Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects *whats plans do you have for your ride in 2011*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lorodz, Dec 31, 2010.

1. lorodz

lorodz

im just trying to finish what i have and take a long break from building cars for a bit and enjoy what i have ..

2. Dirty54

Dirty54

little bit lower, some fresh white walls, french headlight, tail light ,light body work, maybe some louvers punched, and a flat black paint job -all by spring time

3. lorodz

lorodz

all sounds good except for the flat black paint (lol)

4. coupemerc

coupemerc

I'm presently finishing up building a new, more traditional engine for my coupe... 283, .030 over, 10/1 compression, ported powerpack heads, Comp cam, three Stromberg 48's and a Mallory ignition. Then I'm going to just drive it.

5. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Get the god damn thing driving!! Jeez, i really didn't think it would take this long!!! Happy New Year to you all.

6. To get it going again and to fix the damage mum did to the door and front quarter panel. :(

I hope to start building a pre war style gowjob too.

Thanks

Hayden

7. Dirty54

Dirty54

ha what about patina black over original color

8. lorodz

lorodz

the color thats on it is cool as shit id just find some paint that looks really close to it and spray it than do a rub threw if you wanted the patina look if not just get the same color in a flat and spray it ..

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Will see if I can get the last piece of trim on the back glass and wiper escotcheons on in 2011. Didn't happen in 09 or 10.

10. Put a little taller windshield and a brake proportioning valve on the roadster, and get the Galaxie ready for the salt.

11. Gerg

Gerg

work on getting the damn rambler on the road!

12. lorodz

lorodz

what you need to do is get a damn camera and tka esome good shot of that 56 so i can see it better..lol

13. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Hopefully get all of the little things here and there that I didn't do done, and get it painted.

Keep your fingers crossed. . .

14. i don' have a lot of extra cash. i just won't to change the oil!

15. Top secret front end treatment is happenin to my 62 Cadillac in 2011. I will do I whole big thread when I get it rolling. I plan on driving my 54 Buick alot this more this year.

16. lorodz

lorodz

what do you got going together these days?

17. in my head i would like to get it to a roller status by may. then i will probably exhale, lose all motivation and sell it? haha these patterns i create.

18. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

This is the 5W, it's still in primer (like it was at The Rumblers show this year), so I'd like to get it painted before the show this year.

. . . I also have a '32 Roadster that I'm building.

19. lorodz

lorodz

nice, the roadster is yours or a customers.?

im trying to finish my sportcoupester...than relax for a bit than get another full size car i can chop .

20. EchoOfGecko

EchoOfGecko

On my list for this summer (hopefully);

302 or 351 and C4
    A pair of Porters
    New shocks and some Aerostar springs
    Maybe some discs up front

21. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

I want to get my AV8 back home from Arizona. Then install the '32 heavy axle I bought last Fall.
    Other than that, I'll be trying to pick up a little work to replenish the "Fun Fund" that got depleted when my crankshaft broke on my X-country trip in November.... Just about sucked it dry.

22. lorodz

lorodz

how did you ever make out with that ...i remember your trip..

23. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

A guy from fordbarn.com, came up from Texas and hauled my car to Fountain Hills, AZ. The car is in a friends garage. I'm leaving in a couple of weeks with a fresh flathead in my S-10.
    Plans are to put the new engine in and drive to the GNRS. Then back to AZ for February. I'll rent a U-Haul trailer and haul the car home sometime mid-March.

24. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Hope to have on the road this year, won't be pretty on the outside but will hopefully drive straight and safe!

25. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Plans are to finish out my roadster's interior, fix the speedo, and install the johnson lifters I picked up. Get the metal work that's needed on my '57 Ranchero finished and put the car in primer, put together a shitbox F1 pickup to bomb around in and haul parts/junk. Time to get busy!!

26. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

My goal for next year for the 52 is to put another 20k on it and hopefully put 10k on the 62 vette as well.

Hope to see a lot of you guys out there this year.

B:)B

27. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

My plan is to develop a MerK plan to build the 51 and store the 50 until the 51 is finished, or just sell the 50 in the present project state. Bought the 50 first and should have waited until I found the right 51. My favorite is the 51. Building two cars at the same time is putting a strain on the budget.

28. henryj429

henryj429

Finally get my 37 Zephyr on the road
    Fix the fenders on my 36 Nash that were bent up from hitting a deer
    Fix the smashed up front end on my 63 Nova (car rolled off the trailer into it)
    Get set up for next witer to start building my 37 Pickup
    Continue dreaming..............

29. ...just drive em!

30. old tin 38

old tin 38

Get the interior finished in the Willys sedan and touch some American roads with it ! AND start on my '38 Willys gasser / driver