Register now to get rid of these ads!

crotchedy old neighbor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1ton, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big bad john

big bad john

........Ditto....Cut a tree down for a bitchy neighbor for free.....now she sends me christmas cards and cookies......just be nice to them.....

2. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Ive had the county cops called on me for test driving my dirt race car up and down the road in middle of the day on saturday on an old country road. Dont you wish someone had a life and could mind their own business. JERKS!

3. ^Friend of ours when I was growing up used to test out his drag car on the street in front of his house. LOL

4. Zombie Duck

Zombie Duck

I live outside the city limits in a small Texas town, I live next to my grandmother and she lives next to my mother and stepfather and on the other side of me is a family with more broke down vehicles in their yard than me or my family.

We complain amongst ourselves about the other neighbors playing loud music sometimes, back when my granpa was alive he used to play german march and polka music on his record player he had hooked up to an old 3 foot tall bass amp just to get even with them. :D

5. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Frank Bradley used to live down the street from me in Napa, in a tract house right behind the Ford dealership. They used to push-start the Top Fuel car in the street and dink with it in front of the house, cops were careful to not come around the corner until it was shut down ;) He also used to have a pretty quick go-kart to further terrorize the neighborhood
    My buddy that lived in between had 3 different original 427 Cobras, his mom had a '69 Boss 429, and his dad had a '53 coupe with a nice medium riser and a Shelby Dominator intake under the faded green paint. He also had an original race GT40, #P1009, Guardsman blue w/ white stripes- we used to drive it around on the street with the 180 degree headers and open megaphones, Tecalemit Jackson-injected race 289. It still had the LeMans gears in it, 70 in first, 120 in second, crap yer pants in 3rd, two to go :D
    He got what has to be the slowest speeding ticket ever in a 427 Cobra in '75, 40 in a 35, right in front of the Napa Ford dealership on Saturday afternoon- the salesmen loved it, filled the lot up with gawkers

6. I don't know if it is a worldwide thing or not but your description of the dumped junk is also perfect word for word for the northern outskirts of Christchurch, NZ - although not so many abandoned cars, they get dumped on the riverbank - mainly because people are too f***ing tight-arsed to pay to dump it. The odd part about it is that it probably requires more effort to find somewhere to dump it for free, as they have to drive further.

7. Good stories. :p

8. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Best part is they're all true :p
    Was a fun neighborhood back then- including a severe dive bar two doors up on the corner- crawling distance.
    My next-door neighbor got a little wound up by the time the cam was broken in on the 14:1 427 in my 406 car- I did have mufflers on it, but they're 3" straight core truck resonators, and the Milodon gear drive didn't help. Then my scroungy 'ol cat got his cat pregnant :mad: Pretty obvious, they all looked just like him. So Bowser comes home one night, scratching and biting at himself, rolling around and hollering. I finally get ahold of him, and find that someone had tied a rubber band around his nutz- suckers were swelled up and bright red. Stuck a knike in there and popped the rubber band, little guy rolled over and went to sleep. Damage was done, though, little raisins fell off about a week later- he was mean as hell after that, took to attacking and chasing dogs- would fly right in their faces with all fours, with a blood-curdling scream- dogs would freak and run.
    When we were drag racing in the mid 70's, we used to work out of a little shop at a friends' house out in the country, out in the sticks, hardly any houses, and everybody was cool. There was a nice straight stretch right where they lived, pull out of the driveway, and test the latest brilliant idea. If the neighbors came over, they brought a 12 pack and helped. Cool. No more, yuppy houses and boutique wineries everywhere- the old neighborhood is now known as the "Carneros Appellation" :eek:

9. 5window

5window

You know, I live on a county road and my nearest neighbor lives 1/4 mile away. We're mostly farmers, and some Amish folk-no big deal. The kid half a mile away has a 4 wheeler-loud,no muffler and likes to drive right past my house at,let's just say, somewhere north of the speed limit.

I 've had my very young granddaughter living with us and the noise either scares the daylights out of her or he drives by right at mealtimes and makes her cry and stop eating. Plus it's so very nice to be sitting down to a nice meal on the weekends and have this young man serenade us.

If I can catch this kid in the act when I am outside, I may not be polite. Frankly, consider that YOU may be the jerk. If you've got a car meant to race on dirt racetracks,race it there.

10. EchoOfGecko

EchoOfGecko

Personally I think that anyone that owns a car or bike that that is technically not within legal noise limits or any other legality is responsible for not pissing off their neighbors so as not to ruin it for the rest of us.

I try not to idle or rev my car too much early in the mornings or idle or rev it even during the day for more than a couple minutes, I certainly wouldn't be racing around in a race car around my own neighbors and expect it wouldn't piss them off, I'd be pissed if someone did it to me. Just like all those ass-hats on Harleys that insist on using WOT from every light just to "impress" everyone with how loud their exhaust is, kind of a douche-bag move in my opinion.

Sometimes people need to be reminded of the golden rule with a ticket now and again.

11. terryr

terryr
    from earth

Call welfare, or workers comp. Get pics of him in perfect shape and send them in.

I did this to a guy who was not too noisy, but was selling drugs from his house. He only put his leg brace on for doctors appointments.
    He also bought an air conditioner from me but never paid. 'not working y'know'. I cut a wire on it, then he gave it back to me.
    He moved away and awhile later he was in the paper. He tried a scam on some tropical island and they busted him good. The local paper was on his side until I told them the facts.
    He got a year in jail.

12. I live in a NON-HOA neighborhood.....but I have a city code enforcment chick the lives 3 block around the corner. Shes never stopped to complain, but left a very long detailed violation letter pinned to my truck last night at about 230am. Gave me 48hrs to move my truck, at 49hrs I would recive a $300 fine and a criminal citation to appear in court for Class 1 misdemeanor. Wtf is with people? After calling the city, turns out she passed out 37 violations in the areas around my neighborhood...sound slike shes up for promotion or something.

So I just rushed and sold off my tow truck, have an appointment with a realtor next week and will have my house on the market, i am done with living in the city.

13. Just to clear things up to.....the truck in my avitar is the truck in question, It never sits in the street when not it use--always in the driveway. I don't work on any of my projects after the sun goes down, and the only one visable from the street is the truck. It has mufflers, tags and is street legal, it doesn't block sidewalks or any access to meeter readers etc. She clssified it on the notice as "abandoned construction equipment".

Sorry, im a little hyped up....been working the issue all day, finally gave up and sold the rig to a guy thats been after it since I bought it. No he didn't make complaints just to get the truck.

14. 5window

5window

That's a cool truck, but I don't understand why you just gave up? If it's street legal and parked appropriately, then she is way off base. So what else was in the "very long detailed violation letter"? If she has no case, by just giving up and selling out you only justified her pushing folks around. Something doesn't fit here...?

15. What 5-window said 2!:rolleyes:

16. It wasn't that I didn't have a case, it was that glendale az definds a "commercial vehicle as any vehicle having more then a 1-ton rating and a GVW of 10,000lbs or more" I can't some how lower my 68k GVW or the 25k the truck actually weighs. and with only 48hrs to comply, it didn't leave me much time to get my case together. But its all good, I broke even on the truck, so I have a bigger budget to get my '45 ford on the road.

17. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

had a NEW neighbor come down the street from 4 houses away when i was building my garage addition and complain that the smoke from the lumber scraps i was burning in my burn barrel were smoking him out and accused me of burning roof shingles even though i was now where near ready for shingles. this was on a day that the wind was from the west and he lives north of me:confused: told me if i kept burning he would call the cops. a few days later the county inspector showed up at his door to inform him that he would have to install a hand rail around his large deck that was 5 feet off the ground or be cited for a building code violation. wonder how they found out about that:rolleyes:!!!

18. gaskell

gaskell
    from CO

Neighbors suck.... The ok'd lady behind us complained about the swing set we put up for our then 3year old. To top that the F'n HOA told us to pull it down. I reminded them that I had written permission from the HOA to put it up and if the wanted itbdown they could discuss it with my lawyer. Turns out that the old broad was on the HOA. She was asked to resign about 6 months later.

19. bgaro

bgaro

i think i have the worst neighbors ever. ever try to reason with someone who is mentally ill, its real hard. well i am about $7000 into lawyers over this bullshit. on the bright side i havent been to jail over this, cant say the same for them. more court and lawyer fees to come. this is really cutting into my hot rod money. neighbors suck.

20. Gman0046

Gman0046

When I was a kid I'd had a friend whose father died. He and his mother continued to live in the house for years afterward without ever doing any maintenance to the house what so ever. He was into hot rods and there was always some drag cars or parts surrounding the house. He was the only one around with a torch and was always welding something in the front yard. It was truly a dump in a very nice neighborhood. My friend eventually got a job driving an 18 wheeler and used to park the tractor in the street. The neighbors complained to the town and they erected No Parking of Commercial Vehicles in the street. That was no problem for him he then parked it on the front yard which looked worse.

21. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

When I lived in the city I built a nice looking 2-car garage. One of the neighbors a couple houses away complained. Although it all legal, and wasn't even as big as I could have made it, she said it was too big and blocked her view(mostly of my house:confused:). The lady complaining had a 2-car garage, but for some reason that was different.

I know of several cases where adjacent property owners have objected to construction on vacant land because they wanted it to remain an unofficial extension of their own property.:rolleyes:

22. jonnyonedrip

jonnyonedrip
    from canada

thats usually how things work in the country with bad neighbours they all seem to have a fire of some sort then they shut up real quik and realize that you have to depend on your neightbours to survive sometimes either that or they move away to bother someone else

23. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

That stepside pickup?

Theres no way that thing weighs 25k. And you can lower the registered GVW rating on a vehicle, I lowered it on my peterbilt from 80k to 68k.

My chevy avalanche is registered with a gvw of 11,XXX lbs.

24. newpy383

newpy383

It sounds like you need to bury a mannequin in your backyard when you know he is home.

The man that is in charge of our city work crew is also a reserve cop. During the week he is all over the town for the city scouting violations for the one day he gets to be a cop. It's getting terrible. He has a napoleon complex or something. Our neighbors have had their licensed vehicles towed. Yesterday i saw him eyeballing my truck in the backyard. It's a small town and it isn't called for.

25. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Because he doesn't have the big one anymore he changed his avatar.
    Thats NOT the truck in question! :D

26. Whooooo! thought maybe that was the night we slept on your porch:eek:

27. 1952henry

1952henry

My recently ex POS neighbor had three POS teen kids. They liked banging on their skateboards late into the night, or just on whatever could make noise, which kept our daughter awake. A couple of summers ago, they thought it would be fun to ride their dirt bikes around the cul-de-sac. There was broken cell phones, broken toys, litter scattered about. The morons would bounce balls off their mother's cars and throw them around the neighborhood. I chased them off my driveway, as well as an elderly neighbor's because we didn't want a riderless skateboard or bike hitting our vehicles. That nasty uterus-bearing bat (ask me how I really feel) had no desire to stop this. Then the genius mother decides her no account pot-smoking punk oldest son (19) could have his drums, as well as all his ass-hat friends' musical instruments in their garage. I'd come home from work, stop at my box a 1/10 of a mile away, and could hear that racket as if it were next to me. I would go into the house and my wife would be at her wit's end. We would have to turn up the TV or radio to hear it. The mother sow next door would come home, the music would continue unabated. Half the time the garage door was wide open.

Long story short, a quick look at the noise ordinance gave me some ammo. A copy, as well as an outline from my conversation with DPS place on her Humdah pickup put an end to it immediately. Turns out that kind of crap is forbidden 24 hours a day.

To me, if you have NO consideration for neighbors and they turn on you, cry in your beer quietly. Neighbors' "rights" end at the property line, certainly at the wall, especially during evening/nighttime.

28. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

Had a guy buy a piece of property here by me, little man complex, he was a retired inspector of some sort for some city in So Cal, knew everything, we were ok for awhile, then he put up a chain link fence, great know I don't have to look at him, then he puts a gate up on my right of way outside of his chain link fence, I open the gate he closes it, I'd open it at 9 at night,7 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon just to agravate him, then when the wind blew I'd farm the other neighbors place just to blow dust all over this clown, finally takes me to court, I had to explain to the judge how right of ways worked, he ruled in my favor the little man blew a cork yells it cost him 10 large and then he loses, I politly tell him if he had left the gate alone this would not have happened, 6 months later he moved back to town, everybody there hates him and where he came from people hated him, some folk just can't mind there own business. Life is good.

29. nope, changed my avitar....It was a 1945 White model 666 6x6 military truck. I can't get a photo to upload for some reason.

30. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

That's why I live in the country. When I was first married, I had a '71 Opel GT project. I kept it under a car cover. On heavy storm later, the cover got torn, exposing the well-expired tag. The city came by and told me I had 7 days before they towed it. I put it in the garage. I got a note a few days later that said the city was going to take it anyway. I don't see how they find the justification for that, but I ended up selling it. A few years later, we had a neighbor that would bang on her window everytime she heard a dog bark. It made my dogs crazy. She called the cops every couple of days. I beat her in court, but she still made my life miserable. I called the cops on her over thanksgiving when here parents car was blocking the sidwalk (she had done the same to me a few weeks earlier, cause my rear bumper was about an inch over the sidewalk, I got a ticket), the cops came out, told them to move it. They didn't. I called again, they got a $50 ticket. Then her dad came out and was yelling and cussing in my driveway, a 68-yr old man challenging a 30-year old to a fight. Absolutley ridiculous. I told him to take his old ass home before he gets hurt. We called the cops and he left. A few months later we bought a much larger house out in the cointry. No cops, no crappy neighbors, and plenty of room for new projects. I have been up to 24 cars here, but I am currently down to 13, all in very close to running condition...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.