Register now to get rid of these ads!

Air bags "generic/no brand"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Path Thirteen, Jan 11, 2011.

1. I was checking on ebay a 4 pack of Bags and i found this NO BRAND Bags

Im from argentina and i dont know about the quality of this bags, i want to bag my 51 Shoebox

One fact that got me hooked on this ones was that the shipping cost was CHEAP, about 60 USS (i know inst cheap, but to my country it is) and the other "good" brands are a lot expensive, i think becouse the "no brand" bags are lighter, but well... i really dont know.

If someone have experience on that kind of bags please tellme how that works!

Thank you

Heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...00549670759&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

2. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

email the guy and ask him the brand. They look like the air lift bags, but Air springs is not the place you want to cheap out on your ride.

3. junkcad

junkcad
    from nashville

check with Gambino kustoms or Kustombuilder, youll probably get a better deal from one of them

4. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

May just be me but I wouldn't depend on the "cheapest" bags to hold my car up. I would be asking which is the best or most reliable.....

5. I just asked the Seller he told me that are " GENERIC / NO BRAND " thats becouse im doing this post ! I dont want to go cheap, but other 4 PACKS of airlift/firestone/ETC want to charges me 130 USS of shipping cost !! thats insane !! IM NOT RICH ! :(

6. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

Yeah, Kustombuilder (Mike) has hooked me up on 3 different occasions. I wont buy stuff anymore unless from him.

7. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Talk to Gambino.....he won't screw you on shipping.....

8. The problem is not the price of the bags, i want to put the best/most reliable, there are 270 USS 4 PACKS of good ones, but the problem as i said is the shipping cost !

9. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

hmmmm, is your life and the lives of your loved ones worth more or less than 130 bucks?

10. NOPE, i dont care if i spend 500 USS bags, but i dont want to spend 130 USS in shipping when someone can ship it for 60, i asked what i asked in this post becouse i want to know why one shipping cost 130 and the other 60 maybe the "no brand" are made of shit and dont weight too much

Plus i have to pay in the customs of my country the 50% of the shipping and the bags cost, so i dont want to give my money for free paying a expensive (i dont know if the fee its fair or not)

Remember here in argentina a US DOLAR cost me 4 times I work all the month to earn about 750 US dollars, so i dont want to pay more for something that dont makes diference as a expensive shipping.

I hope im clear of what i mean !

11. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

So your willing to sell your life and those that ride with you for the shipping costs of a real name brand bag.

If you cant afford to get the proper bags and pay shipping, do without till you can.

Suspension, steering and brakes are not the place to play cheap ass.

I can provide you with contact info to a buddy of mine, he will tell you first hand what cheap shit airbags can do for you. It cost him his 17 year old son, and paralized his 15 year old daughter from the neck down.

he saved about 200 bucks on that generic airbag setup.

12. Man that sucks. Thats horrible and sad

I Can afford to buy the right ones and pay for the shipping, im only trying to save my money in the case i can by paying a fair shipping cost, thats all, im not saying that im gonna put the whorse shit in my car, i dont want that becouse i want the car to be safe and dependable.

I didnt knew about that generic air bags, so i did this post, to gather information from you guys that know about it.

Thank you !

13. MP4/8

MP4/8

They aren't generic no name bags, they are DeNominators from Aim. And Aim is the absolute worst company in the air bag industry. Something else to consider with those, is that when you have a problem with them ( Not if, but when... because you will) is also the shipping costs back to Aim for warranty. And then it's if they will warranty them. Shipping weight on 4 firestone 2500# bags is only about 25#. Maybe check usps.com to get an idea of what shipping costs are, then look for a shop that will work with you. I'd be glad to help you figure it out thru a PM if you need.

And a little help for you others shopping for bag parts on ebay... Aim is in Mesa, AZ. And they are known to go by many different names. If you see parts from Mesa, be careful. That company has had a bad rep in the minitruckin' community since the late 80's.

14. Julio

Julio
    from san diego

Pm me, If you find the nice ones you want and have them sent to me il send the package to you at cost to B.A. Y hablo español si es mas facil para comprender me. Im being serious not trying to rip you off. I live in San Diego. I can even get a shipping quote from my area to argentina.... HAMB help!

15. tcb-1

tcb-1

^^nice gesture, Julio!

and I will tell you the same as everyone. don't go cheap on bags. wouldn't buy shit from aim.....

16. Thanks People !!
    Im gonna keep you in mind for some purchases julio !!

Thanks to all guys !!

HAMB HELP RULES
    OVERSEAS HAMBERS !!

17. BlackMagicKustoms

BlackMagicKustoms
    from Denton,TX

Anytime you can fit a 2600 lb bag, do it. You will have to run a higher air pressure to achieve the same lift, cause the compressors to work longer and harder to replenish your air supply, and have a stiffer ride if you run a 2500lb bag. Simple physics apply to the surface area of the bag and the air volume in relation to ability to inflate to the desired ride height and overall quality of the ride. Don't skimp on shocks either. A quality air ride install can ride terribly with the wrong shock. Speed sensitive gas shocks make all the difference in handling when it comes to air ride. And buy something off the shelf so if you have to ever replace one you can get it quick. Air ride with out shocks is not a good experience, especially if it's just one corner. Don't rush into it to be in the NOW with your ride. Spend time to do the research and do it right once and you'll never regret it. I've heard hundreds of people say "I hate air ride" , or "it rides like crap". This usually stems from improper suspension geometry and poor product selection and the combination of products that don't work cohesively. Enjoy.

18. EchoOfGecko

EchoOfGecko

The thing to remember about ebay is that the shipping prices quoted aren't necessarily what it actually costs to ship something, so I don't think the difference in price is because one set weighs more than the other. It's more likely that one seller is just trying to make his bags look cheaper than they are so he boosts the shipping price.

19. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

i live in phx and have gone to aim numerous times to pick up parts, DO NOT EVER buy bags from them. when you go to the warehouse for will call parts sometimes you get a glimpse of the "warranty" pile, its downright scary to see the way that their structural parts fail. lowering blocks and some brackets is all you want to buy from them.

20. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

yeah, if he says he`ll ship for less than what a big company says they`ll ship them, i callbullshit, most reputable companies only charge exactly what its costs, hows he doin it for less, i call bullshit.......get good bags from a reputable company.......stay away from airbagit. com at all costs, probably them undercover....you`ll buy those and then call a few days later and ask why they haven`t shipped and get the response, cause you didn`t pay enough.......been throught it with them before i found out to stay away from them, and they`re stuff is junk!

21. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

^^ airbagit.com is aim, they have like 50 names they sell that crap thru

22. indyjps

indyjps

Ah shit, I read the title and thought you meant air crash bag. I thought WTF, were lucky if we can get by without a tetanus shot on the cars we work on.

Got it now

23. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

yeah, i figured that out as i was resaerching, ended up buying from a guy down the road from them in az, forget the name of his shop, but cool as hell, woked me throught the whole deal, didn`t even really bad mouth airagit, just said he fixes alot their stuff......

24. WOOOOOOW this post almost causes a RIOT !! hahaha

Thank you guys, Im in Argentina and i dont have experience in air suspension, plus i dont know about brands, or this guys that want to sell shit to kill you and your family.

Now i know who i must trust!

Well, in the future im gonna need more help when installing my air ride on the shoebox.

THANKS TO ALL !!

HAMBERS HELPING OVERSEAS HAMBERS !!!!! K@@L THANKS !!!!!!!!!

25. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

stick with slam specialties honestly...

26. Sebastian.A.G

Sebastian.A.G
    from argentina

hola, que haces path, te tiro una idea, yo vi unos airbags chicos puestos en un camioncito mercedez 710 que eran mas chicos que los de camion grande o colectivo, averigua, hace mucho consulte y estaban 150 pesos masa menos sin las tapas. calculo se pueden hacer estas en el torno.

saludos

27. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Bingo. Mike will deal straight with you, get you the good stuff for a good price and help you sort it all out. PM Kustombuilder and get him to quote you some prices. Personally I'd just order the whole shebang from him.

28. Firestone Air Bags
    I have them on on our GMC Motor Home
    Also used on most Big Rigs.