Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods >>>IRON LORDS are at it again!! Detroit Drag Car Found! 1940 Ford<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Jan 6, 2011.

1. busch

busch

Congrats what a find enjoy the ride

2. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

The guy your buddy bought it from must have been a couple coupons short of a toaster oven. A thousand bucks? The Z28 engine alone is worth at least 5-6 times that. Sounds suspicious to me.

3. Jon Lundberg

Jon Lundberg

Suggest you post a photo on the FB page "Fans of Detroit Dragway". Maybe someone there will recognize the car and give you some history. Just a thought.

4. pumpman

pumpman

Unbelievable! Some guys have all the luck!

5. gardenjeg

gardenjeg
    from nc

Well now I can watch the Barret-Jackson Auction knowing that they are not the only group driving down the price of our old cars! Now the NC hoodlums have joined in on the fray, go get them Iron Lords. he he!

6. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

That car is way cool!!

7. Ebert

Ebert

Way cool...did you guys find anything interesting from the title? Can you run a VIN history report in Michigan? Awesome, Skeeter! Thanks for sharing JJ!

8. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Bluish- Green roller rockers......................A one hour only factory option..........................

9. I keep coming back to this. You guys can suck it. That thing is fucking awesome.

10. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

You guys from the south need to stay the hell out of Michigan,when all you do is come up here and steal our cars away from us. :) Lucky dog and the rat/spy who lives up here needs to move down south with the rest of you carpet baggers. $1000 :( steal of the decade especially when you consider it was not among friends.

11. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

12. Funny thing is that Fucker Skeeter is from Detroit and relocated here a year or so ago. He's known about the car before he moved here.

Absolute right place, right time type deal.

BloodyKnuckles

13. Proof positive, there's deals out there.
    This last summer, someone I know, sold his "under construction" '57 Chevy show car for $2500 w/enclosed trailer.

14. ardyboy

ardyboy

what a great find--I know it will be a cool battle piece when it leaves the Iron Lords shop

15. 29ToyA

29ToyA

16. Joe-405

Joe-405
    from Oklahoma

Good god almighty someone gots them a hell of a deal. Congrats !

My dad bought a 1939 Ford coupe gasser from the earlier years about ten years ago or so and i can promise you it was a bare bones roller for at least double that !!! And he still drives it.

17. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Save your Dixie cups the south will rise again!!

18. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Hey Iron Lords--someone call me! That's worth a road-trip with the camera!

-Brad

19. Spent some time with Skeeter on Wednesday going over the car. There is so much cool stuff about the car. Also, it is so close to starting and running that I'm begging him to help. He has to focus on the shoebox first then the gasser.

Man I can't wait to hear this thing run!

BloodyKnuckles

20. Old Racer 35

Old Racer 35
    from virginia

great find theres still alot left ! hey detroit looking for info E.L. Williams henry j ,was purple ,cammer powered great looking car ran in the 70,s as a/gas and b/altered guy used to work at ramchargers machine shop any info would be great

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  21. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

wow! that is way too cool!! hopefully someone can post a video when you get it going..

22. Angel of Sin

Angel of Sin

Great find! Was really sad it wasn't at the shop last night. Can't wait till next Wed really hoping I can finally see it in person!
    Btw....thanks again to the Iron Lords for another awesome night at the shop. Was great seeing y'all again :)

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks for coming Angel of Sin! Yeah it'll be back in the shop sooner or later but since we are limited on space so until he gets his '50 out of shop. So maybe around spring it should be back.

24. Don't even know Skeeter, but.......... I think I hate him.....................is that wrong??;):D

25. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Yeah,That deal is one for the books I would say.

26. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I can DIG that Man, would one Hell of a bundle of FUN!

Nick.

27. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

How's about a video when it happens?!:cool:

28. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Yeah, me too...Tell us the rest of the story! Where was it goin' on the trailer???

29. The owner sold the building and was moving the car to a different location. Skeeter was at the right place at the right time.

BloodyKnuckles

30. Have him bring it up to Autorama. Share the car with the great people of Detroit!!!!