Register now to get rid of these ads!

crotchedy old neighbor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1ton, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landseer

Landseer
    from VA

I wasn't sure what my neigbor was thinking about my cars and noise. Thought it was going to be a big problem. He wouldn't wave or speak, aloof.

One day I heard crazy sounds outside. It was him. He bought his own firetruck! Then another for parts. I can live with that.

2. silent rick

silent rick

have you lived in chicago very long? just buy off the county inspector. it's what they do there. problem solved.

3. There are two types of neighborhoods when you bring a piece of junk home. One neighborhood everybody is mad and the other neighborhood everybody is jealous. I live in the latter of the two.

When the county comes buy my place I tell them some peoples wealth is hard to hide.

I would rather see a bunch of junked cars instead of a three story house. I call those big fancy houses "architecture in your face". I look at some of the house around here and think they are totally insane. I think some of it is ego problems.

4. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

i'm in a lake community in a large 69 sq mile town, we have a town code officer who rides with the security manager of the so called country club. looking for problems. tryed to get me for my "cover it garage" being used as a boat cover, as being a unpermited shed. i let it go to court, just went with photos of the metal frameing being held off the ground by the boats trailer. i mean i used 2 inch black iron pipe, supported by the trailer that held up the cover it frameing, judge said it was a boat cover . just as if it was shrink wraped. since the photos were dated and showed it going up and assembled in late nov. when the boat came home and coming down in march when the boat went back to the lake for the summer.

car wise they are just as bad. it better be taged , have valid insurance and be moved a few times a year.

5. octobeak

octobeak

I had to park my truck in the garage because the city compliance officer deemed no fenders and no hood not fit for public display(the code also stated bumpers!).. I asked him if he's ever seen a hotrod

6. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

When I lived in Detroit the old lady across the street would call the cops on me once a month for what-ever. Got home from work one summer day and a few minutes later could hear sirens getting closer & closer to my house. I knew what was up so I went out on the porch and waited for them. All 6 cop cars. After I talked to them they told me someone called in "officer down" at my house. I saw one cop I recognized talking to a "very big" one, pointing to me then pointing to the house across the street. He walked up to her house and just about beat the door down with one of those flashlites. Last I saw of her she was handcuffed in the back of a cop car driving away.

7. Some times a good ass whoopin' is the only answer!

8. DougHH

DougHH

I would just make that blokes life so uncomfortable he wouldnt event look you in the eye no more.
    Just treat this person with such disdain and make sure you speak in loud enough tones around the yard so he can hear every word when people are over aswell.
    just make his life increasingly uncomfortable untill he shuts his head and minds his business.

9. 1ton

1ton

I've got it! After a chance to sleep on it , I've decided to become a sculptor. I've got enough questionable car parts laying around that should probably taken to the scrap yard. I'm going to tack something together, pour a small concrete pad, and place it in obvious view of the neighbors house. I will now consider myself an artist and my future garage will be my studio. And every passerby will know that an old car buff lives here.

10. The bamboo idea is a great one, throw in some ivy vines while you're at it. I have some vines on my property, close to the kudzu vine and almost impossible to eradicate.

Bob

11. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

I don't understand why neighbors would call the county without talking to you first. I would hate to have neighbors like that.

12. How about these ideas!

13. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

i dont understand why people are so spineless, if your neighbor has something in their yard you dont like the proper thing to do is to let them know and try to work something out. i had my 61 lincoln stored at my buddies house who has a bunch of cars, new neighbor moved in, didnt like it, called the city and said he was running a chop shop. ended up selling the car cuz i didnt have anywhere else to store it, i still miss that car.

14. whistlebritches

whistlebritches
    from texas

i got one too....right next door....after my son whooped his daughters boyfriend and all his friends in the front yard, things got tense....he had a pool company dump 4 loads of dirt right next to my fence....so i had a huge rock wall built...and i had the stonemasons spell out F U C K U in rock, facing his house....i was the hero of the neighborhood...the mayor is my friend and neighbor as well, he asked me to cover it....so i painted the rock letters hot pink....then was asked to cover or mask the offensive words....so i painted the whole damn wall on his side hot pink....he's since moved and i had the paint blown off, then had the rock work words chipped down and overlayed....i loved every minute of it

15. If you ever get a chance to go to Upper Montclair, NJ there is a neighborhood of posh houses, nothing less than $800K by my estimate. These two "professional" neighbors had a falling out over something and one of them built this juge rambling "spite deck" in front of his house. Completely hideous and out of decor for the 'hood, but perfectly up to code.

One other guy I knew, I used to hang out with his daughter in college. They lived in a nice area on the Island and had a feud going with the next door neighbor. So he paints the side of his garage that faced the neighbor day-glo pink, orange, etc. It looked pretty dreck.

Bob

16. brewsir

brewsir

I had one asswipe neighbor..guy called code enforcement on me for fixing up the house with no permits ...when the inspector came by he said all the work I was doing didn't require permits anyway and signed off on the charges. I turned the house into a rental and made sure they had plenty of loud obnoxious kids. sold the house before the crash for twice what he had offered me for it so I feel better!

17. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

The rooster idea is a good one, a friend had chickens for years and a NEW neighbor moved in. They complained constantly,he went to his old family doctor and said he needed the chickens as Companion animals just like a dog or cat.The city council approved under advice from the county attorney saying it couldn't be denied.He then purchased a dozen big Roosters that crowed for hrs. on end. After a week or so the new neighbor came over and apologized and they Grilled the roosters and had a neighborhood picnic. Everything has been fine since.

18. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

We had 1 old biddy on the far side of the subdivision that thought it was her job to make sure EVERYTHING was up to her standards. She called the Code Officer for garbage cans left out, too many cars in the driveway, grass not cut, etc. She made my life & the Twp Supervisor's life tough (he had more cars in his driveway than me) that it finally ended up in court.

Before court, when I was sitting with the city prosecutor, I told him & the 2 cops with him that "those two talked to each other more than me & my new bride, do you think he's banging her? I think that he's trying to at least."

After many snickers from the cops, I paid the $120 court fee, & let the rumor mill do its work. Worth every penny, the problems soon stopped.

19. InPrimer

InPrimer

As mentioned, I'm not trying to disagree about your neighbor but google your street adress and you will find that a lot of municipalities are doing it to "keep an eye for violations" in other words they are invading your privacy.

20. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

I had a neighbor report my truck sitting beside my driveway. Im a nice guy and I dont want to block the street with my hotrod so I park it beside my driveway. The nice police officer that showed up said I needed to park it on the driveway or the street. I brought every legal car I own and a few friends cars home and parked them all in the street. I have eight legal cars. I plugged up the whole neighborhood for the whole weekend. There was nothing the city could do. They sent the same officer out to check all my cars. The officer thought it was funny that he told me who had reported me. I had a chat with my neighbor and told him if he didnt want me to bring all my toys home every weekend he should keep his mouth shut and mind his own business.

21. GTSDave

GTSDave

I got a letter from the HOA the second day I was in our house. After that I got them at least once a month. Like grass in the cracks of the sidewalk, mailbox needed to be painted, edge the driveway ect.... All minor stuff but a PIA.

Then is hit me, the only time I got a letter was when I was flying my flag. I had called in the past, but the last letter I got finally tipped me over the edge. I called while I was still pissed and kept them on the phone for nearly 45 min. I explained about all the letters I had gotten and that I had talked to each of my neighbors the same day to see if any of them had gotten letters and they had not.

Then I called her on the carpet and told her that the only time I get a letter is when I am flying old glory. They always wrote it for something trivial, not the flag, because it was within regulations.

I then explained to her that I am a disabled 3 generation vet and was going to continue flying my flag no matter who it pissed off. That I suspected the contractor they hired must hate America and I was going to watch for them to get pictures of that person in case I ever needed it in court. They were harassing me and I wasn't going to put up with it. She suddenly became very apologetic, and promised to review their procedures. That was the last letter I ever received.

I live for the day when I can sell this house and move out of an area with no HOA or move back home to the farm where I can have some peace.

I feel for you. Hopefully you can figure out a way to get them to leave you alone. I like the camera idea. Wish I could find a setup I could afford that would allow me to dial in via the web and check out what is going on at the house.

-Dave

22. I don't have any problem with my neighbors most of the time. But I do walk in my sleep and there is a rumor that I was never right after my visit to Asia about 40 or so years ago.

Remember crazy isn't always a bad thing.

23. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Join a real nice biker gang.... i mean club.

24. Diavolo

Diavolo

My next door neighbor is the rumor mill. I tell her war stories and brag about my collection of guns with and without papers. I switch her furnace on and off to keep good relations with her. I also mention Gulf War syndrome a lot, my need to keep my anxiety in check and how disturbed I get when I hear noises in the day (I work nights).

My last conversation with my across the street neighbors "guests" with stainless steel hardware on my hip in the middle of the street put an end to the tension on my street. That was almost 5 years ago and not a peep from anyone in the neighborhood.

I get along great with the gossip lady and my other next door neighbor!

25. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Turns out, when someone pointed a finger at me, they had 3 more pointing back at them.

Nuff said.

26. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Was renting a house that had a vacant house next door. The owners had both passed on and the son was waiting for the inheretence to fix the place up.

first thing on the list was a garage. came home frome work to find teh big shade tree on that side of our lot was gone. It was 15 feet inside our property line and in no way effecting his planned garage.

Our house went from nice and cool to burning up. Landlords made some sort of agreement with him and that was that.

Winter comes along and after the first snowfall I come home to find his truck parked in front of my house. Went over and asked if he would move it, and he did, backed it up so that it was dead center of the yard.

The truck never moved again till springtime.

Now not only to the snowplows blade teh driveway shut, they have to plow around his truck leaving any parking spot near it a rutted mess. Keep in mind that we had a 2 year old toddler. Diaper bags, car seats, and a kid that has to be carried across this nightmare of slick and rutted crap.

Called the cops and they say that its tagged and insured and on a public street so they cant do anything.

Spring time comes and the truck is moved on, and shortly thereafter we found a house in small town to buy.

Clear teh house, settle up with landlord and get the hell out........ Oh but the story isnt quite finished.

I have a buddy that works for the power company and he got a bit of the weed killer that they use inside the fenced in areas, you know, the stuff they cant make anymore because it kills everything green for 10 years or so.

I "allegedly" wrote fuck you in big letters in his front yard. I tinted it blue so I could see what I had already written. He thought it was spray paint and laughed it off, mowed his yard and that was that.

Went by a few weeks later and guess what.... He was out front with a tiller turning his yard upside down. Go by a year or so later,,,,, it said FUCK YOU only the letters were a bit bigger and not so well defined.

Dunno if its ok now havent been by there in years.

27. 68Caddy

68Caddy

I have good neighbors for the most part. I would suggest going next door and having a calm respectful discuddion w the guy. And tell him to get a life. Or call the county /police and have your wife or girl friend say the dude is a peeping tom.

28. A co-worker has a long running feud with his neighbor, so he puts Round-up in water and freezes it into cubes. On his early morning dog walks,he tosses a few on his neighbors putting green lawn.... when his neighbor has people over, he starts up the 2-stroke Lawnboy with a tad rich mix and parks it by the fence! I repair peoples stuff for free so I have blood on their hands so to speak. I don`t want any long running battles...takes too much energy!

29. 1ton

1ton

I am building a large garage this spring and you can be certain that the placement of the building is such that the neighbor will be looking at a vast windowless wall for the rest of days as my neighbor. I love the roundup ice cube trick, that's perfect. He'll think it's grubs.

30. hotrodarchaeologist

hotrodarchaeologist
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Maine

I made it perfectly clear to all of my immediate neighbors that if there were any complaints made about my vehicles, or parts, I would put up a fence. A chain link fence, that I would procede to fill up with pet chickens, goats, pigs and guinnea hens....no problems so far...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.