Register now to get rid of these ads!

Victoria Secret

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Royalshifter, Nov 20, 2010.

1. chillywilly

chillywilly

Okay, agreed that there is a higher cost involved for those motors. That's not all the motors there are available. I'm building a Y block for what seems like less than I would spend on a Chevy. Again, I love the car, but maybe the "big waste of time/ money" is where I deviate. If one is to go through so much time and money why stop short at the drivetrain? I think this is what I meant when I said that not using a SBC would push it way over the top. Meaning that it is already over the top but would seem so much further with a differtent motor choice. Also, please don't use such a literal translation of the term 'tragic' used in the first post by me.

Sorry again about all this Mr. Skipper.... not what I intended.

2. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ditto. But I'm serious. :)

Let's see . . . 90 million sbc's . . . need north of 240 hp . . . budget-minded . . . hmmm . . .

From where I sit, more horsepower is Square One.
    Skip already has the rest of the squares covered.

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Thanks guys for the defense....chillywilly we have talked on pm's I still love you man....This build will not be derailed by opinion I welcome them all. I can't please everyone...matter of fact it is also being built in theory with my partner (Ladyshifter) and that is the only one I need to please or I won't eat. Lot's of money went out today on ordering parts and it is now getting serious.

4. chillywilly

chillywilly

Oh man! I had that "lots of money going out" day last week... S E R I O U S. Looking forward to pics!

5. daddio211

daddio211

Holy crap, it looked serious all the way back on page one!!!!

6. I think most of us would say everything up to this point has been serious. I better stay close to the bathroom so I don't shit my pants when the next batch of pics come through...

And, just for the record, I really can't fault you for putting a Chevy in it...especially when considering any accessories like a/c and power steering.

Hell, half the people that will look under the hood don't I.D. things correctly anyway. Most people think the Caddy in my F-100 is a 440 Chrysler, and damn-near everyone that looked at the Y-block in Tim's FED thought it was a SBC...

If the bare metal pictures are a taste of things to come, no one will give 2 shits about what's under the hood, myself included:p

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I hear ya Skipper, that Color shifting chameleon paint you chose to go with is expensive. It's going to look killer though with those tribal flames though for sure.

8. Cshabang

Cshabang

TRIBAL FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!! SHAWEEEET! sorry Skip haha

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

New name......"Royal Donktoria"

10. See...I knew I was gonna shit my pants one way or another...

LMAO!!!!

11. Well Skipper, that build is just calling for the YBlock in McTims dragster maybe he will donate it? Then it would be the perfect custom/go machine.......
    course if you really want to go the SBC well what can I say, it does have those stupid valve cover things..........

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's Pimp.:D:D:D

So seriously what was the purchase? Tires? Chrome? Intake? Tweed interior?

13. Carl, the Y-Block in my FED stays where it is! LOL

So SBC it is, maybe I could bolt on a set of Y valve covers for ya. ;)

14. The only advice I could offer on your car, which I think we all can admit my advice is worth almost as much as a bucket of shit, is I would keep everything simple and understated. Let that car speak for itself. It don't need no PA system to get noticed. Everything needs to be for utilitarian purposes and not for the WOW factor. If you just finish the car the way you started the car, should be peachy keen.

15. Cshabang

Cshabang

JJ- it was obviously a LIFT KIT

COME ON SKIP..whatcha buy???

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I heard Underglow kit and a spoiler. Awe shit, there goes a perfectly good thread.:D:D

Every time I say something stupid I feel the need to add something beneficial to the thread. But I feel like I can't say much more about how rad the car looks and will be when it's finished. Like I said today Skipper, if you go with an early V8 (55-58) I have a set of polished Offy VC's (in between fins even) that I just got back that you're more then welcome to. Not saying that Ladyshifter isn't capable because Lord knows she can probably run circles around me in the garage but Are you thinking of keeping it simple with a single 4bbl for the engine? If so take a look at Mark Morton's '54 Merc and how clean the engien bay looks and how simple it is. I love oil bath air cleaners and this would be a perfect opportunity to use one. Ok that seems like enough worthless fluff to warrant more stupid replys from me:D.

17. Hey Royal Shifter /Skip , the Vic is coming along just great and there is few great Colour Combinations getting thrown around as well which all look great , good luck to you and Lady Shifter on the rest of the build. I can't wait to see the finished product and my 0.02 says the body , windows openings , SBC and fins look just as you want them , perfect in the builders eyes , standout .

cad

18. Muttley

Muttley

Down payment on the Liberace riding a polar bear mural. ;)

19. Just about spewed my breakfast on that one. :eek:

20. MATTILAS

MATTILAS

Damn skip do you ever stop?. Lord I've seen it all.

21. MATTILAS

MATTILAS

You're right! straight from hollywood

22. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Thanks Jerry. Lots of parts came in yesterday.

23. billys54

billys54

Very nice work

24. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

You go Girl!

25. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26. Andrew Severin

Andrew Severin
    from Fresno Ca

Way cool Mark & Kelly. I still can't believe it's the same car. You both are carring on my dads memory beyond words. Mark was not lying when he said there was not a dry in his shop when I saw the Victoria for the first time after the had been chopped. WOW!!! My dad would have been amazed as well. The car looks great already. I can't wait to see the finished product. The color schemes are amazing. Sure glad I don't have to pick the color.
    Dad always spoke highly of Mark & Kelly. So it's fitting they have the car now. Keep up the great work. Stay cool.:cool:

27. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB Andrew!! Grerat story, so cool to see your dad's dreams for the car fulfilled (sorry for your loss).

Hope I'm not o/t here, Skip.

28. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

It's about time Andrew......BrerHair you are not OT. I should have a small update after the weekend. On my way to Bakersfield to see Brandy and Zombie.

29. And that's what it's all about...welcome Andrew!

30. Mojo

Mojo

I am aboslutely in love with this car. I never cared much for victorias, but that chop is stunning. I think the two-tone green posted pages back would make it a true standout, without being over the top. The danube blue versions are amazing as well. You appear to have a great deal of vision for this car, so i'm sure that it will be a jaw dropper no matter how it's finished.