Register now to get rid of these ads!

american collectors insurance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bflo rodder, Jan 9, 2011.

1. bflo rodder

bflo rodder
    from buffalo ny

While driving my 56 olds home from work, 2 -3 kids threw what appeared to be bricks at car. The bricks did some extensive damage to roof and lower quarter and some minor scratches also. The insurance company was great they came right out and cut a check with in a week. Car now at shop being fixed.

2. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

Nice to hear the GOOD reports about insurers, too! Sorry to hear about the little assholes. Some little fucks killed a woman here in Houston a while back doin' the same thing. DD

3. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Good to hear they took care of you. I have my cars insured with American Collectors as well, thankfully I've never had to make a claim but I've always wondered how they would respond.

4. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

I have two cars with American Collectors, as does a friend here in Mt Shasta. Good to hear they are fair to deal with. Thanks for the info.

5. bflo rodder

bflo rodder
    from buffalo ny

yeah they were great I was worried when I made the call to put the claim in but to my surprise everyone from the operator on the phone to the guy who came to look at the car were great

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I had my 66 SS 396 Chevelle with them. When I tried to insure my 32 Ford high boy, (with a 255 Merc flathead) they sent me a registered letter telling me that they would NOT insure my car which had no bumpers and fenders.:D I have nothing against them but they are NOT hotrod friendly. I always thought that they were a reputable co. if you have an original appearing hotrod. I had sent the money along with the pictures and had to scramble when they denied me.

7. octobeak

octobeak

I've had my 1971 chevelle with them too, never had a problem but glad to hear they are backing you up instead of backing out.

8. My "29 fenderless, suicide front ended, ol' skool(rat?) is insured with 'em. I got hit in the rr rear wheel and tweeked the entire 3rd member. They were great all the way!. I belong to USAA and went through them and had no problem at all.

9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Maybe they have seen the light. This was back in the 90s when they denied my highboy. I have nothing against the company.

10. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

When I had this happen, they were right on it with a very fair damage appraiser and quick settlement. I was very happy with their claims service. And, they are/were a HAMB supporter.

Attached Files:

11. joe_padavano

joe_padavano

I'll add a thumbs up for American Collectors. I had an O/T 1971 442 (heavily modified) insured with them. The car was sideswiped and they quickly and fairly settled the claim. One of the few insurance companies that I speak positively about.

12. scrubba

scrubba

I don't have insurance with them as they're not allowed to in Virginia . Still, I'm familliar with them in Texas where they were always fair with the repair people , ( me at the time ) and the customers , a couple of club members . scrubba

13. Gman0046

Gman0046

Nice to know American Collectors is a class outfit. It's unusual to get great service from anyone these days.

14. lesabre59

lesabre59

I had an accident with my '46 Chevy Truck, they came out, did the apraisal and gave me a check for what THEY said it could be fixed for. I was not happy with there appraisal, they wouldnt listen, it was "This is it, take it or leave it"... i had to redo the hood, front grill, new radiator, both fenders, body work and paint and there appraisal was so low i got a radiator a used grill and had to do the rest of the work myself...not happy with them so i switched to Grundy!

15. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

those little cockmasters are still alive?

16. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

still looking for a classic car insurance co. that does not require my car to be garaged.
    so far they all want prof my car is inside a locked garage. I don't have a garage big enough for my car and tools so the car sits outside but, its in my back yard behind a locked gate.

17. bflo rodder

bflo rodder
    from buffalo ny

while mine is in my garage they never asked for proof they just asked where I would be keeping the car and I told them that was all the proof that wanted

18. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Sounds like those little punks need their hides tanned. What is wrong with kids nowadays?

19. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

I thought that most Collector car companies state that you are not supposed to use your vehicle for transportation....back and forth for work.

20. Kyron

Kyron
    from Peoria Az

You agree on an annual mileage allowance .... how you rack the miles up is on you ;)

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

glad the car is gonna be ok. now...

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I hope they caught the kids, they need an ass whooping and the parents might as well.

22. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

nice.
    I need to give them a call. every other insurance co. I talked to has told me I need to provide prof my car is garaged and I could be subject to a surprise inspection to verify.

maybe is because I live in L.A. HA!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  23. I have american collectors but thank God I've never had to use them.

24. bflo rodder

bflo rodder
    from buffalo ny

yup I drive to work once or twice a year, take kids for ice cream, sometimes just cruise, and use the car for a few photo shoots but stay under my milage

25. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

I heard Hagarty is good but they would not insure my 74 Bronco with the other 4 cars I insure. American Collector covered all my cars although I have yet to send a pic of my 29 fenderless. Does anyone know if they cheese out and repaint just panels damaged, my ex took my 68 camaro to work(high school teacher) and it got keyed all down the passenger side, been 4 years and dont want to make a claim, worried they will only paint one side of the car and it will not match. I will just paint it myself. I leave the scratch as a reminder not to let women around very long.

26. Hunter Bender

Hunter Bender

i got state farm...it was kind of a hastle to supply them with all the pics and stuff done to my caddy, but in the end its insured for 30 grand and it only costs me a little over 16 bucks a month.(we have multiple cars on the policy but you get the idea...cheap!)