Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another balmy morning in the sunny south!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol'chevy, Jan 10, 2011.

1. outlaw256

outlaw256

i left the chicago area in 1973 and went south learned to drive in this mess.been in the south ever since and boy is it funny to watch southerners drive in it!but i hate snow. i can deal with the cold just put on more clothes but here in alabama in the summer (to me) is just a taste of what hell must feel like. i cant legally take off enough clothes to stay cool. i cant even work in the shop in the daytime because 120 is just to hot for me and air conditioning is coming. i dont care about the cost anymore.

2. old bone

old bone
    from maine

great..got layed off for a month cause i could not get a flight for a week of the blizzard first of the year..cost me a months of work...now im scheduled to fly down tommro from Maine.anyone hear about airport closures in Atlanta?..that is where i get my connecting flight to new orleans.i think the guy upstairs does not like me..as a matter of fact i think he hates me
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

3. codeblu

codeblu

We got about 6 inches up here in Blairsville. Hate to be on 285 right now.

4. Funny how we always here about us Southerners can't drive in the snow,,but it seems to me that all the snowbirds that move south are the ones that are upside down thinking they know how to drive on the hard packed ice we usually get,,

Personally,,I avoid driving in it,,I don't trust me OR the other drivers,,Southern or Northern,,besides,,I just throw another long on the fire and sit back and watch the kids play.:D HRP

This is a photo of my barn,,

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  5. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

we have 8-12 inches right now with 12 inches - 2 feet on the way :)

6. CR1193

CR1193
    from Tennessee

No doubt!!!!! We've got the same thing (or more) to the west of ya
    here in TN, and still snowing.

7. farcus1

farcus1

TV reports that all flights into and out of Atlanta are delayed.or cancelled.

8. old bone

old bone
    from maine

yup the man upstairs hates me for sure.....can't get the rod done if i cant work....
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

9. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Just a little 'dusting' for us in the North.
    [​IMG]

10. farcus1

farcus1

About an hour ago in my front yard.

Attached Files:

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I was stoked to see the snow this morning!!! A couple times a year doesn't bother me, hell it actually makes me happy!

Farcus, I love Asheville and should have lived there instead of Charlotte...damn that's some pretty scenery.

12. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I am having a difficult time typing out this post. My tears of sorrow for you boys in Dixie are freezing and the ice cubes keep hitting the keys. sllmcripawqikt94c,x4]a

dang it, I give up.

13. jroberts

jroberts

Around 6:00 this morning there was just a dusting on the ground now we've got 5" or more now. I'm just sitting in the recliner looking at it out the window. We had 8" couple of weeks ago and lost power for almost 24 hours. They're calling for freezing rain on top of the snow later this afternoon and tonight. That's scary. Well, this time round I've got the generator where I can get to it. I guess that will keep the water pumps from freezing if it come to that.

Love the Coupe in the snow in Asheville. My son lives in Arden, just south of Asheville and of course has the snow too.

For now we're holdin' on 'till its over......

14. farcus1

farcus1

The coupe is actually a 1931 Slant Windshield Cabriolet that would normally be in the basement but, I have too many automotive repair tools in it to get the car in. I restore any kind of engine and prefer flattys. Model T/A/B and V8's preferred.

15. ATL is officially open, but nothing is coming in or going out. The snow has changed to freezing rain. Temps to stay below freezing through next weekend. With all the ice, Coldlanta could be all but closed till next March!

16. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

its about 38 and raining here.

Should be till june

17. StuntmanJames

StuntmanJames
    from Denton Tx

This just north of DFW Tx in Denton yesterday!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Better throw a charger on the battery. Them lamps are gettin a bit dim. :D

19. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Cool antitheft device, there HRP. Looks effective.

With the temps not getting over freezing most of the week, we might be stuck with this for a while....

yay.

20. 51fordor

51fordor

We are on the "Crystal Coast" of NC here in Jacksonville and it has been snowing since 6am. We have just over 4" and still seeing any end in sight. This is alot for us!

Attached Files:

21. Good times!!!!

22. Deuces

Deuces

Yep! Only got 6 inches of that funky white stuff so far this season...

23. Mercchev

Mercchev

We enjoyed 50-60 degrees all of November and December...Was waiting for the other shoe to drop. We have had 6-8" twice in the last 7-10 days. Guess i'm gonna have to get a snow blower. Tired of shoveling.

24. Deuces

Deuces

Why?? Looks like a tree growing through the middle... If I'm right, that thing ain't going nowhere..

25. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Buffalo 15 degress and lots of snow. Cant even start the deuce. Still praying for global warming.

BC

26. hscott

hscott

Man that would really suck, here!

27. Quoted for truth and accuracy! The stuff we get down here usually isn't the same as what they have but you can't tell them anything. We're just a bunch of hicks down here ya know......;)

28. it was a balmy 12 degrees here in sunny AZ this morning lol

29. henryj429

henryj429

OK, guys - here's what to do:

Back all of your cars out of the garage and let them idle all night. Pump enough CO2 into the atmosphere to kick that global warming thing back in. Problem solved.

Either that or do what us Northerens do when it snows. Yawn! Whatever!

30. Ha Ha, It's all good. I'm just pickin' at y'all a little bit there.:D You left out that y'all have a waaaay better pro football team than we do as well. We can't even get guys who are locks to be #1 draft picks to leave school and come play for the Panthers....:(