Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ok, so i started the year off right. Barn Find!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dynaflash_8, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Score!
    Hope to see it at Hotrod-A-Rama this year.

2. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Yep, it's cool!

3. voodoo1

voodoo1

You should bring it down to Vancouver, it rains less down here. I'm looking for a '40 rear end, for my truck. Mike

4. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's barn find...but man I want that thing...congrats

5. Lug~Nut

Lug~Nut

Damn... I just wish we had barns like that where I live. :(

What a way to start the year. Congrats!

Last edited: May 28, 2014

6. PLEEEEEEEASE do not put that 500 or 230 in there. I do have a nice 40 rear end I's sell cheap, and am going to the Puyallup swap meet next month.

I vote for Flathead Ford. Read the thread on my roadster, you can replicate the frame easily.

7. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

pretty cool score , cant wait for a few build photos

8. big bad john

big bad john

.....Thats a real nice find.......you should change your name to "Lucky"...keep us posted......

9. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Very Nice ! I recently had a 28 RPU that I sold to buy my 36 roadster. I really miss the RPU.... too much fun :)

10. flatford39

flatford39

You got the early 28 front crossmember with the solid engine mount still on it. That's a pretty hard piece to find. You might want to think about pulling it out and selling it to a restorer or even better yet keep it in and go with a hopped up banger.

Pretty solid looking truck you got there. Congrats!!

11. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

12. Going to the Corvette swap meet huh? ;)

13. Mmmmmm nope...it's the early bird meet.

14. I know. I was just pulling your chain since it is the weekend before.

15. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

16. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

THANX, I haven't seen the 2011 Rod Season calender yet. I've made that mistake of hitting the Puyallup on the wrong weekend before, but hey, The Corvette/Hi-po Chevy swap is still better than a Honey-Do list any day. I'll see you there.
    P.S. That RPU will be a blast in the Summer, just bundle up real good the rest of the year.

17. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

OH man, you lucky sun of a gun!

I would love to find somethin like that. Those RPU's really float my boat!

Can't wait to see the build thread on this.
    I will also throw my vote in for the flathead, but if your running the hood, a 283 would be great in there!

18. Marty, great find, congratulations. I figured you'd extend the front end a bunch and throw that Buick Straight Eight and Dynaflo at it. Just kidding.
    If you are serious about that 283, I have a cool Hilborn Injection unit for it. I'm right up here in Issaquah just across the freeway from the XXX. I like to barter.
    One Crusty One

19. Oh man, Marty.. so nice! While a 500 Caddy motor might be a bit much, it'd probably be fun in that light little beast! Happy assembling (and I hope that makes up for your less than stellar holiday)!

20. I started the New Year with a flat tire and walking home in the freezing cold. Great find, we must have been at different parties. 28/29 RPU's are one of the best early Fords...

Attached Files:

21. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

ok yea, that would be kickass.

An 8 inch ford might hold up a little better though. Anything i get will do.

22. -Brent-

-Brent-

Awesome project, treat it right!

23. LabRat

LabRat

Sweet find Dynaflash !!!

I vote for the 283 ...

24. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

very nice - keep us up on the progress.

25. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Ok, so heres a mockup. Picked up a bunch of steel today so i can start boxing the frame and working toward a roller. Plans call for a 50s drag rod. 283, bunch of carbs, hurst slick on the back, a dark red similar to the color of the H.A.M.B banner, full box and full hood.

Heres a pic of somthing im thinkin. Lowered about 2 inchs with about a 10 inch windshield and a custom folding top to match.

[​IMG]

26. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

SWEET!!!!!!!!! That was a great find and you're going to have fun with it!! It's always exciting to to get it all drug out into the light and mock up what you find! HAVE FUN and congrats!!!

27. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

thanks bugsy

28. It would look a lot better with a 28/29 grill IMO...and Ihave a MINT 28/29 hood if you need one....

29. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

What a start! This is what we dream about, that '28 or '29, and it's usually a roadster pickup! Congrats, you are blessed...

30. I'd go with the 230 Plymouth. Bullet-proof, drive and idle great, parts are easy to find, it's unique and NOT a SBC!