Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features true Daily driver Pics ONLY !!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JAKE'S-Pumpkinella54, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

A question for those that have daily drivers that have a "open engine" or "No hood"....how bad is it to run a car without a hood in the rain? Reason I ask is because when I hopefully build a Model A hot rod, most a's don't have a hood and that's how I want mine.

Thanks
    -Cody

2. i still dont have heat in mine ...... blue flame heats up just enough to defrost the glass ... loving the winter !

3. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

my neighbors daily as well. just home from work
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

its perpetually without hood

4. gearheadya

gearheadya
    from texas

my daily driver

Attached Files:

5. flattopdan

flattopdan

The only problem that I ever has is the carb freezing up on really cold wet days. Then it runs like crap. But it you have good seals on everything and good air cleaners youshouldnt have any problems.

6. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

[​IMG]

daily. even when i'm working downtown-it's a bitch to park, and i'm always worried someone is going to back into it, but good luck so far.

7. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

as many of you know, i drove this thing from texAss to florida with all of my worldly possessions in the bed and two dogs in the cab. it's now my daily driver. here it is parked at a florida beach.

if gas keeps going up though, i'm going postal. beforehand however, i'll will the truck to a worthy Hamber...;)

Attached Files:

8. pex

pex
    from alberta

A pic of my brothers 36 driven 400 miles one way for xmas. [​IMG]

9. I drove this 54 Chrysler wagon daily for nearly a year in 1994. It was fun, but boy did it drink gas. Snow, rain, whatever. A very dependable ride - much more so than the 84 Eldorado it replaced.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

That black Mopar looks killer I bet people just wait for you to exit the car to see if you have a cape or your a super hero.
    Don't the roof lines look like an old Rambler Marlin?
    Nice wheels you guys have.

11. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Thank You!
    -Cody

12. crowen57

crowen57

Drove an Econoline daily until a drunk totaled it. We found this one and it's been a daily
    since we got her road-worthy, I'm "certain" of it!

[​IMG]

13. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

I have a distaste for drunk drivers that is best expressed in words I shouldn't use here ... :mad:

When they wreck up someone else's classic car, they should have their wages garnished for as long as it takes to replicate it, exactly as it was.

14. my past daily driver loved it and restore it right now , sorry a lil ot car

Attached Files:

15. rockabilly_kid

rockabilly_kid
    from Reno, NV

My daily driver, and only car, is a '63 Dart.

Rain/snow:

[​IMG]

Or shine:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hate new cars, especially tuners. Yeah I'm really not into my own generation haha.

-Allan

16. kiljoy

kiljoy

the new daily driver
    [​IMG]

the old daily driver
    [​IMG]

17. ecrinc

ecrinc
    from delaware

Rain, snow, or shine!

Attached Files:

18. im glad to see there some new great rides ... off topic is ok as long as they have the cool factor .

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I have to disagree... and sorry that Nova does not have the cool factor. :eek:

20. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Disagree. I'm not putting down anyone's car, I think some of the O/T cars posted here are cool. But off topic is off topic.

21. zman .... i feel ya ...... hes a fng . give him some time .....

22. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

I drive this '53 Packard to and from school during the week and all over the county on the weekends, rain or shine (it doesn't snow where I live:D), since I got her on the road in November. It still has the original 327 straight 8 and three on the tree.

First pic is when I picked her up for 200 bucks, next one is just after I sprayed it black and mounted the new tires, and the third is when I rattle-canned some flames on it a few weekends ago.

Attached Files:

23. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Cool Packard! Flathead straight 8s represent. :D

24. rockabilly_kid

rockabilly_kid
    from Reno, NV

Ah that Packard is rad!! :D

-Allan

25. elmitcheristo

elmitcheristo

Here's my daily driver. The old Otwell heater actually works believe it or not.
    [​IMG]

26. This is the only car I own, it's a 1956 Ford Customline 300. I drive it daily has been everywhere including Saskatchewan, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, California, Nevada, etc. It gets driving through all conditions!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. My daily driver for over a year......took me to the school I worked at, drove it round the city to various work sites and then did a commute in to Birmingham everyday when I changed jobs!!......also took crap to the city dump, collected building materials and got generally used and abused......51 Nash Rambler full kustom pick up! [​IMG][​IMG]

28. brandon

brandon

its only a set of wheels away from being "anything"...nothing wrong with a 69 nova. seems like there are a ton of pics of a certain jj funny nova on here.:eek:

29. Well here it is ,I'm not a real cop I just play one on tv..........HA-HA

Attached Files: