Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found a deal on Intergrip Butt Welding Clamps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tnrotter, Jan 8, 2011.

1. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

2. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

They are cheaper at Harbor Freight.

3. fathead429

fathead429
    from Yuma, AZ

Thx a ton, just picked up 2 sets. Half price and no shipping compared to the eastwood website.

4. butt clamps? are they made of leather? lol sounds like something dirty...

5. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

thats funny shit!

6. cozee

cozee

I don't recall seeing them at my local HF nor can I find them on the web site. Any chance ya got a HF # for them?

7. 60 ford

60 ford

Thanks a lot I ordered a set.

8. H F item #44751

9. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Yup, I got about 3 sets of the HF Butt weld clamps (qty 8 per package) for $8.99.....

Funny part is that I had ordered qty 4 of the same thing right before I found the HF ones for $22 at the time....I had both the HF and the Eastwoods clamps side by side and they looked identical....Eastwoods came in a clear unmarked plastic bag....Needless to say I returned the Eastwoods clamps

10. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

check out the MagTab magnetic clamps made by Strong Hand Tools .You can find them at Cyberweld.com They are fantastic for holding small pieces in place while tacking

11. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

12. go with harbor freight

13. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Had a pile and sold most. My experience is the gap is too big for my liking and I find if you have a bunch in your butt joint and you weld between them they will get pinched with the shrinkage of the metal and they are tough to get out. The only way I'll use them is say on lining up a top chop so they will hold the far side of the roof while you weld on the other, then remove them when you get to welding the other side.

14. 58belair

58belair

i cant find the clamps at HF,,,any idea how to get these?

15. hard to locate usually not hanging where you would expect them. ask store ppl or look online. item number is 44751 harborfreight.com

16. Gimpapotamus

Gimpapotamus

58belair,

I cant seem to find them on the HF website, but I have purchased three or four packs of them now in Abilene and also in Waco. Maybe you will have some luck calling a few different stores if you cant find them locally. Hope this is helpful.

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

THANKS! Just placed my bid! If there is a "HAMB Tip of The Week Award" you just got my vote!:D Bob

18. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

They are with the welding supplies, halfway down the aisle, nipple high off the floor......

19. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

I guess thats ok for the guys with money to throw around but a set of 16 clamps is about $58 that can be used buy parts that I cant make for free.
    There was a tech post showing how to make these quick, easy and free and get a proper gap too.
    As I recall, the Eastwood clamps leave about a .050 gap and the homemade clamps have a gap about .035 which is closer to the proper gap for butt welding.
    A quick search of the tech archives and here ya go

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11673

20. i bought a bunch of those from Gambino at a show, cant remember how much they were, but they were really reasonable. i would ask alex if he still has any for sale.

21. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

HF does not show #44751 anymore.

22. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I just saw like 8 packs at my local store bout a week ago....

23. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

I had no luck at Harbor Freight. I got mine from Northern Tool, 10 bucks for four.

24. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

they dont show up on the website, only in stores. Call the local store and ask if they got that # in stock.

25. 37mj

37mj

i made mine plus have as many as i need

26. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

hf, 8 for like 8 or 9 bucks........

27. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

Heys guys, and gals. Sorry for leading you astray. I ordered these clamps in good faith on from eastwood on ebay, listing said more than 10 available, sets of 4 that is, and I got this email yesterday.

"We apologize for the inconvienence in delaying your order. We sell through various venues and at times stock is sold before it can be removed from eBay ads. The item you ordered is currently on backorder and will be shipped as soon as possible, or we can cancel the order and refund your money."

Today I was in the nearest town with a harbor freight, 40 miles, and purchased 2 sets of 8, all they stock, then emailed and canceled my order and requested a refund from the afore mentioned company. They promptly refunded my dough. They missed out on a $40 sale for 12 clamps, and I ended up buying 2 sets of 8, 16 clamps for $12, $6 a set. Not trying to start a bashing thread, but a friend of mine ordered some wrinkle finish paint within the last year to paint some parts for an engine rebuild he was in the middle of and the same thing happened putting a delay on his progress. That was ordered from their catalog.

Thanks to whoever provided the harbor freight info. The part number again is 44751, the store I went to shows a stocking and reorder of 2 so you may have to check with your store again if they are out.

28. JThw8

JThw8

Last week Eastwood sent out an email that you'd get 4 of these free with any $25 order. I was going to get a set anyway (from HF) but heck I knew there had to be $25 worth of something I needed from Eastwood so I placed and order. Arrived today with the free clamps. Pretty nice but seeing them up close I concur with the folks who say just make your own, wouldn't be very difficult. If I need more I'll just make some.

29. 60 ford

60 ford

I got an email from Eastwood also, I guess I'll see how long it takes to get them.

30. fathead429

fathead429
    from Yuma, AZ

I got the eastwood email too. Picked up to packs from HF instead. Waiting on my refund.