Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Green Hornet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GrizzGang, Jan 13, 2011.

1. terryr

terryr
    from earth

I saw the special effects guy somewhere on TV [powerblock?] and he said 29 built and mostly destroyed.

And the movie looks like crap to me.

2. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

[​IMG]look it's a BBC HA HAHAHA... now thats priceless

3. Original wheels are Appliance "Apache"

4. btbowtie

btbowtie
    from KY

Went saw the movie last night! Thought is was great.:cool: 3D was cool.

How about Kato carrying those Summit boxes around.

If I might say advertising genius! :D

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks pretty wild.

6. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

The movie was funny, my 11-year old son loved it more than star wars.

"I'd watch the shit out of it"

7. DamnYankeesKustoms

DamnYankeesKustoms

not sure if it was mentioned allready but 60 of those 300's were destroyed for this movie, plus the ones mythbusters destroyed for their show, kinda makes me mad.....

8. They had one of the movie cars sitting in San Diego last summer for Comic Con. I think the car was there for almost two weeks. I never took a picture of the car but it was pretty cool looking with the machine guns sticking out of the fenders. The four girls in bikinis didn't hurt the over all presentation either.

9. John Lafayette

John Lafayette

I hate movies that destroy cool old stuff. Maybe an Imperial isn't ideal hot rod stuff but its better than most of the junk driving around the streets of america now! It seems like every movie or TV show has to trash something that is old, american and cool.

10. Oldhemi392

Oldhemi392

Check out the movie Dilemma.. They destroy an early Challenger.

11. Intro please...

12. T Fritz

T Fritz

What about the original radio show? Now that is real entertainment! And no cars damaged.

13. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

I'm a fan of the original TV show, but know why it didn't succeed. It's TOO serious.
    It's studio partner was Batman (hence the crossover episodes!) but THAT was VERY campy!
    Audiences expected the same comedic tone from Green Hornet.
    To some degree, making a comedic version of it does make sense, but I for one
    will NOT pay money to see it. It's an abortion, and an insult to the original.
    Just my opinion.

14. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

15. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

saw it tonight,,,was pretty good..i hate to say it but the wheels looked pretty good...the tires werent too low profile....

16. Well, if you do a search for Hollywood Mag Wheel you should find the thread from 2007 about the single I found in a junkyard that they told me was the style used on the original Black Beauty. Figured I'd never find the rest, so I sold it on eBay... to me it looked like an American 5-spoke clone with extra fins added to it so it wasn't an exact duplicate.

Mythbusters wrecked at least two, disproving some of the movie stunts, although the elevator thing you could clearly see the car had been trimmed to make it do what they wanted. They used late model FWD clunkers to test if a car could be driven when it's cut in half, and I was thinking "haven't any of these people seen a demolition derby?" - one year the state championship here came down to two 99-00 Chevy Malibus that were both smashed in the back clear up into the back seats, and they were going around dragging the ass end in the mud with the wheels both jammed stuck and pushed up off the ground.

For me if you have to tear up one of these Imperials, at least use it as a demo car. I saw one guy who'd actually welded a top onto a convertible so he could run it and have the advantage of an even heavier frame.

On the bright side, maybe this movie will do for these Imperials what Christine did for '57-'58 Plymouth Furys. The movie car does look pretty sweet -

By the way, while O/T I begin to wonder what Will Ferrell's problem is with 69-70 Chevelles, seems like every movie he makes they have to f up at least one.

17. RichG

RichG

Went and saw the movie friday with my wife, I thought it was great, way better than I had anticipated. I liked the salute they gave Bruce Lee too, as they flip through Kato's sketchbook there's a page with a bunch of drawings of him on it.

I find it funny that people are complaining about cars being destroyed to make a movie, especially when that car was a four door luxury barge... there were a little over 18,000 of them built in '65 alone, so I'm sure there's a couple survivors out there a fellow could pick up if he was so inclined.

18. Well there is a guy on here that owns a REAL Black Beauty..............V194,he knows EVERYTHING about the BB.nice guy to boot

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  19. yeah well the early movie serial used a zepher,and for those that watch the movie you will see them pay tribute to all the GH stuff before them,the car that rotates in the show to hide the black beauty is a zepher

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  20. Deuces

Deuces

I think it was first aired on WXYZ here in Motown.....

21. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Some of the cars had small blocks in them as we did the carburetors for both the BBC and them.

22. I thought Imperials were pretty much universally banned from Demo Derby competition.

23. I drove a '66 Imperial Crown Coupe,for my first car! Very heavy and industructable car.....
    It needed a new trans and my dad wouldn't pay the $250,cause he only paid $400 for the car! So it went to the junkyard....I wanted to keep it,JUST because it was the same car as the Green Hornet.
    My son and I saw it Friday. I liked it! First we watched the marathon on the SiFi Channel,then went to see it. I couldn't believe the guy who played Kato wasn't a Martial Arts guy! He faked it REALLY good....There were many things taken from the TV show in it. The red Zephyr on the flip-table was bitchin! Also,you could just see the front of a Hotrod in the garage,but never got a good look at it.

24. I remember reading that in the rules every year when we went to the Thrill Show at the Astrodome as a kid. Now i feel guilty for contributing to demo derbys; the rules should state-"only Jap and/or front wheel drive cars."

25. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

My buddy painted that car for the movie. You will see it in the movie promo, props etc. it's pretty coll. Interesteing front end.

BC

26. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

My parents used to see the orginal serial in the theaters back in the 40s. I used to watch the t.v. show and collect the comic books and for years I was hoping someone would bring back the Green Hornet and now it's here. It may not win the Oscar for Best Picture but it's a fun movie. Very enjoyable. It took away the pain of having to pay the matinee price of $9.75 plus $4.00 for 3-D plus $18.75 for soda and popcorn.
    Great movie and I liked the reference to Bruce Lee with the drawings and the one inch punch. I really hope they make a 2nd movie. And to change the subject for a moment, I am looking forward to the Green Lantern movie. Also a favorite of mine.

27. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I just saw the Black Beauty from the T.V. show for sale on EBay: $89,995.00

28. frank spittle

frank spittle

It got a terrible review in our paper but it was #1 at the box office opening weekend. I guess H.A.M.B. members are better critics.

29. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

I saw it this evening and thought it was good.

30. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Same situation here but when has a critic ever made a movie? Alot of movies that are now classics got bad reviews when new. Like I mention previously, it's a fun movie and Nuts to the critics.