Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features ford motors in non-fords bodys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by teddyp, Feb 9, 2010.

1. billy zz

billy zz

ford 302 in a 27 chevy pickup.
    i am building it now.......;)

2. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I have heard that over and over. Shit I thought that's what It's all about. Being a carbon cop of every other car out ther isn't what I thought that matters.

3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Actually, I like both the Edsel and the Corvair, the name is just a nod to the mainstream reputations of both as embarassments to their respective manufacturers.

Corvair mechanicals don't do much for me, though, hence my longstanding desire to front-engine one. A 409 in there would be cool too, nut wouldn't fit this thread very well.

-Dave

4. AMC360

AMC360
    from Canada

I have a Flathead going in a 36 Hudson Terraplane.

5. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

About 17 years ago I bought a '40 Chevy pick-up from a GI stationed on Vandenberg AFB, he had put a Ford 6 banger, C4, and 8" Ford in it.
    I took it to the Turlock Swap Meet to sell it, I was told I ruined the truck by putting Ford motor in a chevy!!! Go figure!! The thing ran better then it did new and it was ruined!!!
    I loved seeing that Ford powered Camero wax that chevy powered Camero on Pass Times.... that dude Ken was beside himself.

6. dizzyearth

dizzyearth
    from Elkmont Al

Ive got a Ford Engine in my master craft ski boat.....slightly hot rodded

Attached Files:

7. duke182

duke182

late 80's -mid 90's there was a fella from Little Rock who drag raced at prescott raceway , here in arkansas, who ran a 289 in a mid 60,s corvette.

8. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Not mine but I get the joke.:D

9. i feel the same with chebys in fords

10. bdynpnt

bdynpnt

I once bought an asphalt latemodel race car that had a Monte Carlo body on it for a very good price and me being a Ford man i put a Nascar 358 ford engine with the yates heads making 650 hp . that thing would scream across the rear i put FORD the heartbeat of this Chevrolet , eventually i did convert it to a taurus body

11. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I put a 351w in my last Studebaker truck also sectioned and shortened the truck before I sold her.

Attached Files:

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Man you gotta post pix of that!

13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

The only way to make a Chevy fast is to put a Ford motor in it.

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

LOL I Love it! If that doesn't put the Chevy purists' panties in a bunch, nothing will!

15. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

That flathead-powered ‘57 Chevrolet is ridiculous and arbitrary. Think about how stupid a two-seat Thunderbird with a 216 Stovebolt would look.

Now this is kinda cool:

[​IMG]

Ed Roth’s ‘55 Chevrolet had an FE, IIRC.

-Dave

16. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

My 59 Dodge has been running a 429 ford and C6 box for about the last 20 years, runs strong and is only stock at the moment. Still pulling hard at 125, using 2 lanes but accelerating still :D.

Paul.

17. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

The real dumb mf who don't know the difference between a 1/2 9 and a screw driver, would but a chevy in a Ford

18. Hopefully this summer I will be putting a 302 Furd in A 50 Willys Jeepster...just for fun

19. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Real unbiased logic here! How could you be a fair mechanic?

Grumpy Jenkins always said, "Ford or Chevy, the valve covers don't know what's underneath..."

20. fordfan289

fordfan289
    from indiana

We use to have a suburban that came to the junkyard all the time had a 460 in it said built like a rock with a ford big block.

21. HILLBILLY'ED

HILLBILLY'ED

...............ROTH ran a 406 in the 55 and two 406s in the Mysterion

22. If I had that lying arround.. I would run it.. but only if that babbit motor was the only motor i had lying arround.. say it was a 235 or a 250 what the hell why not?

23. 29ToyA

29ToyA

24. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

One of my favorite cross-breeds was the red late-70's Vette bracket racer with a 2x4 428CJ and a C6 in it, ran 10.50's. Saw a couple kids walk over to the guy at Sears Point one night and ask him why his Vette was so much louder and faster than their 396 Chebbelle- so he opened the hood and showed 'em :eek:

Yes, this is Smokey's Camaro, and George Follmer's B2- notice what it says on the spoiler- "My other car is a FORD"- Camie also drives a very strong R-model Shelby :D
    And yes, Camie and Vic were in the same place at the same time, gettin' competitive :p:p

[​IMG]

25. As a kid growing up in Boonville Ca, population 950 people, we didn't get to see the real cool hot rods. Hot Rod magazine was my choice of reading material. I saw the usual stuff, and when I was old enough, I got to go to the Oakland Roadster Show. What an eye opener.
    What impressed me most was this guy that showed up at my place with a 60 Chevy pickup, under the hood was a Chrysler Hemi 354. What a sleeper.
    Years later my brother stuck a 57 Olds J-2 3 duece motor in his cherry 56 Chevy pickup. Growing up he had a 47 Merc Coupe with a 54 Olds motor in it..
    Brother in law bought a brand new Ford Pickup 302, he liked the truck but was unhappy, it wouldn't pull a sick whore off a piss pot. He put a 426 Hemi 2 Four w/torqueflite in it. Talk about a torque monster.
    Over the years I've seen some real cool combinations. How about a Studebaker pickup with a 260 Datsun Z motor? I did a V-6 Buick into a Vega Gt wagen. I ran a small block Chevy in a 70 Skylark drag race car. Should of heard all the crap I use to get from the Buick crowd, I love it. My buddy Sheckler built a 38 Plymouth pickup with a Cadillac front wheel drive set up in the bed. Last but not least, saw a Ford Falcon with a Mercedes Benz Diesel in it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  26. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I had a big 460 that I was going to stuff into a 37 Plymouth p/u . I thought it was going to get me into way too much trouble so I sold the engine and the 37 truck . I have put many sbf engine into many small cars and they worked very well !

Retro Jim

27. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I have a 2.3 turbo t-bird driveline with 5 speed heading towards my 1953 Chevy Pickup truck. Specs on vehicles show t-bird weighed almost 200 pounds more than old pickup.

28. SIX_94Y

SIX_94Y
    from Australia

Six carb 272, in 58 Vauxhall Velox!

Attached Files:

29. Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

Im planning on using a late 90s Ford Explorer 2wd chassis under my 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup. Originally I was planning on building a SBC with a Camaro T5, but I found a killer deal on a 98 Explorer with a 5.0 in it. As life goes, Im thinking about running the 5.0 to save some money instead of building another motor. Then Ill be able to piss off the Ford, Chevy, and Trad guys all with one truck! :D

30. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

Don't know if this counts, but Murfresboro Tn. speed shop owner Mike Macado put cleveland heads on his small block chev in a topolino altered he ran in comp eliminator.
    Very nice car, but you would have to ask him why.

Tom S. in Tn.