Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

OK so i need some help just one more time. This one could be the definate answer as to how the car is going to look. As we've been working on the car we've been brewing more solid ideas for how we want the car to look.

Right now we have the car down to bare metal and we are still browsing color options.

We are thinking a flat black or a flat dark, dark blue. Would LOVE to see the car in both of those as we are truly torn on what to paint it! We would love to keep the car in a flat paint or a "matte" paint....nothing too shiny. We are open to any color ideas so if you think the car would look great in something else, please post it and help us out! :)

We would like to see the car in wide whitewalls with Smoothie wheels (or something similar to that)

We are also planning on dropping the car down in the rear. also toying with the idea od dropping it only slightly in the front.

We opted not to chop the roof (too much work for what we wanted to get into right now) so we'd like to leave the roof-line the way it is.

The visor will be staying on the car. we love it :)

We are also planning on keeping all chrome on the car since it is in such nice shape

Right now we only shaved the rear door handles. Should we leave the front-door handles or shave them too???

suggestions and photoshopped pictures are greatly appreciated. I apologize for the door and the trunk of the car being open. its the only side-view photo i have in daylight and we are unable to remove her from the garage in her current state to get a photo :)

bettyphotoshop.jpg

3. Is anyone willing to make some changes to my 47. I am ready to do some blend work and would really like to see what it would look like with Gold/white scallops, gold ring tires, and gold wheels. I do my own custom paint and already have the metalflake gold and tires but am worried the car may be to stock looking for scallops............. Thanks in advance Kelly

Attached Files:

4. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

So I'm in the process of planning out my paint (which will happen when it decides to warm up), but I'm not sure whether I should go for a solid 2 tone, or get some Watson (or early 60's bellflower) feel to the paint. The colors I want to use are a dark crimson red, might go for a bright red, and white. I want to use a white pearl on the roof, but can't decide whether I should used suede, or pearl on the body. Could someone photoshop one with scallops and one without? I'm going to take off the small side emblems, but I haven't decided what chrome I'm keeping. :)

Attached Files:

5. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

Anyone? I might bake some cookies for the best photoshop, since I lack any and all photoshop skills. Oh and the wheels are going for stock hubcaps. Help a girl out here? I don't want to put scallops on it, just to find out I don't like them!

6. Russian

Russian

well, here is Your Dita :)

Attached Files:

7. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

8. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Been workin' on it. Hopefully it'll be done today.
    Eli

9. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

Well, it looks like nobody wanted to help me, so I tried it myself. It took a few weeks though, and I decided to go with the ripple caps in the middle.:p

[​IMG]

10. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

I think the wires fit that car the best.

11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

..And look what you learned. :D The wheels came out great! Kinda like the first one myself.

12. bill3337

bill3337

I'll agree, I love that car and I love it best with the wires too. Bill

13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Here ya go Farmergal, did a few different colors ,including red, yellow, & pink.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  14. Bad Luck Engineering

Bad Luck Engineering

Can someone please PhotoDrop my Cadillac?

I am planning on lowering my almost stock '56 Caddy and I would love to see what it would look like at a couple lower heights.

I'm not sure if I can settle for a mild spring drop of around 3 inches or need to go all out with c-notches and lay frame to be happy with the look. So I'm hoping that someone could take a few and show me how it would look about 3 inches low as well as on the ground.

If you're ever in Norfolk, VA or where ever I happen to be stationed at the time let me know and I'll buy you a beer.

Thanks so much,
    Bad Luck

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. skoh73

skoh73

Here's about a 3 inch drop. IMHO it would be a shame to "lay frame" with a sweet Cad like this. I like this version...

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

16. Russian

Russian

here it is frame on the ground and the extreme version :D

Attached Files:

17. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

NOW that is fantastic! Whew it looks sharp!! this is so thrilling! we're pretty close to painting the damn thing and it makes it even better to see what we can work with. THANKS VERY MUCH!!!! :D

18. Bad Luck Engineering

Bad Luck Engineering

Skoh73, very nice job. I agree, I like how it looks there. For comparison's sake though, could you do one more with about 2 more inches of drop? I think it will be too much, but I'm curious. Thanks man.

19. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

You're quite welcome. This one was lots of fun & pretty challenging at the same time. Please post pics of the car when you paint it. You sure you don't want the pink version? :D

20. Bad Luck Engineering

Bad Luck Engineering

Damn, Russian... those look friggin awesome, but my wife says to tell you to "Knock it off" because you're getting my head spinning with too many expensive ideas. If only there was a way to get the extreme pic done and still have it on the road for the Lone Star Roundup.

Thanks for your time and inspiration!

21. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Is this too much? :eek: :D
    [​IMG][​IMG]

22. Bad Luck Engineering

Bad Luck Engineering

I'm not sure I've got the metalworking skills to pull of sectioning the front bumper like that.

Ha ha.

23. bothred

bothred

Thanks for the link, it's been a big help.

24. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

Wires about $2400......Hubcaps, $130......... I like the wires too, but I've been trying to keep this car on a low budget...... Yeh, I know, good luck with that, but so far I don't have a whole lot into it.:D

25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thats a good looking car Al. What drivetrain is in it?

26. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

I wanted a nailhead but couldn't pass up a good deal. A few months after my nephew put a new crate 350 in his Monte Carlo, he decided to scrap the car and part it out. I bought the motor and 350 trans for less than half the price of those wire wheels.:) If I ever find a deal on a nailhead, I'd rather have that.

27. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

Thanks! I need to get that glass replaced so I have a good side of her, or get the chrome back on the other fender. Oh decisions

28. Anyone? I hope to start painting on it next week when we get back from Mayo..........Thanks Kelly

29. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Do you have a sample of the gold?

30. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Here's a basic gold scallop, the gold wheels and one gold ring tire. I'm not sure if the curves on this body style lend themselves well to scallops, but I'm certainly no authority on the subject.
    [​IMG][​IMG]