Register now to get rid of these ads!

coupe on street with dragchute

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sport fury, Jan 26, 2011.

1. sport fury

sport fury

2. sport fury

sport fury

i wonder how fast i can drive and pull the chute with just wearing a lap belt. at 30 mph you can't even fell the chute slowing the car down at all.

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Im with you Im gonna have one on mine also ,Just make sure its functional and get a cool pic opened while driving .....Posted before I saw video ,Awesome ,

4. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

5. 61 chevy

61 chevy

better watch out for it hanging up on mail boxes

6. sport fury

sport fury

7. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

:DDo about 180 and pull it with the lap belt on, you will be pulling your teeth out of the wheel. Watch out you don't get it caught on something.:D

8. sport fury

sport fury

that could very well happen if i drove to close to side of the road or if the wind blew the chute over. very good point, thank you.

9. sport fury

sport fury

lets see photos or video of your car with the dragchute

10. My buddies use them, they work great. They run mid 8's at the track and make about 900 hp. Kinda like your car. :)

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

must be a friend of Zacks...

12. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I did this exact same thing with my drag car so I could get some pics for a friend and yes you guessed it, I hooked a mailbox at 90 MPH with the chute fully deployed. It tore the chute mount bracket right off the back of the car, buckled the rear frame, sent the steering wheel into my ribs, and launched the mail box and post about 100 feet into the air landing it squarely on my buddies truck hood. The farmer whose mailbox it was wanted to kick my butt, and would have if I could have caught my breath and stood up, instead he just called the ambulance so I could have a set of x rays and a CT scan.

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Check out "The best fight scenes of all time" on the same you-tube page. Man, thats some FUNNY sh*t!

14. sport fury

sport fury

it is better to learn from others mistakes than your own. if i were to pull the chute on the street again i would have to have some kind of a safety device that would allow the chute to break away from the car. if the chute were to snag onto something even at 30mph the results could quite nasty. this is the kind of mishap that is often preceded by "hey watch this".

15. firingorder1

firingorder1

16. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

By the way, that's a very nice looking coupe.

17. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Got mine open once and it was such a pain to repack that I doubt I'll ever deploy it.

18. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Hot Rod magazine did that to a 67 Camaro back in the day. Had it tied to the bumper. It pulled the bumper off....

19. sport fury

sport fury

20. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

for some odd reason I've visualized a fat kid wearing a superman cape running around the yard alone..... the chute on a street car conjured up this image

21. sport fury

sport fury

that is interesting that you said that. i have been facinated with parachutes since i was a kid. i even tool up sky diving for a summer. the drag chute was from my brothers 26 ford altered roadster drag car. i have been wanting to put it on my coupe for a long time. i was not able to notice any effect of it slowing the coupe down.

22. First off, nice coupe.
    Second, there was a famous pic done of a rail on the street with chute out and cop car behind. just cant recall the details, (but someone here will know).
    I recon you could reinact that (with a friendly cop) and yourd have some cool pics for fun.

23. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

of course I also jumped off the roof of my house with an umbrella when I was a kid

24. metal man

metal man

That was Mcmullens roadster

25. Thats the one. I knew someone would know, its sunday here and my brains not fully engaged.
    :D:D:D

26. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Deploy the Batchute Robin!

27. 94hoghead

94hoghead

my big brother was facinated with parachutes also. When he was in Jr. high he bought a amry surplus parachute and buckled himself in. A gust of wind came up and picked him off the ground and slammed him into the side of the barn. That was the last time he buckled that thing on....

28. sport fury

sport fury

i remember that article. i think it was a duece roadster. the chute was a round cargo chute.

29. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

The chute looked a little small, is it an 8' or 10' foot chute?
    The one on the Maverick is 12', and belive me from 133 when you pull it.... without the five way harness you would be picking teeth out of the dash.
    Oh yes, this is only a 9.8's car, wish I had an 8.8's car although in defense of my car it does weigh 3345 with me in it..............maybe I need to go on a diet and break into the 8's............

30. Gator

Gator

Hahaha - exactly. :D