Register now to get rid of these ads!

Building my 63 Gasser!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 63gasser, Oct 6, 2010.

1. 63gasser

63gasser

i am trying to up load some pics

Attached Files:

2. 63gasser

63gasser

just a couple of pics of the rambler with the wheels i got on the car. the back is not finished yet as i am still building the frame for the back.

Attached Files:

3. angry

angry
    from ventura ca

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

5. 63gasser

63gasser

6. robleticia

robleticia

WOW! It's really starting to look bad ass!

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

That Rambler is a kick! Forget about anybody who doesn't like it! Like my buddy says,"If everybody likes your car you've done something wrong." and, "If it pisses some guys off, you must be onto something!" :)

8. brittlebones

brittlebones

Looks like this build is coming along great and I can't wait to see the finished project! It's your's and build it the way YOU WANT and don't give a shit what others think, "trends" or "traditional rods" are here only because someone did something different and others liked it and thus copied it and so on, and so on........... Thanks for going outside the box! :)

9. flynstone

flynstone

how about ramblin rose? great job so far .....

10. treeserv

treeserv
    from n.j.

Looks good keep it up

11. duke182

duke182

i have a couple of comments that no one probably wants to hear, but hear goes.

63gasser, i think your project is very cool and i am looking forward to seeing the completed car.
    im also glad that most of the negative comments have mostly stopped.

i read the whole thread and just wanted to respond to a few thoughts.
    1- just because its a convertible does not mean that it couldnt have ever been a "real" gasser. go get a rulebook from back in the day and you will see that converts were eligible for use and had strict, for the day, rules about rollbars.
    2- seems like everybody thinks that all gassers had straight front axles. they all did not. there were many different cars used in a wide varity of gas classes, in a wide varity of configurations.
    3-too many people confuse f/x cars with gassers
    4 if its driven on the street its not a "real" gasser, even if it was in the past.
    and that brings me to my last gripe
    5- who cares, obviously some do, build what you like and drive the hell out of it. seems that no matter what the real or percieved rules for inclusion are here at the hamb, someone besides Ryan always wants to be the correctness police. i think those guys are the ones who need to take a reality check because the guys that bitch the most about whats called what, in my opinion, either never knew or have lost sight of the simple concept of hot rodding/ customizing for fun.

anyway rant over
    63gasser, i for one like what your doing and am looking forward to pics of progress, no matter what you call it or where you drive it.

12. isky1843

isky1843

Duke- #5 above says it all. Check out my post Gasser!!!. The criticizim has already started.
    63 Gasser- Nice work! Can't wait to see it done.

13. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

As jacked up as it is it has that street freak gasser look to it. Should be a fun car as light as it is.

14. Hightone111

Hightone111

Made it through the first page and got pissed off by the comments. Who gives a sh*t if it's a "gasser"...it's a RAMBLER!!! It will never look better...same reason I'm building a Studebaker. I'm ALLLL over this mf'n bandwagon!! Keep it up!!

Oddly enough, with all these gasser builds, I still RARELY see them around. Especially one that looks good...

15. 63gasser

63gasser

Ok rambler upen up and say....ahh

Attached Files:

16. chris55

chris55

Looks good to me.

17. pumpman

pumpman

I'm with duke 182, do your thing and have fun. It's way too easy to slam someone on the internet rather than face to face. I think what you're doing is cool, and most important very different. Keep going man.

18. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

Wow already? You're really knocking that ride out.

19. farna

farna

It's a Rambler... it can EASILY look better -- I got one and have had many... ;>

It's a wild look for sure, and I like it. Will get lots of comments at shows. I wouldn't want to drive it a whole lot, or even make a hard pass down a strip though. Will be a bit squirrely on the road that high up (about like driving a lifted Scout or Jeep CJ/Wrangler) and would definitely be that way on the strip. Still looks cool, almost like a Roth comic car.

20. I've been following your thread. You car is outstanding. It really looks cool sitting as it does with the top down. I think we need to start a thread for complaining and disliking. Opinions are fine. But if you don't like something, close the thread! Now personally I would not build a convertible as a gasser. But that is my opinion. But there are pictures from back in the 50's with convertibles running gas classes. I am building a 78 Mustang II into a gasser. And that's because I saw an artist's rendering in a magazine. I have the Mustang. It's all for fun! Enjoy your build! Looking forward to hearing your joy when it hit's the street!

21. 63gasser

63gasser

well i wanted to do something different then everyone. I will take it down the track and do a lot of shows. The front end is not set at ride hight now so it will go down some. I have always loved the look of gassers and i am planing to enjoy every part of building this car. There is nothing like standing back and looking at what it has become so far and i have a long ways to go! I enjoy every comment that everyone leaves (likes or dislikes) keep them coming!:D

22. 63gasser

63gasser

well not a lot to show as i have been spending a lot of time up in prescott az. where we just picked up a cabin to get away from the summer HEAT! I did get the motor in yesterday let me see if i can up load a pic or two.

23. Looks like you got some of the work cut out for you...looks like you don't have to radius out the rear wheel wells.

24. angry

angry
    from ventura ca

Any up dates

25. 63gasser

63gasser

Just to let everyone know i am still alive! Getting ready to move up to prescott az.
    will be building a new garage soon (if all goes well )
    will load up some pics of car soon.

26. 63gasser

63gasser

27. mopar210

mopar210

just caught this thread - looks like its gonna be a cool car I have to tell you since my brother and I finished our rambler - the one statement we hear every place we take it "wow that's really cool a rambler ! " cant wait to see the finished product

Attached Files:

• 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      141.5 KB
      Views:
    • 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      144.7 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      146.5 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      147.8 KB
      Views:
  28. 63gasser

63gasser

wow very nice job looks great! I love the tunnel ram.

29. 63gasser

63gasser