in the March 2011 Cruisin' News ..
    ( I am doing this to help make sure the word gets out so everyone everyone finds the new location .. .

... I kinda had a similar problem when I moved the Reno Swap Meet from Reno NV, to Sacramento at the Arco Arena a few years ago)

so look for our booth .. I am driving a '46 Hudson pick-up these days
    and also bring a pic of your car for sale and put on our wall of cars for sale in our booth ..

John S

Attached Files: