Register now to get rid of these ads!

****The 2011 GNRS... TJJ: Best Roadster - Vote NOW!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 28, 2011.

?
  1. Car 1

359 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Car 2

60 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Car 3

168 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. Car 4

321 vote(s)
    22.8%
  5. Car 5

163 vote(s)
    11.6%
  6. Car 6

155 vote(s)
    11.0%
  7. Car 7

96 vote(s)
    6.8%
  8. Car 8

57 vote(s)
    4.1%
  9. Car 9

19 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. Car 10

9 vote(s)
    0.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy P

Randy P
    from Austin, TX

Great selection of cars, had to cast my vote to the Bass-built car, really a cool package, simple, true to the theme, functional.

2. I had to go three its I dont know real and somthing you would have seen driving the streets

3. cracker head

cracker head

Is that guy on the left taking a dump in his pants??

4. Mucha Muchacha

Mucha Muchacha

5. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

all super nice cars,a few different styles,hard choice,the playboy with the fat lucky interior & bass fab just too cool,pats purple caddy powered 32 ,the lakes roadster, but i had to go with "TAKEOUT" over the top with detail,nice display & i would love to see that color in person !!!

6. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

I like the engine mounts on #4 so its gets my vote.....

Now if the engine mounts looked like square tubing it wouldnt get my vote.

Also #6 is really cool.

Anything at the GNRS is Awesome.

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Number "1" hands down.

8. shoestring

shoestring

That wasn't easy.

9. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I'm a Bass man:D
    The 27 T is awesome, actually perfect, hope it wins the AMBR, but I have to go with Brian Bass' roadster.

10. EVANS and 3 97s

EVANS and 3 97s

I am a 32 to 34 guy so this should have been easy. After looking at all the show pics on the HAMB,I had already chosen the car I would most like in my garage. I am pleased it is on your list of selections. All are outstanding in their own way,but I chose #7. The choices made on stance,restraint in color,tires.profile and 40s influence lit me up at first look. Real eye candy.

11. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

I had to give my vote to Bass, extremely well executed car...

12. swazzie

swazzie

I'm sorry but, #4 is the most aesthetically balanced and perceivably drivable looking rod of the bunch of them. I am not particularly fond of the 32 roadster but that car has got it in spades... much props brau. #1 Awesome , hate purple or any variation of it really and #6 Dig it much but it just doesn't kick it for me. Those were my three......Blah Blah Blah .

13. GaryC.

GaryC.

I voted for #1.
    I like that it's not trying to fit any mold.
    It's a cool hot rod... and I'm not even a big "T" fan!

14. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

voted...#1 through #8 tough.......#9 & #10...dont even fit,compared to the rest????
    good luck to all.....

15. I just got home from the show and I'll tell you they all look great. I like number 1 though as the engine block is so smooth it looks like it was dipped in enamel fit and finish is dot on.

16. It was between 4 & 5 for me. I love Pat's car, especially when he runs the mags on it, but I had to go with 4 after I saw the build thread. Love the interior too!

17. fonti

fonti

very tough decision...I'm still not sure...

18. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

i have been drolling over #1 all week on the hamb, look up the take out t to see more pics and im sure you will fall out off your chair. i hope to see more 60's show rods like this in the future! #1 is top notch!

19. HOTRODPRIMER - Pat is pgan on the H.A.M.B.! ... so your'e not a traitor :)

20. I'm tellen ya guys that it is hard to choose just one each has it's own outstanding points. But I gonna go with "Too Tall Ganhal" this time !!!

21. autobilly

autobilly

An odd couple maybe, but out of the fabulous field I can't get past 6 and 7. The '31 is pure authentic traditional competition Hot Rod and it 100% appeals to my taste. It's the first time that we've been offered a Custom and I really dig this subtle and stylish offering. What an traditionally elegant and classy machine.
    In the end I've gotta pick Micheal Brennan's roadster 'cos, well; "baby it's built for speed".
    BTW, that Takeout T is one beautiful Show Rod. Too nice for this Hoodlum.

22. I hope #1 wins the AMBR, but my vote goes to the Bass built #4 for the HAMB AMBR.

23. vilanar

vilanar
    from Finland

Cause there isn´t place for SBC in my heart.It was #1 or #6 .
    Amazing details in #1 , but too girlie color for me so it´s #6, nothing
    special , but real hot rod with no valve covers.

24. XOFMOT

XOFMOT

Voted for #1...but I don't like it! But..looking at the car from a judges point of view...it wins hands down!! Look at their location for their display...perfect!! Great detail, Eye catching color, fantastic display of car and ohhh that flathead!!

I actually like the RPU!! But being tucked in so close with other cars and without an eyepoping display...most people will walk right by it.

Now how did the "T" get such a nice location to display vs. the others in the show?

25. Had to pick based on what i would like parked in my garage. Number 7 did it for me, sometimes less is more and it's not easy to make something look that simple and timeless.

26. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

I dig every one of those cars, they are all AMBR's it's like choosing between beauty queens how can you! But after seeing Bass' build post I had to go with Steve's car, that thing is spectacular.

27. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Excellent Top Ten! Really tough to choose one. The Takeout-T is over the top gorgeous. I hope it wins the AMBR. The Pat Ganahl roadster really surprised me. It is beautiful and I didn't know a die hard custom guy would own a really bitchin hot rod :D
    But, the car that I would really want in my garage would be Steve Ernst's car. He and Brian really nailed it. I love everything about it, the interior is especially well done. Brian Bass and #4 gets my vote

28. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

Number 1 all the way for me!

29. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

tough choice for me... but some lost my vote because I am not a fan of SBCs. Nothing personal against them- I just like "different" or original running gears.

30. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Personally, I like #4 & #5 the most, but there's something about that T that just screams
    Show Car, so that's what I'm going with. Wish I was there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.