Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stockton Wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, May 14, 2007.

1. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Damn.... I have been looking at all the wheel companies. I had decided on Stockton. Glad I ran across this thread.

So.... Who has the best wheel service?

Can't be Wheel Kid. I've emailed him SEVERAL times with no response. I have a set of their wheels on my sedan, but decided to not use them again because they won't even email me back.

What's up with these wheel guys?

2. Ooltewah,

Give them a call if you haven't already. I bought a set of artillery wheels from them, one turned out to be a bit out of round and they promptly sent me another. They couldn't have been better people to deal with, and very knowledgeable. Don't give up on them.

Highboy34

3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Your reply is a bit confusing, are you referring to buying the artillery wheels for Stockton or from The Wheel Kid?
    Dave

4. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

You have to CALL Jimmy. Or you can try PMing him on here. But it's best to TELEPHONE. There aren't many people working there, and I'm sure he just doesn't check his email often. I know, that's not good for business in 2010, but some people are still just not internet savvy.

5. DOM,

I bought them from Wheelkid at Rally America. Good guys. God service.

Hemi 325

6. Manic Mechanic

Manic Mechanic
    from East Texas

God service? Is the Kid really that good?

I have been considering having some stock wheels widened for my 63 Falcon. Damn what an interesting read. Sounds like Stockton has followed Clifford's bussiness plan.

Thanks for the info, Gary

7. C.R.Glow Neon

C.R.Glow Neon
    from stockton

not a problem here, must be because i'm local, needed insert pressed into 2 sets of wheels, fast turn around, Frank really isn't that bad. RD

8. Agreed, but deal with Frank only, nobody else. I've used him twice, and he came through. But I dealt with Frank, and refuse to even talk to anybody else. The others just don't have the customer service idea down. :rolleyes:

9. wizzard23

wizzard23

I've had good luck with Early Wheel Co. Don't hear much about them (good or bad) on the HAMB though.

10. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

My dad works near by, so I gave him 2 kelsey wires to have them true them up.
    Every time I called I would be put on hold for 20 minutes plus. Could never get info out of them. Finally drove down to Stockton, after waiting forever someone came up and said one was rusty so we threw it away.
    They refused to pay for the wheel or give me credit or anything. I am blown away by there customer service.

11. Langan

Langan
    from Eagle ID.

Try Rally America they are close enough to Stockton. They made my wires fair price for fair work

12. Slingsh0t

Slingsh0t
    from SoCal

There must have been some deep personal issues; perhaps an incurable condition or gambling debt or something. Don't wish to speak ill of the dead, but this is the news this morning. Maybe now he has some peace.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6486608#post6486608

13. im not sure, my father knew him, i had a set of smoothie steelies built by harley that works there, i did attend the car shows he put on. he knew me cause he knew my dad, neither of us can think of why he chose to take his own life.

they had a bad rap on being slow, and i understand,but there were a few guys there that KNEW what they were doing.

i was waiting to drive my car to see if my wires needed tweaking,but they were the only place that could do it.

14. driosjr

driosjr
    from texas

Wish I had earlier about the problems with Stockton wheels. I placed an order in early December and was told I would have them in about six weeks, almost four months later I finally got the wheels for my car but they came with a ford truck bolt pattern. Needles to say, they didn't fit.
    I thought these people were suppose to be professionals at this, being in the business for so long. What's up with it? Now I have to eat me some wheels because of their stupid mistake.

15. 5window

5window

You need to do more of a HAMB search, and, as most will quickly point out, an introduction. There have been multiple problems posted with Stockton Wheel for years and the owner just recently committed suicide. It now appears some family members are attempting to re-open the shop, but it is unclear if they'll honor past obligations, or if they can do a better job moving forward. Do you want ketchup and fries with those wheels you're eating?

16. driosjr

driosjr
    from texas

I will need somthing to pass them.

17. roadcruzer

roadcruzer
    BANNED

stockton wheel is under new ownership and management as of 7/15/11.there focus is customer relationship and service..continuing custom built wheel and repair..

18. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I see by your two nearly identical posts, that you have ignored the rules of this board, and failed to post an into.

Please do so now. We'd like to know who you are, and to know that you are not just spamming the board.

19. 5window

5window

Well,given the sad circumstances, they'd have to have new ownership to continue. And I hope they would focus on customer service, but I wouldn't be the first one to test the waters. Time will tell.

20. Notabmw

Notabmw

I was looking for 13" Smoothies, Jimmy sounds like he will be able to hook me up! Can't wait, just need to find the centers though to send him.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Roadcruiser I hope you make a go of it but it would be nice if you did post a decent intro and tell us a bit about yourself and your plans for the company. You've got a rough row to hoe as a lot of guys were left with a bad taste in their mouth after dealing with the company before.

22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

X2
    Dave

23. roundvalley

roundvalley

So ROADCRUISER is Stockton Wheel? I missed something here?

24. metalshapes

metalshapes

On his only other post he claims to be a customer...

25. 5window

5window

I just went to their website-it looks great but the ONLY function that works is the one to send them an e-mail. Not a confidence booster. Their website says to check them out on E-bay, but guess what?-Nothing there.

26. they are under new ownership,there are some good guys that work there, harley works there, hes a good guy. works there part time now.

i can tell you they know how to straighten wire wheels,and made me a badass set of custom offset smoothies for my studebaker,even let me take hoops and wheel centers home and let me weld them in 'about' were i wanted it so they could get a idea.

im sorry ppl have had bad exp. with them. mine has been nothing but good.

27. wow i hear a lot of horrer here
    i had them do a special set of rear dually wheels for my wrecker years ago
    they were chromed and done well

i had them make some dune bugy wheels in 65 so i clold run old B52 landing tires on them
    again they did good

things change over time some times not for the good
    i hate to hear this because they were so good to deal with

28. Delsiii

Delsiii

2-10x15 Chrome Ralleys . Had them for 5 yrs. they have never been on the road & they rusted....:mad:oh..did I mention $735.00 for the pair. I've been boned:eek:

29. 5window

5window

True, sad, but old news.