Register now to get rid of these ads!

How's everyones winter projects going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46binder, Jan 29, 2011.

1. 46binder

46binder
    from Kenosha,Wi

Just wondering if others are having trouble getting things done on their cars this winter. I know I usually get more done in the winter than the summer. Winters about half over here, and I can tell this is probably going to be another year my car doesn't get finished.

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

No progress what so ever on the '30 Roadster. I do plan on cleaning out another area in the basement and organize stuff today.

3. 2935ford

2935ford

I bought a van this past summer and when putting both "get to work" cars in the gargae now...I have to leave the back shop area garage door open and can now not heat it! Very little will get done on my 29 A/V8 project this winter. I have a small work area in the basement but only for small things. As soon as it is decent enough to leave the van outside......I'll get back to it.
    Bummer!

4. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I've been trying to work, but my garage doesn't have heat and it's been unusually cold here, when it's nice out I try to go out and get something done, I'm building a stainless exhaust system for the off topic project right now, so it's go out there and fit and mark some pieces, pack them up and take them to work for welding or cutting or whatever they need. It's slow but it's something done.

5. big bad john

big bad john

..,,,,,,been working on my 37 ford coupe trying to get it painted....going real slow,,,,,,,got a lot of friends that come over,but they seem to drink more beer ,than work.........

6. fms427

fms427

Hey - I'm doing good ! The Wildfire is coming right along - paint in the spring !

Attached Files:

7. Ruiner

Ruiner

My '63 Dodge is buried under 2 feet of snow since the brakes went out before I could put it in the garage for the winter...my garage has no floor and no electricity, so I wouldn't have gotten anything done anyway...and I don't have money to buy parts anyway, plus my tools and equipment are still in storage about 2 hours away in the town I used to live in...I'm hoping to buy a shop truck this year so I can start getting my stuff home again and be prepared to move to a new house in 2012...this time I'll buy a place with a shop ;)...

8. The oil burner in the garage is DOA so nothing is getting done until I can figure out what to do next.:mad:

9. BenderJ

BenderJ
    from Detroit

Not working in the garage until the temp stays above 40... Which should be sometime in March.

10. Larry T

Larry T

I'm finishing up the steering and filling a BUNCH of holes in the 55 frame.
    Who knew that a Vega box would just bolt in to a 55? Yea, right! LOL
    Gonna organize my pics and start a build thread soon.
    Larry T

[​IMG]

11. Craven Moorhead

Craven Moorhead
    from New Berlin

I am on my third tank of pane, A990 interior going in. Winter sucks in the Midwest, the older I get the less I want to be in the garage this time of year but I like driving the car in the nice months so you do what you must.

Attached Files:

12. cheveey57

cheveey57

Lately the only project I've been doing anything on is shoveling the damm snow...........Come on spring!!

13. terry48435

terry48435

Getting the body on the deuce roadster ready for paint. Got the chassis pretty much done.
    Want to set up the 700R4 before putting the body on. Bowtie Overdrive gave me all the directions to adjust the TV cable and how to check that it shifts properly.They said I'd burn up the clutches otherwise
    I'm going to do the exhaust with the body off too,should make it easier.

Attached Files:

14. jaz

jaz
    from London, UK

I don't have a garage so my mercury is outside under a tailored cover, with an electric green house heater in it to keep the interior damp free. However, new Aerostar Springs, Gas shock absorbers and universal lowering block kit along with workshop manual have just arrived from USA so I can start lowering it. Gonna do some prep work tomorrow - remove spider wheel trims, etc ready to start.

15. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

i hate winter! i havent been able to work on my truck in months because this ohio weather wont break! having hotrod withdraw!

16. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

If you are thunderbirdesq,(your such a idiot Andy), no problem!! My sons truck will be trading places with my tub soon so I can make some changes and he can work on his bike.Hell it self will freeze over by the time all my stuff is done.Andy let me know how things went in Pa.
    Detroit is coming up soon!!!!! It that show doesnt get the juices flowing,your in the wrong gig

17. chaddilac

chaddilac

Haven't lost momentum yet.... :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. flamed58

flamed58

Got some of the boxing done on the frame. This is a 1942 Studebaker. Dusty

Attached Files:

19. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Chassis and motor is done for FF#1 ..Gittin paint & lettering now for Harrisburg, PA show next month. FF#2 to follow

Attached Files:

20. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Driving mine now, but still working on it. Being to the point of taking it for a spin is a major step forward!

21. Harms Way

Harms Way

I need a propane fired Radiant tube heater (about 50 ft.) for the shop,... and with the shop being made of block & brick,.. having 14' ceilings and a shop area of 30' X 50' ,.. It's like standing in a refrigerator! :mad:

So,.. needless to say, I can only work for 2 to 4 hours, before I cant feel my feet, and it feels like I'm walking around on stumps,.... So,.. progress has been sloooooooow !

(sorry about the mini rant,... but hey,.. you asked,.... Well coffee is done !:D I don't know whether to drink it or pour it in my boots ! :( )

22. perk30

perk30

Got a few things done this winter between shoveling snow. Redid the trunk to make it more user friendly, put some aluminum on the firewall to clean it up and although it's not as old school as I like I put a third brake light in the rear window. Just feel safer with it there. Also fixed some spots on the roof but it hasn't been warm enough to primer and paint it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

23. Even in sunny :p (foggy) California things are moving kinda slow but we hope to have the new Uni ready for El Mirage in May. ;)

[​IMG]

24. Cadillacjerk

Cadillacjerk

I'm stalled, winter has been bad... still buying tools and acquired another truck 57 truck but work output is 0%...takes a lot to heat my garage when it's 20-40 below zero

25. 37flathead

37flathead
    from Wiscosin

I'm restoring a 37 sedan. Can't seem to find a rebuildable motor. Both of the motors I bought have holes in the side of the block. I might try to plug them with some epoxy type stuff. Just sent to EMS for another repair section,(toolbox pan). I already have outter tailpan, fender repair sections, outer cowl repair sections, lower doorjamb pieces, rear quarter panels, and both floorpans. The only pieces I need are the inner cowl patch panels. Then the body work starts. Bruce

26. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

My 47' is going well. I am in the process of patching some two small holes in the floor. Sanding and minimum body mods in progress now. Thankful I have a heated garage. Getting tired of looking at snow.

27. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

the coffee is too hot to pour in boots, waste of good coffee anyway, they make those chemical heat packs that stick to your socks, take it out of the pack, shake it and stick it on, they are great!! they keep your feet nice and warm, they also have the hand warmers, they go in your pockets, if your hands get cold, your pockets will be nice and warm. I go through a lot of them,being back at work in an airplane hanger in the freezing cold. one pack will last over eight hours, if they start to col just shake them up

28. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

29. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

nto comin along at all... thanks to the IRS

30. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have been totally stalled lately, need to get my ass in gear. My daughter just turned 2, spending all my free time playing with her, or on the HAMB!