Register now to get rid of these ads!

2011 Barn Finds -- Post Em!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Total Performance, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

There has been thread I have both loved and hated that has kept my attention for the duration of 2010. It was created by a gentleman that asked for the newest barn finds of 2010. I wanted to continue this great thread in 2011. Love because it gave me hope that maye I would be the lucky one to see a jem covered in dust. Hated because I never was that "lucky"guy.

That all changed very recently when I was set up to purchase another project. It was a 14 hrs red eye round trip. As I stood there looking at this piece of crap that wasnt even the same car that was sent to me in pictures I glanced across the field and noticed a dull gleem that only a car freak would recognise through a cracked open garage door. I simply walked away from the bozzo that was blabbing at me and discovered, well, a barn find,my barn find of 2011.

A 1964 vintage Fairlane Gasser!

It had the big block FE in it , a toploader 4 speed , Econoline buckets and an Econoline straight axle, old school traction bars. Super cool.

After talking to the gentleman who owned the Gasser it had started as a family car. A 500 model 289 car. Then morphed into this beast. They had owned the car since new and the son, who owned it now, and the dad who had passed, used to work on drag cars in So Cal. He had a back shed that was full of diggers and wacky goodies. After the fater had passed the son had worked on the car for a short while and simply lost interest. I talked to him for 3 or 4 hrs and we talked out a really good price. He wouldnt part with anything else but felt I would take care of the ole' girl. He's right. We have a new family member. The car sat for decades.

Until I came along, and now she's mine! all mine! Thanks car gods!

I finally was the lucky one, Sweet.......................

Attached Files:

2. Pretty good start to the year!!

3. 76cam

76cam

Thats sweet..I like the monster gas pedel.And we all hope to be lucky in finding barn cars.

4. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Thanks guys! Right place right time I guess.

76cam- that pedal IS funny, get a load of the tractor brake and clutch pedals. Ill probably keep them, but adjust them so they are a bit more comfy. Love your Fairlane by the way, very sweet.

5. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

By the way, if anyone has any photos of a gasser like this that ran in So Cal during the late 60's to the late 70's I would appreciate it. Im trying to get some pics of the old girl in action. The owner previous owner is very reluctant to give out the pics, very private man. I can respect it.

6. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

found these today

Attached Files:

7. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

The sweet part of that pic is whats in the background. Looks like some promising goodies back there.

Make them a part of your garage!

8. Fast67VelleN2O

Fast67VelleN2O

Just picked this one up today. 350, 4 speed 3.55 posi with bucket seats.

Attached Files:

9. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Thats a really neat original car. This is one of those that has killer options and everything a guy might want all in one package. Thats gonna be a killer driving car.

10. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

11. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

that is my garage, part of it anyway.

12. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Awesome man. Now im getting that jealous feeling.

13. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

just got this today

[​IMG]

14. Cranky55post

Cranky55post
    from Minnesota

Heres my "barn find" 55 Belair post that was languishing in northern Mn for nearly 2 decades before a chance phone call from my brother who heard the car was for sale. It was pretty rough, but to my surprise the dirty engine was a built 283 with roller rockers and an old Holley 4 bbl, and the owner drove it onto my tow dolly while sitting on a 5 gallon bucket. Open headers and a nice cam was music to my ears. 4 speed saginaw was a bonus! Its on its way back to the street where it belongs.

Attached Files:

15. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I just got a 1919 model T runabout. Last time it seen daylight was 1978, it was inspected here in Ga. I'll post pics later

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

1940 Ford Detroit Drag Car found last weekend and now in NC.
    [​IMG]

17. 303racer

303racer

got any more pics of this one

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

19. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

This thing is amazing! Where was it, how did you hear about it. Great find!

20. Make jaws drop. Tell them the price JJ.

21. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

No kidding on the Iron Lords car. I'm still shaking my head.

22. DIRTY_WHITE_BOY

DIRTY_WHITE_BOY
    from Tennessee

1951 Fleetline Four Door 300 mile round trip. Picked it up Saturday,Got it running Sunday with help of a temporary fuel cell. Owner stated tank had been cleaned,but I could not get fuel from it. Reading full and sounds solid when I tap on it,will pull it later. Needs floor panels,rockers look great!! Aired up tires still holding so far, sure they are dry rotted. Introduced it to the 48 fleetline and the 49 fleetline ,gave it a bath,quickie spray wash at 28 degrees,I couldnt stand the dirt,they seemed to all get along.Always nice to find spare parts in trunk. Gus

Attached Files:

23. my wife thought this was cute and bought it. it's all there, i was thinking sbc/auto because i have one, or maybe 250 six. in storage 20 years. sorry if the pictures don't work this is my first try at photos

Attached Files:

24. 67gt390

67gt390

Just picked up a 66 fairlane gt ragtop, 390 FE, automatic, been sitting since 91.

Attached Files:

25. DIRTY_WHITE_BOY

DIRTY_WHITE_BOY
    from Tennessee

26. willysrod

willysrod
    from upstate NY

How do you get em to stick to the cieling like that ?

27. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

How do you fuck up a picture post that badly?????

28. Joe-405

Joe-405
    from Oklahoma

Haha thats funny ! :)

29. bakes

bakes
    from albany NY

No worries - once you ship it to Australia it'll right itself. :D Nice looking Rambler - a friend of mine has a silver blue one like that, it's a fun little ride.