Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stockton Wheel?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3Kidsnotime, Dec 26, 2010.

1. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

Not going to bash, but ordered a set of wheels paid for them 3 months ago still no wheels? nothing special steel wheels wondering if this is common?

2. With those guys lots of disappointments are common. Sent some wheels for wider rims last year based on phone quote, once they got them.....surprise....price went up. Could have said no, but then would have had to pay second freight charge to get my wheels back. When they've got you over the barrel.....watch out!

3. Do a search you will find a HUGE thread on this,bout the only person saying anything good about them is one of their guys,,,,,,,,,,,,

4. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Years ago I had a lot of dealings with Stockton Wheel. Frank Mauro was the owner. NEVER had one problem. Things seem to have changed in recent years, even if you only believe 1/2 the stories. Don't know what happened. Used to be the go-to place. Had dozens of sets of Kelsey Hayes wires widened and trued; custom offset steelies etc..

5. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

I use Pete Paulson for my wheel needs. Never a problem.

6. 5window

5window

I got mine from Paulson,too. Guys, why not just to a HAMB search BEFORE you order? Might save you a lot of grief in the long run. :(

7. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

My set of custom-made 17X8" steel wheels took 6 months to get after putting down a 100% deposit, this was over 10 years ago.

Never again.

8. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

Good input but I was not a HAMBER when order was placed actual order is going on 4 months here soon. Order was over a grand, might be time in looking at a charge back....

9. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Stay away from Stockton. Long wait and lots of excuses.

10. yblock292

yblock292

just got a set of wheels for a 27 tee i'm building for a buddy from Pete Pulson, excellent chrome reverse OEM style with special off set, deliveried on time, great price and super customer service, i think i just found a new wheel supplier.

11. a bomb

a bomb
    from up north

Glad I read this thread, in the market for custom offset steelies for my 57 poncho. Was probably gonna go with stockton, will be re-thinking that decision now.

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

have been to Stockton Wheel a few times-every time told that some one would be right with me-wait 1/2 hour and split, no other customers in front of me-never have made a purchase there-very poor customer service even if standing there ready to spend $$

13. FatDaddy53

FatDaddy53

ive heard nothing but bad from that place and its 3 miles from me..... call pete paulsens and talk to tom... great guy hell take care of u

14. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

Run like the wind. Do a search on here and you will be amazed at the stories. Nuff said.

15. yblock292

yblock292

1-800-547-3837 guarantee he's my new wheel supplier!

16. cjmac

cjmac

Is tom a new contact ?? hope so ...... I'll try one more time then no more PP.

17. brad chevy

brad chevy

This isn"t another case of paying up front and not receiving your product.is it?

18. No more common than people spending money
    without searching for feedback first.

19. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

I really didnt see any reason at the time, the wheels are a duplicate on another car from them the man had nothing bad to say of his experience with them. The same look was wanted so a order placed...

20. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

21. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

Thanks for the input, I will be happy just to get the wheels that were ordered, Im not about to flame rant or thow anyone under the bus, just curious if this is normal business the car cannot be used for a few months now.

22. Been buying wheels from Pete Paulsens for about 20 some odd years now, never a problem and if they make a mistake they will rectify it qiuckly, at least 5 sets of chrome steelies and all were true and round!...............great business............

23. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

i could carve out some wheels with a hammer and chisel faster than stockton wheel can buy chinese parts and weld them together.....

24. Muttley

Muttley

They suck. Call Rally America, Jimmy is a HAMBer and an Alliance Vendor, he will hook you up.

25. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

Self-edit:

If i can't say something nice, i won't say it in this case; i will comment directly if and when i have any direct dealings with stockton wheel, which i won't.

The only real dealing i have had with stockton wheel was a small phone conversation. Slightly rude.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  26. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

Up date on this Stockton wheel the wheels came in Jan took 4 months to get they are nice but not worth the wait.. Now for the good part, The derby caps ordered in oct last year came last night.... 8 months to get derby caps... Kinda speaks for itself.....

27. rsluggoboy

rsluggoboy
    from SALINAS CA

I thought the owner died ? A few months ago

28. He died a few weeks back. They are no longer in business.

29. 5window

5window

The plot thickens. Maybe someone at SW is mailing out completed orders to finish up business. Glad you got your parts.

30. the owner killed himself. i dont know why, i used to go in there all the time, he had 2 guys working for him there that were good. my father knew them. they shut the doors.

who knows what happends to all the backorders. i think the guys should start their own or keep the shop going. they are the only guys around here that do what they do