Register now to get rid of these ads!

Queensland Australia flood washing cars away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ZZ-IRON, Jan 11, 2011.

1. hopup289

hopup289

doc.
    jellicoe st,just bellow the main street
    all good here but walking distance to some real crazy shit.
    people had no clue,all too fast

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well if I thought for one second they would arrive there and still be edible I would send some in a heartbeat. I will bake you some fresh when I come to visit......soon:D

3. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Those are meant to be smilies but I guess they don't feel much like smiling right now either.

Doc.

4. 62rebel

62rebel

i know you're a stereotypically stoic and independent people but my heart goes out to you ALL down under. damn the cars, man. it's people that are hurting.

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are one LUCKY son of a bitch!!:eek:
    From what I'm told the rains last night will only, at most maintain current water levels and by tomorrow it will be well on its way back to normal for you guys. Having said that though things can change, I hope not.
    Stay safe mate.

Doc.

6. 63Compact

63Compact

Good luck to everyone up North

7. TomWar

TomWar

Is Canberra Flooded??

8. sololobo

sololobo

We are beaming down some healing vibes from Omaha, Ne. Be strong and this to shall pass soon we hope. Best wishes. ~sololobo~

9. Docco

Docco
    from Ippy

This is near my place. If anyone knows the Goodna Ipswich area they would know how deep this water actually is, well over the motorway and shops ruined.

Attached Files:

10. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

this is awful, i have been wondering about u mates as i have been watching what is going on downunder. i really feel for u what an awful loss.

11. Hey Doc,

What's the word down in Baxter? I got some close buds from there I ain't heard from in a bit.

Chop

12. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

God Bless everyone suffering from the floods. Been in touch with my mates, and they're all safe. Best of luck to everyone down there!
    And I won't mention The Ashes ................

13. I've just finished moving everything from downstairs, stacking all my tools, welder etc on workbenches. Sloper is on blocks and can't move, took the roadster to a mate's high and dry garage this morning.

The updated flood maps show the water coming up to our front yard at high tide this afternoon and at the high tide at 3 am it will be higher - possibly coming into the ground floor level. Fingers crossed.

This is a very hilly city so while a lot of it, especially along the wide winding river will be underwater, some folks will see nothing.

When we moved here 2 years ago it was the end of a ten year drought with grade 5 water restrictions (can't wash cars or water the garden etc). Now look at it!

I'm just glad I'm not a farmer!

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

G'day mate,
    I'm sorry but I have no info for you, I hope your mates are safe though. Hell I don't even know where Baxter is!! Have been searching the net as I'm out of the loop now and can't find a thing.

Doc.

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. Baxter is about 1000 or so miles south of Brisbane in Victoria.
    Right at the bottom of Australia.
    No floods there that I know of.:rolleyes:

17. Half way 'tween Injune & Mitchell as crow flies- Baxter Gully.

18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

AAAAAAAAAAAH! Just south of Frankston, no they are fine down there.

Doc.

19. Hope all of you stay safe!:)

20. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

I've been thru a major flood, and can attest to the deviststion it brings. My heart goes out to all you guys down there. Keep safe. Things can be replaced, people can not.

21. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

hey DOC,keep safe .wish the best for you all

22. 94hoghead

94hoghead

23. My town has a flood history for as long as its been standing, and ive been through three big ones.
    Its nothing compared to the scale of these floods and id like to say, i hope all hambers are safe and well.
    This is going to affect a lot of people, and i wish you all the best and hope it dosent get worse.
    Be safe people.

24. striper

striper

.....for now. Floods in Natimuk out near Horsham today with a bigger rain event with 100km winds predicted for Friday. Nowhere is safe...except W.A. They just have bushfires in the south and a cyclone warning in the north.

25. Hey guys, flooding in lowlands is one thing. FLASH FLOODING in mountains is another. Denise was here the night we lost a ton of shit in flash flooding. Stay safe and Get teh hell up HIGH! Serious, we are praying for you.

26. zep058

zep058

Floods in Queensland, fires in WA and locust plagues in Vic...sheesh...if I was a religious man I could be concerned of some kind of Armageddon.

Good luck fellas, hope the water keeps away from your doorsteps and projects.

27. Thoughts with folks in SW; also the good car folk of Chinchilla,
    Condamine, in fact all those way up North, way down south & out West.
    Heck this disaster covers a huge area.

28. truck

truck
    from Brisbane

Hey docco, is that where you used to come of the highway to go to the royal mail at goodna? if so Faaaaaark.
    i'm stuck in blackwater at work and the evacuated people from the end of my road last night, wife and kids not too happy but there is no way i can get back.

29. Deu55

Deu55

Im stuck at work can't get home but family is safe...Rod