Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The Hottest Kustoms Lately...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheFrenZ, Jun 27, 2007.

1. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

Always loved the skirts on your chevy!

2. Joseph and his brother David(D.A. Designs) has moved shop out of Santa Fe Springs.The Drag n Shop partnered up with a body shop out in Cypress,Ca. and D.A.goes on location to his customers.

3. Kinda "over" 57 Chevies, but have to admit, this is the shit!! Also, it has heritage, which makes it even cooler.:cool::cool:
    JT

4. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

I love that 57. A Bros rule and that 57 is very delicious. Really like the bubble skirts and always a fan of 57 Buick grille on 57 Chev. Plus the heritage like mentioned above!!!

5. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Jo Garcia is one of my favorite builder ! :D didn't see some recent build from him for a while :(

6. 1955fairlane

1955fairlane

They moved to Cypress about a year ago. He's not in Santa Fe Springs anymore. He's in the same shop as Cypress Auto body.

7. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Got to admit thats an amazing 57 chevy,blew me away!

8. deto

deto

This thread is motivation to work on my POS

9. 1955fairlane

1955fairlane

Thank you! Don't get me wrong, I really LOVE my car. It's just that I can't stop thinking about this Lincoln :D

And no, I don't have any recent pics of what Joseph has turned out lately. But he'll be finishing my car VERY soon! ;)

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

It's not about fashion police, it's about what actually fits in here and is HAMB friendly, and it you can't understand that then you are absolutely in the wrong place. :confused: And there is no way that thing belongs in the "best kustoms lately" category

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

What he said, you can't keep shoving it down our throat, obviously you like it, but it doesn't belong on this thread at all.
    My 54 Chevy isn't good enough to be here either, but I understand that, you don't.

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

This is very funny...it constantly amazes me how many of the "Fashion Police" base their "opinions" on current trends or looks..."laid out" being one trend from current day...most are too young to base opinions on older kustoms and have no idea what worked then and what didn't.

The above article flies in the face of the "Fahion Police"...they didn't like it, but the editors of a magazine gave it thumbs up with a feature spread.

Just shows to go ya, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Do your own thing and don't ever let an opinion discourage you...!!!

R-

13. It has nothing to do about the "fashion police" it is about presenting the material on the right forums. Posting this car on the HAMB is no different than if I went to a vintage guitar message board and showed a '53 Telecaster that someone had ripped all the original parts off and installed a Floyd Rose bridge and new Seymour Duncan pick ups in. It is still an old guitar but in it's current configuration it has nothing to do with true vintage guitars and would have no place on a vintage guitar message board.

14. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

C'mon Roger... that's not a feature spread, that's the "Reader's Rods" section. You know that car's not what this place is about, and it certainly isn't one of the best lately. I'm with Nads... I know my farts stink.

15. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

agreed not enough 57 chev customs around, yours looks great

16. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Personally.... I think the BERORE picture has more appeal than the AFTER PICTURE....

At first glance I thought that it was one of those fiberglass replacment bodies on a poorly done suspension.... UGH! BLACK WALLS is this a fashon statement? Nice Matching Seats...HAHAHA

Take this thing off a Kustom Thread..

17. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

So, what you're saying is the Merc shown is not one of "the hottest kustoms"...???

OK, so I missed the "reader's rides"...and it's not a feature spread...but it still looks good to me...even tho it doesnt' have wide whites...

R-

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  18. skywolf

skywolf

You forgot to scallop the neck. :) I find that Merc particularly unattractive.

19. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

20. jamcoupe

jamcoupe

21. HAHA It is not my style of build no. Do I think that the owner should have built a traditional style custom? Again no. I assume he built what he wanted which is what everyone should do but it doesn't mean it belongs on the HAMB or this thread.

22. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

every time I see this car I just smile..love this over chopped purple Cadi

23. 50Fraud

50Fraud

The Merc owner could have named his car "Miss Guided".

24. Deuces

Deuces

Here's a couple pics of one from R&C...

25. sledish

sledish

Sweet.

26. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah, that lipstick paint kicks ass! :D

27. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

Great custom 4 sure skoty

28. padorey

padorey

I built this 61 a few years back

Attached Files:

29. 55CadillacTed

55CadillacTed

a few more

Attached Files:

30. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Anyone know why the rear of this Kaiser got redone? I can't decide if I like it more now or with the Packard lights and molded 5th wheel cover.

Attached Files: