Register now to get rid of these ads!

matco made in china

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Local104, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Local104

Local104
    from norte ca

bought a grease gun at a garage sale with matco on the box, brought it home to grease the car up and noticed in the back of the box it said made in china i thuoght that matco was usa made equipment, did they sell out to china like vise grip did :eek:

Attached Files:

2. Damn near every thing is made there
    The economic advantages of child and prison labor are enormous.

God help you if China gets mad and you need a bolt.

3. Snap-on is the same way, I have had the same shock.

4. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

I thought Matco was made by Danaher.

Which means it's made wherever it's cheapest and backed with a good warranty.

Shawn

5. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Like it or not, more and more products are going to be made in China. Some of the stuff is high quality if it is backed by a reputable company. The cost of manufacturing in the USA is getting expensive.

6. It's not just labor costs, its also government regulation. How many companies have left CA because of the high cost of doing business here?

Gasser 57 likes this.
  7. Chinese stuff is usually pretty good as opposed to the early japanese or taiwanise stuff which was junk.I think these days the chinese are smart enough to use western technology .

8. Chopperrides

Chopperrides

When will Americans get it? When you buy something make sure it is made here! Why do you think unemployment is so high? People without jobs can't make house payments. Maybe that's why foreclosures are so high? How do we get that money back we send to China, and Honduras, and Mexico, and Madagascar, and,and, and? Simple answer is that we don't

9. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

What about tools that only say, "Designed and Engineered in USA", ? Where do you think they're made. This will never end but I will say the quality is improving.

10. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

How the hell are we suppose to buy "Made in the USA" when almost everything is made in China. What we need to do as a nation is stop outsourcing and start insourcing and the only one that can make that happen is our "Wonderful" Government. No it's not the people, it's the politicians who need to "get it!"

11. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

The really fun part is to still pay "snap-on" prices for made in china........ 98 bucks for a ratchet..... come on. I am a professional mechanic and I have used em all. But my 13 dollar craftsman ratchets hold up just the same.

12. Chopperrides

Chopperrides

How the hell are we suppose to buy "Made in the USA" when almost everything is made in China. What we need to do as a nation is stop outsourcing and start insourcing and the only one that can make that happen is our "Wonderful" Government. No it's not the people, it's the politicians who need to "get it!"

I believe it is your choice to buy made in ( insert any other country here) It is supply and demand. If we do not buy it they go broke. What we are doing right now is not buying American made and we are going broke. It is harder to find and that will only get worse if we allow it. The government does not care, they don't even tax Chinese imports! Blame everyone else or do something about it. I chose to do what I can.

13. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Manufacturing will return when unemployment reaches a point where the American worker who has been unemployed for so long needs jobs so badly that manufacturers can produce products in the USA again....

We need another industrial revolution here ........

Sadly.....It will never happen again in America..

14. SUCIO

SUCIO

Unfortunately no one in the U.S. wants to work for cheap. Everyone wants top dollar for their labor or skill. Its a chain reaction.

15. badnews 31

badnews 31

hey slamit here in australia a 3/8 drive f80 snap on ratchet starts at about $138 plus 10% tax:(:(

16. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

This is point I am driving at and it's not just about tools or car parts. Nearly everything we buy is outsourced. Tell me who sells a brand new "made in the USA" T.V. or Cell phone or the computer that we are using? China has us by the balls.

17. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

I don't think people who can barely put a roof over their heads want to work for any less than they're already getting.

You can't afford to work for nothing.

18. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Let us know when you are willing to work for less than $1/hr so the rest of us fools will know when to start too.

19. What's funny is the retail prices for better quality Chinese and U.S. are almost the same.

20. '46SuperDeluxe

'46SuperDeluxe
    from Clovis, CA

Back when Great Britain lead the world in the industrial revolution, textile workers were being put out of work by mechanical looms. They were called "Luddites" and their solution was to vandalize and break up the looms so that they would have to be hired back. It didn't work of course. Buying US made is rapidly disappearing. Things have accelerated just in the last two years as well. It's not gonna come back guys. The thing about the Chinese is not necessarily because of cheap labor, they do have that, but they have the latest robotic production techniques and machines. So some of those jobs didn't just go overseas...,they just disappeared. I'm as sick as the next guy, of chinese stainless steel kitchen cutlery that rusts(cephalon), but i'm not paying $136. for German stuff. How is it that the Germans and Japanese still export but have comparatively high wages? The only thing that the US produces is Dollars.

21. AssGasket

AssGasket

Buy used vintage stuff... Then,, nobody makes anything but the guy selling quality used stuff for low prices.... If all goes well,, you get it on the cheap and tax-free, so the fucked-up fat cats don't get a cut at all.... Cut all assholes out of the chain of profit.....

22. Greezeball

Greezeball

I've got a drawer full of cheap shit Chinese kitchen knives. However a couple of weeks ago I was attempting to slice a roast beef and after hacking away and making a mess I basically flipped a biscuit and went down to a local kitchen boutique and asked for their best set of knives they had in stock. German and cost $750 for 4 knives but damn are they nice to use and now I could slice a roast beef as thin as silk if I wanted to. My point is that over the years I've probably spent double that on the cheap stuff and had I bought these 10 years ago I would have paid quite a bit less.

23. chryco

chryco
    from Winnipeg

OK , Now fess up . How many are driving a car not made in North America ??????

24. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

You got that right---it helps to know what to do with the wrench.

25. skwurl

skwurl

Snap on is made here. we have a plant near me.

26. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

about 99% of matco tools are taiwan or china,been that way for a while

27. Deuces

Deuces

Mine was built in Flatrock, Michigan by a bunch of good hard working UAW members.... :)

28. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

The big 3 (Mac, Snap On, Matco) all make their main hardline here in America. All 3 have a lower end hardline like Blue Point and Mac Edge that is made overseas. Peripherals are made for, not by all 3 and come from various vendors such as Channel Lock or KD. This may not be the case for much longer though. Before I left Mac 4mo ago I was starting to see specialty wrenches that used to be made here come in bags that said Made in China.

29. Deuces

Deuces

I bought a click type 1/2 drive torque wrench from Snap-On some years back for 110 bucks brand new... So what are they going for these days???

30. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Like I said, it's gone ....so don't complain when you see an American name on a tool etc....just know that production has gone to China, India and Viet Nam...etc....outsourced is outsourced...

The transfer of farming to industrialized societies has been occurring in these countries overseas for 20 to 30 years +

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.