Register now to get rid of these ads!

Holdens?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stone, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OHhh DeaarrR!

The Armour look makes a Willys look girly. Imagine a replica, red, with wild V8 underpinnings.:eek::D

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010

Attached Files:

3. from the early 50s

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Stone

Stone

Every time I see this thread updated I pray that it has new pictures of Chopper's Holden.

5. RM-Special

RM-Special

Warren Armours Modified Production car came up in a conversation a friend and I were having only a month ago.We know that it was later raced by a Canberra speed shop (Horsepower Haven) owner,but where is it now ?

Also on Holden stuff there is a fantastic book by Norm Darwin called The History of Holden since 1917. There is 16 pages of text and pics relating to FX and FJ holdens being raced ,customised,and hotted up,well worth a copy.
    Cheers
    RM

6. Yeah!- NevrSeeOneLiThaBefore..

JimmyB-

1) Niice.

2) Midnight spares? That looks like my 'workshop'.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  7. Tony Travers

Tony Travers

Don't know where I heard it but apparently the Armours are either restoring it (as a race car) or building a replica.
    Some guys in Queensland built an orange one just a few years back with a 265 Hemi that has a really similar silhouette.

Cheers
    Tony

8. Gotzy

Gotzy

9. Gotzy

Gotzy

Did Rex Websters FJ ever resurface (been away 20 years now), I know it was a full on show car that wasn't HAMB friendly but was a really nice 2 door conversion from memory?

10. Is he on the HAMB?

He may have sold it. Saw it at Adelaide shows in olden days. Righteous, think I heard it had 1/4 mile 13 sec. potential. It also toured California shows.
    Just been working on my FJ's doors, & organising workspace. Good fun.

11. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

I love the grill and front end look!

12. Tony Travers

Tony Travers

13. RM-Special

RM-Special

Wow! that does rock,only thing that lets it down is the grill and headlight surrounds,but the overall styling and the rear split window (and central rib)is just sweet.Almost makes me want to go to the summernats to see it .
    Cheers RM

14. rooman

rooman

Here are some humpys from the past.

Roo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. rooman

rooman

More old pix from the 60's and 70's. I probably have even more but need to scan the transparencies. Hands up all of those who are old enough to remember Pete Hines, Chris Parry, Blackie Flavel, Tony Prentice/Bluey Elliott, Tom Stranger, Chris Marriott. Oops that was in the Brooksfield days and some of you wern't even born yet.

Roo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

Yep thats me - guilty as charged. I went against the tide of kiwis and migrated to NZ- with four of my cars. The Blue coupe was an FC ( not EC) mordor sedan. The Van in the background is my unfinished 8" chopped EK I'm building in sedan delivery style. Pic taken at my front gate in Waingaro North Island NZ.

I have started Streetneat LTD as a company here in NZ after a year or so of being here. I originally established Streetneat Rod & Custom in Brisbane in 1992. Ran that for 17 years until I wanted a change of scenery - and here I am! ( same job - different view out the workshop)

If ya wanna see more build pics of these cars - its all on my website - www.streetneat.com That may satisfy some of Stone's desire to see some bare metal build pics of Aussie Iron.
    Cheers streetneat-Andrew.

17. Cool posts- Andrew, car looks great- good luck with cool move to NZ. Looks a lovely place.

Yep' Rooman- I'm a post- Brooksfield hot rod wannabe- I relate to those cats standing on their car roofs- at least I carried that tradition to A.I.R.:eek:

Thanks 4 posting sick photos. Are some Steel City 1/8 Whyalla? Gotta have another look. Sweet capture of mood in 'El Cid' night shot.

18. Thanks Spoggie
    Yep NZ is a bit cooler - the whole country is air conditioned! Not many old Holdens here though - rust and disinterest has claimed most of them. Ive found that not many get my radical custom Holdens here. The magazines here complain there is a lack of radical customs - yet they aren't interested in mine....but thats quite OK - I still like driving them! I dont build these cars to please everyone else - just me...
    Cheers streetneat-Andrew.

19. rooman

rooman

Actually none from Steel City Spog. Most from Brooksfield and the two car shot with the Munster and Snoopy is from Berri.

Roo

20. Hey Roo, Some memories there mate!! Woodies lemonade "The best lemonade made" Remember that ad?? Was that '48 series "Satan" Joe Kennedy's old car from Whyalla? He did have one called ''I&J's other woman''. and speaking of standing on the roofs, I can remember standing on the bonnet [hood] of Aub's [from Aubert /Gerlachs junior fueler fame] almost new HT 350 monaro at Castlereagh to watch the Fuelers run.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  21. Thanks heaps Roo- Berri- wow!

I really like that Berri shot. The Early South Australia pics are a time trip. "The best Lemonade made".. :)

22. Hi Andrew.
    Thanks for chiming in ..
    I'm a Kustom nut as well.
    You are not that far up the road from where I am now.
    Just been looking at buying a property at Glen Massey, up the road from you.
    Not a Holden, but here is my build.

http://www.nz-hotrod.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4984

23. I know its more Street machine than custom but I always loved Noel Harpers Fx (Rat Catcher)
    Pics stolen from TMF thanks Troy

Any Aussies know were it is now????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Dunno Binga. I remember a promo for the Adelaide Rod Show, which had the Harper car doing a leisurely slalom up & down the strip at an A.I.R national open. Car was fresh, radical; top of the heap. Saw it that night &/or next day at the show.
    I remember seeing better detailed cars, but the engineering was cutting edge. It was similar to the 'Redback'. Seeing these cars was an exciting event .

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  25. I know Noel used to abuse the shit out of that car and tear parts up on a regular bases but it was still winning every award available to it when it was on the show circuit.
    I can't believe that it just fell off the face of the earth.
    And I know what you mean about seeing these cars when they first hit the scene, Redback was at last years Vic hotrod show and still is a cool looking car.

26. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the memories Rooman, got any pics of FJ customs ? maybe the Bluejay or John Fitzgeralds custom / dragcar. :D
    Thanks again
    Dago.

27. badgeree

badgeree

The 2010 Early Model Holden Nationals have just finished in Shepparton, in Victoria, Aus. A bloke on the Ozrodders site has taken 300 photos,
    The link is http://www.fxfjholden.com/2010_nats_pics.htm
    Took a lot of good shots. I'm sure he won't mind sharing them on here, as it links to a FX/FJ website.

28. About Warren Armours chopped FJ, I reckon I have a couple of photos of it lying/dying in a wrecking yard in Whyalla. The photos were taken in around 1989. I think it might be it as it has slanted windcreen pillars from memory. When I find them, I'll scan them and post them...Stay tuned.

29. John in Oz

John in Oz

Giday Andrew, the cool air makes for better cuddly weather, I was just talking about you with someone the other day and your Holden. Did you sell the Chevy truck with the BBC in or did you take to N.Z with you.

I think a lot of folks just don't realise the work gone into you car, it was the same with Jig Saw which was a great custom as well.

Cheers eh, John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.