Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. crowen57

crowen57

Welcome Toad! I never realized you had a no-door, lookin' good!

2. econolizer

econolizer
    from Vanville

A vintage-vans buddy, sweet!!!!! A lot of us here? toad

3. RodStRace

RodStRace

A few! :D
    [​IMG]

4. BigScott666

BigScott666
    from East Coast

Just got some new pics of my 64. www.downshiftstudios.com
    New Cragar SS
    302 swap
    ** just picked up a front bumper - I think it will add a little touch to the front end.

Attached Files:

5. crowen57

crowen57

Hey Johnny B.,
    Just realized this was you!
    Howz the van coming along?
    Let me know if you hear of any cruises in our neck of the woods!

6. erock805

erock805

From my travels...not mine...

Attached Files:

7. Blam

Blam

Well, i wanted to wait til i had some decent pics of my van to post on here, but that may be a while so i'm gonna show yall some cell phone pics.
    I realize it's rough, its just a temporary rattle can job, til i get the body work straightened out, but i figured i'd have fun while i was at it.

here is a before pic:
    [​IMG]

First Stage:
    1stphoto.JPG
    photo.jpg

Add some Scallops:
    scallopphoto.jpg

A little taping and Vwahla!:
    tapedphoto.jpg
    wheelphoto.jpg

8. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

OK. This may be insulting to some of you Eco guys, but I'm looking for 61 - 66 front end parts (Straight Axle, Spindles, Hubs, Brakes, Springs, Tie Rod) for an AWB Falcon project. Anyone have parts or know where I can get them?

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

Why would that be insulting? 61-67 are the same. try ebay, or join one of the Econo forums on Yahoo.

10. crowen57

crowen57

Tim in KY has plenty of parts for Econolines, as does Fred in ME.
    Both are frequently on the 'oldeconolines' yahoo group.

11. crowen57

crowen57

Lookin' good Blam!

12. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Thanks Crowen57 I'll try to find them.

Hellfish...some purists might think it sacreligous to steal parts from an econoline to use on something else, especially as hard as they are to find.

13. crowen57

crowen57

There are plenty of parts vans out there, too rusty or too damaged to put back on the road. I've even got an axle and parts here, but I'm a little too far away! I'm sure you can find one closer.

14. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Crowen57...ME, KY or TX, once you get beyond a 4 or 5 hour drive its all the same, you just freight it on a truck. If I can't find anything in MD, PA, DE, NJ or VA I may get back with you. I've got time. Still working on moving the rear end forward so the front end will probably be a summer - fall project for next year.

15. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Congrats Hellfish! Your van is in HRD with coverage of HCPU.

16. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Hummmmm..."Straight Axle Steve"...sounds like someone I should get to know for my straight axle project.

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

Hahaha! Stealing rare parts from one car to use on another? That's what the HAMB is all about! :D

Tahnks, Steve! I saw that. Another HAMBer provided that coverage to the HRD. It was neat seeing my van in the magazine, even if "it wasn't the nicest"! I think that was a reference to yours! Yours does appear in the Vintage Torque Pileup DVD that just came out

18. virtualvanner

virtualvanner

If your into early Econolines you are in a for a treat Feb 19th. We will be having a van show in Buena Park Ca. down the street from Knotts Berry Farm. [​IMG]

The show is open free to those showing their vans as well as free to the public. There will be dash plaques and goodie bags given to those showing their vans as well as show awards. It should be a very good time.

More info can be found here : http://www.vannin.com/showvans/events/2011cofc/index.html

2011 is the 50th Anniversary of the Econoline so this will be the first of many events across North America celebrating this milestone.

19. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Gene Winfield's Econoline...(sorry if it was posted already, I didn't see it)...

Attached Files:

20. kholbro5

kholbro5

I had a orange 62,first vehicle.I loved the three on the tree.Left the key in it where ever we went,no one could drive it.Sold it with 385,000 miles on it.

21. Blam

Blam

What size tires are you guys running on stock set ups? I got some 14x7 mags, and I'm runnin 185/75's the dudes at the tire shops are telling me i can't run anything else but i know that's not true. I want some bigger tires!
    Thanks,
    -Ryan

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

I forget what the radial equivalent of stock is, but that sounds about right. Some also came with 13s, but 13" tires are really hard to get now.

I'm running the stock size radials on the front with some Cragar GTs. The rear currently has the stock steelies and 205 or 215s. I haven't decided what the permanent tires will be in the back. Right now the speedo is off by at least 10mph

23. elwoodwffw

elwoodwffw

havent had the time to look thru all the 72 pages of notes here, but heres mine i have had for around a year, keepin her stockish.... had to redo the drive train, i got it with the cam sticking thru the side of the block (didnt think that was a custom mod)...

Attached Files:

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

Welcome! I have relatives in Hope Mills.

25. BigScott666

BigScott666
    from East Coast

Nice passenger van.....doens't have crap on the ADULT ECONO!!!! :D

26. Balcones1

Balcones1
    from AUSTIN

Hey everybody. I usually spend my time lurking and learning, but I figured everyone should see my video of me breaking in my engine. It's a good one! About 3 minutes and 24 seconds into the run, my transmission (that I rebuilt myself) got so hot that it melted and blew out the trans cooler hose. As if that wasn't bad enough, the scalding hot ATF just happened to spray directly onto the glowing Orange headers on its way to me, my wife, and my friend. But about a thousandth of a second before it reached us, it ignited into one huge fireball! Oh, did I mention that this was in my garage? Luckily nobody was hurt and the fire extinguisher was at my feet, (just in case). I got it all on video too! I will try to post it. Good news is the motor sounded great , but what a mess! Here is some aftermath pics. Enjoy! <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXgulm2b6zU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXgulm2b6zU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  27. elwoodwffw

elwoodwffw

hahhaa whats up son!! ralph from rusty knuckles was at the shop tonight! ya can you tell i dont get on here much even with joining over 4 years ago??!! i will email you later this week about shits going on, but have a great new years monkey love....

oh did you sell her yet??

28. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Are those side windows factory original? I don't think I've ever seen that.

29. BigScott666

BigScott666
    from East Coast

yo yo son.....nope still got her....she's my DAILY....got 3 potential buyers in Jville.

30. econovanman

econovanman
    from yakima wa

what!!! over 1000 posts and u dont know econos come with or without windows? haha just bustin your ball joints! its a falcon they were sold as passenger rigs amd came with pop out windows.