Register now to get rid of these ads!

last chance for Banger meet December 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazydaddyo, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Bluto; The same goes for you too....... :)
    Ron

2. Hey Hapydz, any more pics of that fantastic looking T? I looked in your profile but alas, there were none.

3. flyin-t

flyin-t

That's cool little Simca Bluto, much improved over the Ford 60 with it's 75 to 85 hp rating depending who's numbers you go by I guess. Maybe 85 was the last year's rating? I know they made them over there in France into the '60's, what year is yours?

Here's my new project.

4. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Fifty-six

I'm going to have Ed do a cam for it.....

Have a manual in English too.....

5. flyin-t

flyin-t

So what did the cars look like that the French 60 came in? I've only seen the engines.

6. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

7. flyin-t

flyin-t

Thanks. I was also going to ask what a Vedette was, I've seen that name used too, now I know.

I have a one sheet with Simca engine specs if you don't have it. It's in English.

8. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

I have manual and parts book in English Thank you

Vedette is also a Merry Widow :eek:

9. flyin-t

flyin-t

You ever seen the final (I think) version of the 60 that was done down in South America with factory OHV heads? 124 hp.

That'd be pretty cool to find.

10. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Brazilian junkyards.....

11. Attached Files:

12. flyin-t

flyin-t

a winning carb to go with that sign.

My 2" model N side draft.

[​IMG]

13. My intention was not to show off but was to present some facts to the new guys. Everyone seems to get into the same rut, they seem to follow the same path. I'm not making any of this up. Making an engine perform is not just bolting on stuff that everyone else has. I have 97's, I bought a box a 6 97's at a swap meet for $20.00 they were all disassembled. (That means tore apart) Hell, I even owned 3 a them lttle 81 ones offa one a them 60's. Bought them in the begginers section for $50.00 bucks a pop. Some times I read where some one has their undies all twisted up because they thought all you had to do was bolt that thing some one sold them on there and you could go faster. and it don't. Bluto has tried to iell them some of the simple things but I guess they went right over their heads. Find a vacuum gauge (It goes into that hole in the intake if it don't have a hole make one and hook the hose to it) and time the engine until you get a reading of at least 18 " at idle a good reading use to be 18 to 23" If you can't get that much you ain't going to go fast with that engine as it is probably worn out or you may go fast but it will take you a while to get there. Not true with radical cams. If you pound the babbit out don't blame me! Here is another FACT for you. When that particular photograph was taken the engine had a pretty much stock Model B ford distributor with old points and a scrounged up condensor. Sorry about this rant but my blood sugar was way low this AM and I tend to ramble on. Getting old, just turned 75. Now when I see those old pictures where the old geezer is saying "If I knowed I was going to get this old I'd a took better care of myself" I know what he means!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  14. RussTee

RussTee

happy new year all hey Bill when are you going to get that Rutherford motor out ? and really make things go. actually would love to see more on that working on mine over the hols

15. Bill; I was only pulling your leg with the "Showing Off" remark. I'm just plain jealous that I couldn't find any Winfields, North of Superior.
    All the best,
    Ron

16. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

A crank, Rajo head T. Work in progress-
    [​IMG]

17. Therte are patterns for a Rutherford valve cover on ebay.

18. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

where is new 01/01/2011 link?

19. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

20. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Steve's been gettin lessons Bill

21. RussTee

RussTee

Yep seen them there however it just looks like an old valve cover to me but look at the price