Register now to get rid of these ads!

They look at ya kinda wierd when you buy 15 gallons of vinegar at Wal-mart...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratroddude, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Did the experiment work? I'm searching for the 'after' pix, but I don't see them. What's up, ratroddude?

2. You can use it to clean concrete floors.

3. zmandet

zmandet

Well I just finished my "science experiment" with vinegar.....I cleaned out a 35 gallon gas tank that I had, it had been left with olg gas in it for 10 to 15 years and was rusted and generally sludged up inside. 20 gallons of distilled vinegar and let it set for 5 days, drained the tank and then powerwashed it and "wala" I can see clean bare metal, flipped the tank over and strained out the vinegar and poured it back in, five days later I drained it again and powerwashed it and the tank now looks like new! A big thank you to whomever started this thread!

4. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Well, it finally worked , I put the hinges in on 11-22-10 , I pulled them out today , I guess the cold ass weather took alot longer , but , I have to say , it did work , here's the pics....

Attached Files:

5. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Before....[​IMG] And after...[​IMG]

6. I prefer to soak it in cider:D

7. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Damn , ginger Ale hurts when you spew it thru yer nose.....:D

8. Thanks for the info, I missed this thread originally.

9. Giovanni

Giovanni

I've used electrolysis with great success. All you need is a plastic tub, a battery charger, and some washing or baking soda. for doing large parts, it's far more economical to fill a huge tub or trash can with water than vinegar. Only works on ferrous metals.
    A quick search on the internet will show results like yours.
    Those hinges do look great tho!