Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Vintage Bonneville car pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dean Lowe, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Dynoroom

Dynoroom

These are not all my pictures but I was told I could scan &/or post them.

Attached Files:

2. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

I'm not sure if I understand what you are talking about. I go to the tab 'Manage Your Account' at the top. Click it and then click "View all Subscribed Threads" at the lower right corner after the page loads. You can see every thread you've posted on and subscribed to. Does that help?

[​IMG]

It's funny how my mind works. As I study this pic I'm saying in my mind 'this guy is checking the lug nuts, Cobb is talking on the phone, this guy is woking on the engine... WAIT, there were no cell phones then' :)

3. Dynoroom

Dynoroom

Yes that helps some, I just need to tag the thread. Does it work even if I haven't posted something in that thread?

Thanks

4. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

If you use the 'thread tools' drop down box in the center top-ish of the page, you can subscribe to the thread without posting...

5. What a great shot of the Sanchez Stude pre chop.

[​IMG]

6. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

7. Troyz

Troyz

OL 55, I think i have a snap shot of that flattyx2 car.

[​IMG]

thunderbirdesq likes this.
  8. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Great thread I can't believe I missed this one, killer photos of some really cool race cars, nice one Dean.

9. BIGDADDYUSMC

BIGDADDYUSMC

Al Jerauld & George Barber belly tank 1952
    [​IMG]
    Al Jerauld & George Barber belly tank 1954
    [​IMG]

If you have any photos or info on the car please contact me at [email protected]

If you know where this car is today... CALL ME 619-994-8187... My name is charles

10. Okay......I give up! Where the hell do your legs go????? Was the driver 3'-0" tall?

11. I kinda lost track of this thread since I went back to work and don't sit around on the 'puter all day.
    These are just a bunch of Bonneville photos I've had in my memory for other projects, but all fit here pretty well.
    I'll scan more from my collection over the new year weekend.

MERRY NEW YEAR

Attached Files:

12. Here's a few more for today...

Attached Files:

13. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Jeepers!! How did I manage to miss this one for all this time?

14. Just a few more. Some old...some not so much!

Attached Files:

15. rick finch

rick finch

Pierson Bros.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. rick finch

rick finch

17. rick finch

rick finch

Can't believe there is only one pic of "Beachball" Belmont Sanchez's iconic Stude....
    Always was a fav of mine, the sound of 8 exhaust out the back would raise the hair
    on the back of your neck! :cool: (right Dean?)

Unchopped, Ardun power.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then chopped with a blown Chrysler.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  18. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Amazing Jimmy I think I just found/realized my next project after my 35 3w wannabe clone of the Navarro roadster

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  19. rick finch

rick finch

Oh, by the way......Dean Lowe gets all sensitive & pissy about Studebakers, just because he tried to "fly" one at El Mirage and the damn thing busted his ass up and nearly killed him. So don't bring it up,okay? ;)

20. sailingadventure

sailingadventure

Bad Bob, Most of these cars had hand controls and direct drive so the driver would be folded up like a 3 bladed pocket knife when he drove. I had to lengthen my tank 18" so I could have a brake and clutch pedal and be able to shift gears.

Attached Files:

21. Fiatdude

Fiatdude
    from SoCal

I've seen a couple where u "drive" from a kneeling position

22. Hey Finch, up yours!!!

The Sanchez Stude is one of my favorite Bonneville cars. I saw the car make it's last run on the salt. They put Harold Hungerford, of Jugger's Racing team fame, in the seat with one of Clark Cagle's 454 fuel Hemis in the front seat. As Harold learned, the hard way, it takes more than a lead foot to finesse one of Ramond Lowey's coupes on the salt over 200 mph. Harold's first pass on the salt was the last pass for the famous Sanchez coupe. The car went airborne and was destroyed. When I watched that, all i could think was "been there, done that". :eek:

thunderbirdesq likes this.
  23. Dynoroom

Dynoroom

I thought I posted this?

Attached Files:

24. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

In the 1948, 1949 and 1950 racing seasons a racer by the name of Eugene (Gene) Hewitt ran a Model A Roadster Pickup, and the a 32 roadster at the lakes and Bonneville.

What differentiates him from everyone else, is that he ran a Wayne 12 port Chev engine.

There is one picture of his 32 in Don Montgomery's latest book "Old Hot Rod Scrapbook" (page 155).

As 12 Port Historian for Inliners International, I'm trying to research his cars.

If any has any pictures of these cars, could you please post them here, or PM me for my email address.

Thanks in advance

25. You did. Rick isn't to observant. That happens when you get old. :D

26. 562roadster

562roadster

WoW! excellent thread. Thanks!

27. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Yeah well a lot of that may have been because Harold never noticed it might be a good time to lift. Although Joe Locosta did show me a nice string of photos of him flying the car. It actually turned out pretty well.

28. Damn Venza! ... You're making me feel old :eek: ... posting two of my photographs in the Vintage Bonneville car pictures thread. :)

I've got a bunch of B'ville photos from the '70s, '80s, & '90s ... but never considered them old enough for this thread.