Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another balmy morning in the sunny south!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol'chevy, Jan 10, 2011.

1. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

[​IMG]

This global wrming thing is killin' me!

2. Old Heap

Old Heap

You're more than welcome to keep that stuff on your side of the state line.:D

3. colorado51

colorado51

Wow, looks like Denver this morning, but probably not as cold. It was 7-degrees this morning and should get up to 13-degrees today.....glad I have a heater in the garage!

4. Goodlife

Goodlife

My driveway looked the same here in Kansas this morning. Got the old snow blower fired up and went to work on the white stuff right away. The garage is heated and I will be twisting wrenches shortly,after I rest up.

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

7 inches of snow in Aurora this morn...but it's expected around here...it is winter time, time to work on the car(s)...glad my "day job" is in my house so I don't have to drive with the idiots and their SUV's out there.

R-

6. Damn...didn't get quite far south enough...I feel your pain:(. I gonna try South Carolina I think:)

7. Yeah, I got about 7 inches right here......no, not there,in my yard.Global warming has let me see more snow in the last 3 years than I had in all my years before.It ain't supposed to snow here,I HATE this crap!:mad:

8. historynw

historynw

Hey, hey welcome to my world....were getting what you had & then some according to the weather service. Going south will mean going south of the Equator.:rolleyes:

I worked out in it for 28+ years I don't miss it one bit I now turnup the thermostat and sit in my shorts watching the white flakes hit the ground. :D

9. cowboy.3d

cowboy.3d
    from Austin TX

Still diggin" out here in sunny Brooklyn, NYC. with another foot on the way for Wed! Love that Northeast weather!

10. Gator

Gator

haha yeah, pulled the ol Shoebox out yesterday too - couple more inches on the ground now...

[​IMG]

11. Gonna be about 62 here today!! All excited about the BCS here in Glendale!!!
    GO DUCKS!!!!!! Looks like Anchorage about late OCT!!
    Thats why I winter in Arrid zona!!!! Will have to get the Roadster out for a spin!!

12. Looks about the same here in Suwanee. Georgia is officially closed until further notice.
    Waiting for the grandson to show up with a shovel!

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice photo Ol' Chevy, I sure like those hubcaps on that truck. I woke up to two inches of snow on top of the truck when I left for work this morning an several more in the forecast for this week.

14. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

You will have to go much further than South Carolina ... we have about 3/4 inches of the WHITE stuff ourselves :eek:

15. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Our '62 hiding under 8" this morning. It's a mess here.

Attached Files:

16. grey46

grey46

Im sittin here waiting ,supposed to start again latter today thru Wed. This may be my last winter here,thinkin some where warm for next winter.

17. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

You Southerner's are all a bunch of wimps when it comes to this stuff. But then again, I almost melted the one summer I spent in Arizona. Never again!!!

18. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

We have just over 6" here (just north of Atlanta). Haven't seen this much snow in a long time.

19. You are right about the wimp stuff.I can't tolerate this crap.But you will never hear me complain about upper 90s or 100 degrees and 80% humidity.Its what you are used to.Been here over 60 years and can tolerate heat but this cold wet snow is horrible to me.I can always find a way to cool off in summer but can't get warm enough in this cold.

20. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

yawn. whats the problem haha. stay warm. Slim

21. you can always put more clothes on, but there is a limit to taking them off!

22. Keep going,,the upstate of South Carolina got a lot of frosty sunshine overnight!:rolleyes: HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. You folks south of the Line have more of that stuff than we do in mid-Michigan! Dang,I'm gonna load up the snowmobiles and come down to show you guys how much fun you can legally have with 5 layers of clothing on.

24. 76cam

76cam

Man I feel sorry for all you fella with the snow it just raining here in central texas..

25. Mr. Nash,,This stuff is not common in the South,,the last big crippling storm was in 1988.

Snow removal equipment is not a high priority in the Sunny South.:rolleyes: HRP

26. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

It snowed here yesterday, and a little bit today, but no ground coverage. Praise the Lord!

27. turdytoo

turdytoo

We got about 8 inches of the stuff starting about 2:00 pm Sunday here in Arkansas but the crazy part is that it was so nice Friday that I took the roadster at lunch time, the second time this January.

28. They're calling for it here today, then rain tomorrow! Haven't seen the white stuff yet, but everyone south and west of us is getting more than their share! Just hope we stay out of it this time!

29. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

WOKE UP TO THE WHITE STUFF. SHOVEL BEFORE THE SHOP TODAY.
    sweeeet truck , are those olds caps with bullet centers? i got a pair thinkin bout doing that .

30. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

This is what happens when snow hits your car here in SC.....