Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photo album ---Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by twochops, May 8, 2006.

1. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Those look like the kind of flags they use to call attention to something, like a real estate development.

I did a quick search and found this car that has that same exhaust treatment .....

[​IMG]

How many chopped 56 Pontiac Safari wagons can there be?

2. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like both East coast and West coast styles, I think that they're both Kool. When I saw
    Alley Oop at the Merc Deuce reunion I was in love. It took me an hour to check out
    everything around the package tray and if my memory is correct it had a chrome dash.
    Shhwweeett!!!

They're are some things that I wouldn't have done to Alley Oop but I would change some
    things with every Merc.

Happy Trails, Mick

3. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I studied the photos I have of Ally Oop. The first set are when it was primered. It was jammed in red and had a red firewall. The next time I saw it, it was painted whie. Then at the KKOA show in Davenport, the bubble skirts were removed and a set of Fullskirts were added along with the dip in the door removed. By far the best version. -----I also have a pic of the Chopped Pontiac painted red with the wheels of the yellow version. He must get arround alot.

4. twochops

twochops

NEW Michigan build in true old style.
    TwoChops

Attached Files:

5. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

nice!

6. customcory

customcory

Hey Rik, I think that 50 Chevy with the 53 grille was in Lowrider a few years back, it was candy red and won a bunch of stuff.:D

7. FASI

FASI

I posted these elsewhere on here, but this clone of the Artic Sands captures the swoopy look Clarkaiser created back in the 50's.

Attached Files:

8. 00 MACK

00 MACK

How is Tom Philpot these days?

9. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

This is one of those cars that started everything for me. The car was featured in Finnish magazine in early 90's when I was sucking most of influence... Thanks for sharing the project photos, Rik!

10. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

I believe that Chevy that Rikster posted is Mario DeAlba's before the candy red and gold plating.

11. Rikster

Rikster

Some more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very nice 54 Ford, with some really great customizing going on. And I even like the continental kit sitting in between the extended rear fenders with 54 Packard taillights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bailon Mercs
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frank DeRosa chopped and sectioned 1951 Mercury

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  12. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. the derosa merc spent alot of time at bobs big boy (toluca lake) in the mid 90's

14. FASI

FASI

He appears very healthy, I had a good discussion about this car. Talented guy to pull this off.

15. 00 MACK

00 MACK

16. 00 MACK

00 MACK

The blue merc with the Buick headlights was done by Miles Mesa from Illinois and was featured in Street Rodder in 77 as well as a night shot in the well known, LEAD SLEDS book by Mike Key in the early 80s. Aside from building kustoms when no one did, Miles was te first I know of that repopped glass panels for mercs.

17. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

that 52 ford is pretty cool and i normally dont really care for the post fords those years

18. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

Those Packard taillights look great in it!
    I think it might be a '54 though, judging by the grille and front bumper.

19. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

20. Rikster

Rikster

I have spend many hours with the Mike Key photo of this Merc when I was a "kid" in the 1980's. I loved everything about that car... and it still has a special place in my hart today.

Mike Key photo
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  21. hotdamn

hotdamn

hey guys, does any one know of any 53,54 chevys that are chopped that are NOT hardtops?

I am by no means Rikster:) but I have studied kustoms for a while and have never seen one...

any pics would be swell:D

22. Are you looking for older or contemporary builds?
    ive got a chopped 53 post coupe ( was a 4 door) project and ive been collecting images of post cars for reference when i begin doing mine this year. the cars im really hung up on are

- custom54's from canada
    - rob fortiers 53
    - the235kid's build
    - shortblocks 54 build
    - mike ness' 54
    - 'citric acid' 54 built by oz kustoms
    - lucky8ba's 54
    - roddinron's 54

hope these help!
    ill be watching your build too!
    good luck

- Rhys

23. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

24. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

The 47 Buick,I beleive was owned by a guy in NYS many years ago.He had owned a white 56 Ford Crown,than in '90 or so had owned Dave Autens contemporary 55 Merc.

25. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I was thinkin this was from Ohio, the owner drove this car to Des Moines Iowa to have the top installed. He looked like a RED Tomato, Sunburnt bad . Charlie Smart built the convert top, Can`t remember if he did the interior. The first time I saw it, He was crusin with another Buick, Chopped, Maroon and had Rambo painted on the full Moon discs that didn`t spin. I take that back- just looked at my pic`s. It was from Illinios, He hung around with a 56 Olds, Marron and white, had a modern looking(90`s)conntinental kit on it. Lost in the fiffties. A later pic of the Olds has an Iowa plate on it.

26. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Hey Joe. I thin the chopped maroon 46 Buick fast back was built by Gary Mundy and the 54 Olds was owned by Doc Bamber in Jersey eventually.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  27. Rikster

Rikster

Here is another photo of the Buick.

[​IMG]

Bill Cushenbery inspired El Camino.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Custom Corvette

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Could this be it? Photos were taken in 2002 when the car was for sale here in Lake Havasu City, AZ .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Although it's missing the full moon discs.

29. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

The pics of the 59 Elky,were taken at the Leadsled Spectacular in '88.The 50 Merc ragtop belonged to Ron House out of Long Island,The chopped 56 Chevy belonged to a guy by the name of Dave James out of Pa.The car was sold and the new owner repainted the entire car silver,which does the car no justice.And of course,the maroon 54 Bel Air,belonged to none other than East Coast painter extraordinaire,Rich Glymph out of Silver Spring,Md.That pic was taken at the KKOA Sled Scene East in Gettysburg,Pa.

30. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Forgot to mention,the chopped 41 Ford,belonged to Larry Purcell out of Colorado.That car was done in the early 80's.Wonder what ever happened to it?