Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof Michigan 2011 registration is OPEN!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Choptop

Choptop

http://www.billetproof.com/upcomingshows/michigan/index.htm

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Billetproof's 8th Annual "Motor City Mania"is back at, Riverside Park in Ypsilanti, MI.
    The best traditional hot rods and customs are back at in the shade and on the grass at Riverside Park! This great venue has trees, a river (duh, look at the name), lots of grass, a covered stage, bars/restaruants/car musuems within walking distance, hotels nearby and lots more. Come check out great vendors and the sickest 1964 and prior do-it-yourself traditional rods, kustoms and motorcycles on the planet!
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Billetproof "Motor City Mania" Michigan May 21, 2011
    Riverside Park
    Yspilanti, Michigan
    [/FONT]
    Pre-Party Friday night at Depot Town!!!

• [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1964 and earlier TRADITIONAL style rods and customs ONLY![/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Traditionally styled choppers and bobbers ONLY! (No modern West Coast Choppers, OCC style fluff bikes) [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] No trailer queens [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] No billet-clad fluff-mobiles (if you think this means you then it probably does. So walk in and check out some real rides) [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Registration and participant entry 8am-noon sharp (NO EARLY BIRDS!) [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Spectator entrance opens at 8am (Spectator entry is $10). Free for kids under 13 and police & fire with proper ID) [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Vendor and artist booths (see the Vendor Info section for info) [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Live bands playing throughout the day! [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Our famous trophies! [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Pinstriping panel jam! [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Swapmeet! (USED vintage car parts ONLY! click here to register for a swap meet space) [/FONT]

Host Club:

Kruisin Nutz

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  2. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

I'll be there! Haven't missed one yet

3. I'll be there Alan and this time I'll have the Safari there.I'll be in touch about doing a couple of trophies.I'll also post the info(or Ian will)over on the Pinstriper's Page.

4. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Alan, are you going to set up offsite parking & a shuttle for the spectators this year?

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I would love to have mine driveable for this show..time will tell

It was a great place for this show last year.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yeah! Looking forward to it! A tradtional style hot rod and custom event in my favorite Detroit area park.:cool:

7. Choptop

Choptop

we will do a better job with the parking signage this year. Last year was our first at the venue, you learn something new every time.

dont know about a shuttle... will have to look into that. GREAT idea though.

I wonder if there is a vintage bus or two in the area? That would be pretty cool.

8. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Got the email, looking forward to it. Had a BLAST last year!

9. Hey, looks like a good reason to go back to my hometown again. Maybe I will have my new Caddy done by then. Count me in

10. putz

putz
    from wisc.

any info. on size of show , lodging please pm .. thank you

11. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

12. Can't wait.

Hope to bring the '34 and the deuce coupe I just picked up.

13. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Summer will be here and so will we!

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Went to the Sidetrack in Depot Town with BenD last night. Gave him the nickel tour of the area including the park. He just might attend Billetproff again after a many year absence he was that impressed with the location.

15. lowbuckers

lowbuckers

aNY WORD ON EVENTS FRIDAY NIGHT? a GROUP OF US WENT LAST YEAR AND NOT MUCH HAPPENED BESIDES US DRINKING IN OUR MOTEL PARKING LOT TILL ABOUT 3AM MET SOME GREAT GUYS FROM CANADA LOOKING FOR THE SAME THINGS

16. Choptop

Choptop

working on this right now... Will report back asap.

17. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Last year was a BLAST! Can't wait for this year.....
    We'll see what we can dig out of the garage....

18. Choptop

Choptop

last year it was a little over 400 cars and 1000+ people (right off the top of my head I can dig in the records and look up the exact numbers is needed). A pretty nice swap meet and lots of vendors. Look at it this way, if you spend 1 minute looking at each car thats over 6 hours :D. Not too bad. great location, good entertainment nearby and great folks.

19. 1935olds

1935olds

I will be there with my Olds.

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

21. Choptop

Choptop

We are going to have quite a cackle fest at Billetproof Detroit featuring Al Bergler and the first Ridler winner...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Choptop

Choptop

The Volcano's and The Garfield Blues Band (a smaller combo of The Millionaires) will be providing the tunes for the day.

The Volcano's

The Millionaires (a smaller combo of this band will be playing at Billetproof)

23. Old Gold

Old Gold

We must have stayed at the same motel......partied till 3am with some guys from Canada too

24. Choptop

Choptop

Depot Town on Friday night. Several bars, restaurants, hot rod parking...

some pics from last year on Friday night

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. slick 65

slick 65

are mini bikes welcome at billet proof? dont know if i should bring mine or not

26. Choptop

Choptop

Bring it on out!!! We love us some mini-bikes!!