Register now to get rid of these ads!

Iphone App Bug thread

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Nevala, Jan 5, 2011.

1. As a (former?) software developer, I found it useful to collect bugs all in one location. Since the mods have the ability to edit our posts, perhaps Ryan can use this thread as a todo list for things that he wants to fix / address. If someone has created one in the time it took me to make one, my apologies.

Anyhow, I've got a bug to report:

Bug: Clicking on the "More" tab at the bottom of the app, and clicking on the "Online" menu selection attempts to bring you to what appears to be the "Current Users online" page.

After a second or two, it opens up a warning with "Permission Error - Security error, you may not have permission to access".

2. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

The "add a picture" from the library sends it the open camera setting and you can't access your library pix.

FYI.

3. heavy

heavy

I don't see location and price of classifieds. Am I missing it?

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This one will be fixed on the next update.

Weird. I can't reproduce this one. Works fine on all of the phones I have here. Are you on the latest os? Anyone else experiencing this?

Wow... That's a big bug. I'll get that fixed.

5. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

It works now. It must have been an issue on my end, I guess I need to pull my hat out of my eyes...haha. Oh yea, 3.1.3 update on my 3Gs phone, I think that I need to update it overnight with all the pix and music that I have on it.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ.

[​IMG]

6. Gabriel Howard

Gabriel Howard
    from OKC
    1. Okie Hambers

i have had it crash twice since downloading yesterday. open up the app, went to "latest", opened up a thread...while loading it just dumped on me

7. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Great idea ... this should be a "Sticky"

8. Diesel627

Diesel627

That's what I was gonna report as well, also it would be cool if it would show location, and status of all userS, as in fng, alliance member ect...

The other problem I've found is the search funtion has know way of searching specifically the classifieds or forum, it does seperate them an list what area, but it's still a little harder to use.

That's all I found to be a little off with the app, and I'm not complaining just simply sugesting! Thank you for creating the app Ryan, its pretty awsome!!

9. Diesel627

Diesel627

Oh one more thing I was gonna mention, every time you close the app, and then go back to it it resets, as in you have to start all over agian from the start page. I don't know if that could be changed, though because I belive almost all apps are like that. That is all! Thanks!!

10. How to you get to your groups?

11. 6ck Pony

6ck Pony

Awesome that the search saves the searches. I don't think the regular site does that.

When you select posts instead of topics in the search, nothing comes up. I don't know what that's about.

Advance search(like mentioned before) in the future would be awesome, sorry I'm not trying to be needy or pushy. It's way better than expanding the website on the iPhone or itouch. Especially since I have fat thumbs.

12. Freeland

Freeland

I'm curious about the Groups as well... The ease of the image upload in the regular threads would be awesome in the Groups too... Then again I may not have figured it out yet either...

13. When I open a thread, it always opens at the last page and last post of that thread. Is there a way to have it open at the beginning of the thread?

Thanks for building this for us!

14. I can answer that
    Lower right corner, settings, it's called landing behavior. I have mine set on ask always, so if I know the thread, I go to 1st unread

I have a few suggestions if I may
    The social groups would be nice

When it does reload the main board, is there a way to start at the top? Mine stays way down the list

Thanks Ryan , good job

Sent from my iPod touch using TJJ

15. :DThanks T-knock

16. DOH!
    No report function LOL

Sent from my iPod touch using TJJ

17. junquewerkz

junquewerkz

These comments concern the blog posts on the "Home" page:
    - I like seeing the lead photos, but they do not appear there
    - The authors are not identified
    - I am unable to figure out how to find the comments to the blog posts (the link is not at the bottom)

Separate item: Is there a way to search for a term within a specific thread?

Thanks,
    Paul/CA

18. chuckIII

chuckIII

Same here. Love the app other wise

19. swazzie

swazzie

mine is working fine so far. no bugs yet Iphone 4

20. heavy

heavy

Just curious when the next update is to fix the classifieds?

21. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I'm pretty sure that this is a "linking" bug, but on the iPhone it will not show Photobucket or pictures that are hosted somewhere else. I tried to look at the Gambino Tribute car the other night and it only had "blank spots" where pix are supposed to be.

Also, if you jump ahead to your "favorites" to quick it will list the "Home" as error. I have had this happen a couple of times and I tried to refresh it and get and get you a screen shot, but it would then work........just a tiny little bug I'm sure.

Chris

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

On it fellas... Hope to have a new release in the next few weeks that addresses all of these.

23. redsean

redsean

Ok. I've searched and can't find my answer. When I use my app I can't post or up load pics. They say there is a setting area not on my app. Totally confused guys are doing stuff that I can't even see how. Any help would be great

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  24. My husband bought the new iPhone a few weeks back and found the app and showed it to me. I had no idea there was one so I downloaded it as well. It's pretty damn awesome. Great job guys! If I experience any funkies I'll let you know.

25. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Just a tiny bug, but not really. But, if you "edit" your post via the iPhone it doesn't say that it was edited on the main board when you get on a laptop. It doesn't bother me, but I edited a post the other day and I saw that it didn't say that I edited it. Just a little FYI.

Chris

26. Roothawg

Roothawg

I'm gonna let you guys work it out, then after perfection...I will download.

27. RichG

RichG

Apps are like Hot Rods: never, ever finished.:p

28. gonmad

gonmad

Well, I just downloaded it and it seems pretty cool for sure!
    Lets try a pic...my status on the wagon now!
    So, how do I get to the groups anyway?
    Thanks Ryan! [​IMG]

29. I could not find groups either.

30. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

The "Gary Howard fire" has been stuck as the main post on the TJJ page this whole week. It took a screen shot of it if you want it.