Register now to get rid of these ads!

New member and you guys are crazy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by solidaxle, Jan 7, 2011.

1. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

Just found this site. Holy Cow you guys post a lot! Does anybody work? lol.
    I always have been a muscle car guy do all my own work. But I got the bug for a hotrod the last couple years and deuce roadster fever has set in, I'm obsessed, and feel I'm in good company with this crowd. So, here's my plan ,I am going to have to build it ,cause what I want is neither too expensive or not what I want. Old school highboy ,flathead, halibrand banjo ,actually the Doane Spenser car is what I want but I don't think Bruce Meyer is going to give it up. So any advice? I've worked hard all my life and just don't want start laying out cash for the wrong stuff.

2. oj

oj

Welcome to the hamb, for sure.
    Advice? Lots of real good, experienced people on here. My only advice is to go slow, get the best 'fixins' your wallet can handle, state what the finished product will be and sick to that goal. And, best of all..share it with us! Show us your starting pieces and keep the updates coming. The Doane Spenser roadster is a mighty lofty goal, go for it.

3. Stink63

Stink63
    from coumbus,Oh

hello from ohio

4. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Welcome from Irving TX

5. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Welcome aboard from Maryland.

And YES, crazy is standard equipment here.

You have what it takes? Something tells me yes.........

For real hot rodding, it's the best on the net.

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Crazy are we? Well thats what you and the doctor say, me? I know that I'm not crazy, the purple monkey told me so and the door knobs stopped talking to me so I know I'm sane.

Doc. Oh look, the clouds are waving.......................

7. ironpile

ironpile

First thing is to make sure you can title it,nothing worse than a finished rod and a big hassle with paperwork.

8. hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Yes, we post a lot.

No, I dont have a job.

well, i sell my body as a man-ho to older milfs, but I cant report that or the IRS will nail me to the wall. Welcome to the HAMB.

9. pitman

pitman

10. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

starting point Buy body and then frame ,Lay out everything from the body ,,,,,,,,,,

11. AMEN!

Oh yeah, ...... and Welcome.

12. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

welcome from South Texas, There is alot of wise people on here and alot of knowledge. Do your research before hacking something up. Get a body and your chassis parts first and mock them up and post pictures on here along the way. I know you will recieve alot of good constructive criticism.

13. Ryan actually pays me to stay logged in all day and post, you guys aren't paid?

14. Yes. Most of us are crazy. Welcome aboard.

15. 36tbird

36tbird

Everybody on here is an asshole, ego-maniac, 'cept me. Trust me on this! I like your style for opening here. But, remember what I have said.

16. Deuces

Deuces

Me? Crazy? Naaaa.... I've only been here little over a year... I'm still an FNG..:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

17. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well thats it, Ive been called crazy, now an ego-maniac asshole. Damn lucky I'm so fucking good or you peasant's may have offended me!
    I shall walk with my head held high, until I start to walk into shit.
    Awww, that bloody purple monkeys back...........

Doc.

Ps Tman, what the hell? I have to pay Ryan to be here!!??

18. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

19. citcapp

citcapp
    from Bothell WA

Welcome to the HAMB from the left coast

Crazy, naw we kill the crazies.............................

20. Welcome to the site you will find out that everyone here will be a lot of help to you when you start on this project. I found this out when I was building my project. If we wern't crazy we would not be here. Anyways here are a few pictures of my bucket of bolts!!!

Frenchy

Attached Files:

21. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Welcome aboard - "How To Build A Hot Rod" would be an excellent purchase for you.

dj

22. oldman2

oldman2

See what happens when you leave the door open, all kinds of things get in. Lots of good info and good guys on this site. Welcome and keep us informed on your outcome of the build.

23. Welcome from the the fourth corner.Pete.

24. 39Dodge

39Dodge

Retired with a laptop and snow outside. This beats TV, and sometimes you learn something. Welcome.

25. Work whats that?

Hello and welcome aboard the H.A.M.B. from Des Moines, Iowa!

26. This is THE most entertaining website on the planet (unless you can't keep your hand off your...). And yes, there are a lot of egos bouncing off each other all the time.
    Search, search, SEARCH... everything you need to know has already been done. That's the beauty of building a "traditional" rod...

27. racemad55

racemad55

Well since you are in troy ,travel north about 20 miles to the rollingbones shop and check things out on that style of build.

28. fbama73

fbama73

Absolutely not one member of this site suffers from insanity- we enjoy the shit out of it.

Welcome to the pit.

And good for you that you have to build it yourself- that's at least 75% of the fun