Register now to get rid of these ads!

My '54

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trencher, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Trencher

Trencher

I know it ain't much yet, but finally got a pic of it on the computer..lol bought it in Iowa from the second owner who bought it from the first (duh) Apparently a guy bought this for his parents when he returned from Korea. They drove the car some and when they died, he kept it around. He is now 80 or so years old and still alive and sold it to the guy I got it from...he drove it some for 2 years or so and decided to sell it....
    I got the original bill of sale and a clean and clear current title with the car...everything works, everything is intact, 6cyl 3spd car still is 6 volt...here's the kicker...73,000 original miles! Bought it for less than $3,000 and the guy said don't bring the trailer, just drive it home! I wasn't gonna risk it since I went by myself, but have put probably 2,000 troublefree miles on it as is since august or sept...

[​IMG]

2. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

3. robleticia

robleticia

4. 54_BelAir

54_BelAir

What are your plans for it?

5. rafael

rafael
    from Moody AFB

Nice, I love cars with good stories attached to them.

6. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Man... What a great find!!!!!! Looks like a solid car for sure.

7. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Damn-how'd we let THAT one out of Iowa!
    Good luck and have fun dude!

8. grease and ink garage

grease and ink garage

9. orange52

orange52

And its a 150 too! Funny thing is, I'm in Iowa and went to Southern Missouri to get mine. There's some sort of Not seeing the forest for the tree's analogy here, I'm sure of it! :)

10. Great find! Looks like a very solid original car to start with (or drive like it is). I do, however agree with the first couple posts...54's look good low.

11. Trencher

Trencher

oh yeah, it'll lay flat...I'm rounding up parts right now, selling the visor, and driving it (weather permitting) trust me, it probably won't ever see rain again lol...plans are to use s-10 front suspension, mustang rack, not sure which axle I'll come across yet, but want to do a truck arm rear....I know, I know...cookie cutter, but the pieces work and are cheap...plenty of attention to detail underneath with painted underneath....will be chopping it, have a super straight body and single color paint...I have an aluminum injected motor and OD for it cuz I plan on driving it a lot!! I want to do a nice headlight taillight treatment like '55 headlights but not sure on the tails...I love the look of the Lee lenses, but they have been done a lot...but this car is for me so I have no deadline and the main thing is to keep it tasteful...want it to be a timeless car...I can't wait to start on it, but customer cars and finishing the house come first right now, which is why I'm just driving it and having fun right now.......as much as I can with a straight 6 anyway...lol

12. Trencher

Trencher

I scoured craigslist for about 2 states away in every direction for about 3 weeks when this one popped up...I looked at several $800 rotted bodies knowing it would be a cut up custom when finished...but just kept telling myself...ok, what will $500 more get me, til I got to this one and blew the whole parts fund, too, but got a lot better car to start with...never thought I'd find a driveable builder for that money and didn't want to takeover an already started project...there was one on CL recently that was already chopped nicely and had a mustang II for $2500

13. Tin Can

Tin Can

Nice score, It looks like a really solid find

14. Convert54

Convert54
    from Oklahoma

aLWAYS GLAD TO SEE AT 54 COME ALIVE AGIAN...AND THE 150..........Yes
    YOur lucky it being a 150 as there are no side trim holes to leak water in.
    From looking at the pic your quarters look great

15. Gabriel Howard

Gabriel Howard
    from OKC
    1. Okie Hambers

looks like a good find

16. Trencher

Trencher

never thought about that...I was kinda hopin to find a Bel Air, but I guess not now..lol...the other 1/4 has a pretty good dent that needs pushed and picked and filed, but overall, it's a real solid car...under the trunk floor mat, the paint is still shiny and it has the spare tire still held in with the original clamps and has the bumper jack, too...it's unreal!! It was crazy when I trailered it home...everybody was thumbs up on the highway!! especially the old women...my buddy says it's cuz it brought back memories of getting raped in one when they were young n wild....I scoured the interior when I got it home, but found no bras or panties...ha ha

17. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Do a search ,

you will find 100 other people have already axed (asked) that question...

and you will find that you'll get the same answers over and over...

Good luck with whatever YOU choose!

18. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Youll b glad you didnt get a Bel-air if your not runnin trim...trust me, forever and a day of cutting out sheet metal peices to fit every dif size hole and then tigging them in!

19. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

Hey Trencher, any updates on your '54? If you want to hit up some cruise nights or throw some wrenches next spring let me know. I've got some minor things to tidy up on my '47 and I'll be out there once the salt's washed off. Cheers!