Register now to get rid of these ads!

new project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billyo1961, Jan 1, 2011.

1. AcadianKid

AcadianKid

Nobody here "jumped him" they simply stated the facts. This is not the place for so called Rats. Its a "Traditional" site . (the sites associated with it are as well, the jockey journal, the garage journal, etc) They're are plenty of other sites dedicated to half assed built unsafe wastes...

It was obvious that he/she didnt read the opening thread and there are people here willing to help him/her with they're build and motivate him/her when they get discouraged when its coming along slower or more of a struggle than expected. So long as its done correctly and not done in a way that just screams of Shock Factor....

2. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Bill,

Your friend was wrong to have sent you here for help with a rat rod. You would probably be better off someplace other than the HAMB. Please click here to leave... http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/

3. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

I think there's more than just the safety and structural build quality of a car that makes it one or the other. It's also about the nods to those who have already done all this in previous decades and the level of historic accuracy (practicality allowing). Sorry to get all philosophical on you. I also think it's better to be somewhat humorous about these things rather than to outright bash people. Just good old fasioned hazing.

4. That may have set a new record for getting rid of a member in the least amount of time. Better call the Guiness Book and check to see if we're in.

5. Gator

Gator

His post didn't say anything about building a 'traditional car'.

He said he had a '31model-a rat rod project'

:rolleyes:

6. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

WOW..So, we could have gone about this two way. #1.We could have encouraged him to build a real hot rod and gave him knowledge, ideas and support a car guy,or #2. We could bash him and tell him what an incredibly stupid idea it was to come to the HAMB looking for help. Looks like #2 was chosen. Way to go guys, way to welcome a new guy. He's new: help him, don't verbally beat him to death. Hey billyo1961, if you would still like some help just PM me. I will do what I can to help.

7. putz

putz
    from wisc.

Hackerbilt very well said THANK YOU .. I HAD $23,OOO IN MY 35 , A BOZO COMES UP AND SAYS ; SO THIS IS WHAT A RAT ROD IS ! ; AT THE TIME I WAS RUNNING PRIMER .

8. 41 C28

41 C28

Originally Posted by billyo1961 [​IMG]
    this is new to me, so excuse me if my edquit sucks along with my spelling! a friend turned me onto this and thought it might help with my new 31model-a rat rod project. any positive input would be appreciated.

Westerman said it well and I agree.

Maybe everyone should go back and read the first line in billyo's post.

9. wouterftw

wouterftw

"Spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums world wide..."

Educate the guy!

10. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

thought i was being positive, told them to peruse the board to see what was what before going the r route.

11. fitzee

fitzee

I love reading these post. Bill very well said.

12. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

13. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ditto.

Take-home message: One of the hard HAMB rules is that you must take your time to lurk and wander the halls in order to gain insight into how it all works before you jump into the deep end of the pool.

Billy simply jumped before he knew how to swim. Hell, he joined up today or yesterday!

Don't like the rule, fine. Just don't try to swim in our pool.

14. By going over this post a time or two it would appear that if he would go back and edit R@# to HOT all would be better for him. Well atleast his A#$hole would feel better. How many of you don't read directions before installing a new part? I know i'm guilty of it and not reading the rules for this site is basicly the same to me. It's a guy thing, like getting lost rather than looking at a map. I'm willing to give him a second chance cause i know i sure ain't perfect.

15. fitzee

fitzee

No never ever ever did such a thing!!!