Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need advise on bagging my Buick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, Jan 8, 2011.

1. BBobb

BBobb

I am in desperate need for advise installing a four valve system on my Buick.I bought what turned out to be a crappy plug and play unit a while back and have nothing but problems from the word go.All i want is for one switch to raise the front and one switch to raise the back.At this point the bags,air lines and switches are all in place.I have no clue as how to plumb my valves and wire it up to the switches and solenoid .Any advice and or a four valve diagram would be very helpful ....Upfront thanks for any help

2. jd55f100

jd55f100
    from alabama

You can search most air ride co. and they will have a diagram for plumbing.

i would highly recommend using 8 valves you will be happier with the ride.
    4 valves . 2 to the front 2 to the rear means you have to run tee in your line and when you go around corners the weight transfer will make your car lean to one side or when you park it might not lay out level........i run my supply line to a tee in the middle and then 3/8 pipe to my fill bags and that goes to another 3/8 pipe to a tee with a line going to the bag and another 3/8 pipe to my down valve which empties the bag...i do the same on both sides of the supply line...............

Attached Files:

3. bigheavy

bigheavy

I have always used the Firestone Ride Rite system from Stylin. ( I've had three bagged cars) It is a pretty decent system. The gauge panel is ugly as hell (hide it) , it's not the fastest, but it is very straight forward, well built and the same stuff as Air Ride Tech for about half the price. All of my cars have never had any leaks. Like above, go with an eight valve system to avoid side to side transfer. the t system blows ass. My first car was that way and it sucked to drive, until I replaced it with an independent system. Air ride really works well on big cars and with the right shocks, will be a vast improvement over stock or cut coils and blocks.

4. exactly like "jd55f100" said I'd suggest 8 valves as well..I probably have a diagram for ya saved on my computer though let me hunt through my photos and see if I can help ya out

5. BBobb

BBobb

I have enough valves at the shop to run eight,so that's what i will do.But i still do not know how to wire it to the switches

6. BBobb

BBobb

Justin,
    thanks for the help

7. here is a diagram for 8 valves, hope it helps

[​IMG]

8. Bad Luck Engineering

Bad Luck Engineering

You can use a single switch for front and a single switch for back and still use an eight valve system that will not allow transfer of air from side to side while driving through turns. All you have to do is send the signal from the switch to a relay and then send the output from that relay to both up or down valves for the front and do the same for the rear. This will cause both fronts and both rears to operate together but will shut the valves between them when not filling or dumping.

Aside from that suggestion, you did say in your post that you were looking to use 4 valves and no one has given you a way to use 4 valves, so if you REALLY want to use only 4 valves then throw out why and we'll help you with that instead.

9. Bad Luck Engineering

Bad Luck Engineering

Damn Justin, you're fast. Thanks for all of the air ride info that you provide to the HAMB.

I'll probably be contacting you soon to get some stuff to finish the kit for my Caddy.

10. no problem, glad to help anyone out I can and sounds good, look forward to talking to ya

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

search here in parts for sale section for a air bag control switch unit that is a basic up down set up. try suicidedoors.com, and others, for diagrams

12. BBobb

BBobb

Good advise is just that.I am going to go ahead and use the eight valve st up.Might as well while i have it down.They will do no good laying on the shelf collecting dust

13. Dirty54

Dirty54

14. jd55f100

jd55f100
    from alabama

I use 3 switches all up all down front and back

15. I wouldn't use any less then 8 valves.. you want to isolate all bags so there is no transfer.. will make that thing handle like crap...

16. merking56

merking56
    from NJ

I'm going with pneumatic front/rear switch setup