Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser wars...2011..!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boss Hydro, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Beaver Springs Dragway in conjunction with GASSER MAGAZINE will host the GASSER REUNION this June 10th to the 12th. As part of the gasser show, Beaver Bob has once again put the BLOWN AA/GASSERS as the headliner! There will be a full field of nostalgia AA/GS cars... This will be a OPEN field for the eight fastest & quickest NOSTALGIA AA/GS cars to compete in! (Rules and payout info. can be found here.. http://www.rockypirrone.com/index.php?topic=89.msg428#msg428 )This event is sure to bring back some of the GASSER WARS of the 60's as the Nostalgia AA/GS cars have been growing in numbers! Some of todays rivalries are even more hot than they were back in the 60's..! Here's a small sampling of some of the GASSER WAR Ad's from back in the day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  2. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

If Bob can secure a strong field of blown gassers for this event, I might even consider making a trip up from Florida. From a spectators viewpoint, having a gasser show without supercharged gassers, is like a movie without any stars. I don't mean any disrespect to the guys that either don't like or can't afford to run a blown gasser (me included), but the extra noise, torque, and snappiness of a blown car just gets me excited.

I also hope all the various gasser clubs can get together and help make this event a success. You've got the East Coast Gassers, the Geezer Gassers, Midwest Gasser Assn, Great Lakes Gassers, GGWNY, etc..., and it seems like they all always want to do their own thing. There needs to be a special event where all these guys can get together, and promote this unique part of drag racing that us gasser enthusiasts enjoy.

Mark

3. Beaver Bob will take this to the next level for sure.

4. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Some very early entries include the Ron Bizio 1933 Willys Pick Up truck, now owned and driven by Jeff Cryan.... This is the original car from the 1960's..!
    It's powered by a 6-71 392 Chrysler Hemi......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

The K.S. Pittman Tribute 1933 Willys AA/GS car was the first in the "EIGHTS" blown gas coupe. (1967).. Power comes from a 6-71 392 Chrysler Hemi...This car has run 8.80's.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]+

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  6. 442 c/g

442 c/g

Don`t think we`ll be there Rocky, just got a shift change and trying to move things around,I we`ll see you somewhere.

Don

7. Looks like fun. Too bad it is so far away:mad:

8. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Don't tell me Don Benedict finally made it here? Hey buddy!

9. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

The Boss Hydro is 426 Chrysler hemi powered 1933 Willys... The Boss Hydro is a exact duplicate of the 1968 version that raced on the east coast.... Car has run a best of 8.46 seconds...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 442 c/g

442 c/g

Hey Mike, yep, I finally made it, LOL!! Still no puter yet except at work.

Don

11. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

YO..DON..! GREAT to see you posting! If you get a chance check out Byron's new message board too... http://gassermadness.com/Gas-FX/index.php
    Take a look at the 1937 to 1941 Willys thread..there is a couple of pics you and your cars..! Tell your Dad I said HI..!

Rocky

12. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey don. Good to see you here on the hamb. That's too bad that you can't make Beaver Springs. Hey how about your sedan as your avatar??? It would be cool:D
    Wanda

13. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

The BEAUTIFUL 1933 Willys pick up truck of Jimmy "Tinny" Tinsmith will be there....power comes from a 6-71 blown 392 early HEMI..!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Perhaps the fastest and quickest Nostalgia AA/GS car in the country...Gordon Crowe will be there with his 6-71 chevy powered 1933 Willys coupe.. Gordon has gone 8.20's with this bad ass machine and will be the car to beat!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

It's great to see Croweman back in action. It's been a long time.

16. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

God i can't wait for this event. Enough snow already i want to sniff some fumes:D

17. 442 c/g

442 c/g

Thanks Rocky!! I`ll tell dad hi and check out the message board.

Don

18. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Gordon is one of the true goodguys in the nostalgia AA/GS class....He had a horrific crash a few years back and has done a outstanding job of rebuilding this car single handily....

Rocky

19. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

I remember that wreck. It was really ugly. Then Gordon said he was going to rebuild. That was the last I knew. I'm happy to see him out there again.

20. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Some more of the Gasser Wars Ads...! These were GREAT...really got the fans pumped up for the races!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Another pre entry... The Finders Keepers 1933 Willys coupe! 6-71 blown 392 Hemi..! This car is another beauty that should run real well!

[​IMG]

22. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Wow! If all the pre-entries show, it should be a great show.

23. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Not gonna miss it! Beaver Bob rules....

24. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

I'm waiting to hear back from a bunch more...! I'm working on some sponsor money for the Best Burnout and the The best Period Correct AA/GS car..too!

This event is going to be the MUST ATTEND event for any TRUE gasser fan...!

25. John T.

John T.

26. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Here's a couple of "modern" ones that surfaced a couple years ago...! Good to see the Gasser Wars are still HOT as ever!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

A couple more Gasser Wars Ad's from days gone by..!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Another entry for the GASSER REUNION is the Eddy Kasicki owned and built
    Phenomenon 1933 Blown Willys... This beauty is a crowd favorite with its mid 60's AA/GS looks and big burnouts!

[​IMG]

29. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Has anyone told Ken Kull about this event?

30. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rocky,
    This is going to be fantastic. Your doing a great job getting the right cars to come.