Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why would someone let this rust away?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50 weight, Jan 20, 2011.

1. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

A simple answer to the Op's question.Because he wants to.
    If it was a rusty pipe organ of some signifigance no-one would care so if he doesn't understand what he has then it means nothing to him.
    Instead of whining go round with a few beers and have a proper chat with him.

2. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

One thing about it......HE MAKES ME LOOK REALLY SMART.
    dumbass.

3. RichG

RichG

Walk away and forget about it. All you're doing is stressing yourself over something that you have no control over and feeding his ego at the same time.

Ask, if they say no and you really tried, maybe give them a card with your name and number on it, then maybe check back every once in a GREAT while.

Obsessing over someone else's stuff is unhealthy, and all it's gonna do is drag you down.

4. Tin Can

Tin Can

I was kidding anyway guys. It seems like your neigbor is taunting you with it just because he knows you want it. Did he give you a reason he didnt want to sell it, sentimintal value, it was my grandfathers, build it someday. That may give an idea of what you have to shop up wiht cash to get it from him

5. racer756

racer756

This really speaks volumes.

Offer to be a good neighbor/friend and get the car OFF the ground with a couple of 4 X 4's, rinse the dirt and mud off for him, and tell him whenever he's ready, you will be too.

it really is unhealthy to obsess over others stuff.

Good luck.

6. ^agreed. Offer to help preserve its present condition if nothing else.

7. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

[​IMG]
    nice roof seal :rolleyes: patina at work

8. Too bad it's just sitting there, maybe like others said, just try to get to know dude and find out why. Maybe there is a good story behind it that you could later share with us Hamb'ers.

9. That's life , the beer is cold and people are crazy!

10. threeston

threeston

just throw some "salt" down, or sulfuric acid. yea its spiteful, but at least it will hurry up the process he is already doing, which is wasting a good chunk of steel.

for you guys willing to spend $5k for that (or above), maybe thats why guys like this hold on to this stuff till it dies an ugly death. they think they are sitting on a big hunk of cheese.

Its just steel, henry didn't imbue it with any magical properties, or anything. Its just steel. Iron FE one of the most common elements in the universe.

attachment leads to suffering as they say.

11. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Don't give a fuck what he does or doesn't do with it. But if ever want him or you, to have something, tell your neighbor to shut up, get some buddies, lift it up, put some pallets under it, and buy a good tarp for it! That might even get ya in the door someday! If not, you have at least help to save it!

12. Yep I agree, offer him a decent high fair price,you might get it.(if you are able) I'm lucky enough to have a stable of nice shit, i paid good money for it , but at least I have what I want! Dont get me wrong, Im nowhere near wealthy, I just work hard between 2 jobs to feed my habit!

13. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

guys the original poster has 6 posts , and hasnt said another word after starting this thread.

i think hes just stirring the drama pot.....

14. I agree 100%. Way to many " Look what I found and can't buy " threads. Send an unsigned check made out to his wife along with a note saying that when you are ready to sell you'll come over and sign the check. If you don't want to do something about it let it go.

15. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

that happens because the owner ate to much of that funky paste and sniffed all the marksalots markers in art class when they were in kindergarten

16. ironpile

ironpile

A fellow in town wouldn`t sell a model A,said I`m gonna put a Corvette engine in it. After he passed his family sold it at auction.At least it was under a roof all the time.Somebody got a good deal.

17. jick

jick
    from london

i presumed we all did that....isnt that why we all ended up here?

18. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

32 ford tanker not 50 yards from the open door of a large building outside for at least 25 years.

19. poprivit

poprivit
    from Hagerstown

Anyone who would do this has got to be "POSTAL".

20. 61 chevy

61 chevy

i wish a tree would fall on it and flaten it out, thats what he deserve, just jokeing

21. Mac_55

Mac_55

id say the best advice givin here is to offer to buy him a fiberglass body or wait until his wife is around him and flop the hundred dollar bills out.

22. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

yeah show up with cash in hand it changes peoples mind real fast

23. Wolfman1

Wolfman1

Why don't you follow him sometime and see where he's getting them

24. rick finch

rick finch

I'll second that....I'm calling bull shit.;)

25. hellboy333

hellboy333
    from Amarillo

Man i see that alot around here. Thats how i found my truck. Its even worse out in the country where there are many oldies riddled with bullets.:mad:

26. Nortin

Nortin
    from Canada

Once upon a time I had an old car that had a lot of appeal to the young car guys( of which I was one at the time) I couldnt afford to spend an extra CENT on any old car and I had no garage and no money for a garage. It had to sit in my yard (cement driveway, tires kept inflated,well undercoated previously) My door was constantly knocked on with the question,,"ya wanna sell it?",,,weekends especially!!,,I'd say no its not for sale and invariably I'd get a look thrown that said I was a miserable shit or retarded. THAT PISSED ME OFF!. I even had to place signs on that car SAYING not for sale,,,and I STILL got calls and interruptions at the door. After a while I got the feeling like " I wouldnt sell that car to you no matter what you offered because im sick of you coming back here every few weeks!" No I didn't sell it. When things finally turned around I built my garage then I built my car,,put it on the street and ran it at the strip. LOVED it! After a lot more years I sold some of it , kept some of it, still have some of it. Now I have two of that same kind of old car. Now guys come to my door saying" I remember that car when it sat in your yard when I was just a kid!,, you ever gonna sell it? I just smile and say"Is that right? , no not for sale today"

27. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I've got the same problem...just two blocks away an old goat won't even talk to me about buying these...just rotting away...soooo sad....

[​IMG]

28. LOL You're a sick little monkey, Mazooma1...

29. 19-c

19-c

32's make nice flower planters

30. Freeland

Freeland

Ive just added to my tool bag... THANKS!