Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features true Daily driver Pics ONLY !!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JAKE'S-Pumpkinella54, Oct 26, 2009.

1. old-hermit

old-hermit
    from SC

My daily driver for the last four years ...

stock 4 banger, 4 spd & 25 mpg.

[​IMG]

... traded a Pontiac to my son for this GMC Sprint in Sept and been driving it since ...

[​IMG]

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Let's try and keep it on topic...

Nashville is pretty big, hell there are people here in Raleigh that probably don't see my car either.

3. old-hermit

old-hermit
    from SC

The topic is daily drivers ?????? What's not on topic about my post ?????

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

It's supposed to be HAMB friendly not late model. Wether it is spelled out or not it is implied. If you took the time to actually look through the thread you'd see that.

5. daren

daren

Driven everyday, everywhere, my truck is down for repairs and its all i have.

Attached Files:

6. daren

daren

Little bigger

Attached Files:

7. old-hermit

old-hermit
    from SC

I read the entire thread before I posted. Since you seem to be the thread police tell me why a '71 GMC Sprint isn't HAMB friendly and when is a 40 year old car considered late model ?????

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The HAMB is about Traditional Hot Rods and Customs, from the mid 60's and earlier. Not the 70's, not musclecars, not Vega's. This isn't a generic old car site. Maybe you should have

Read This First!

and lurked and read a bit.

9. old-hermit

old-hermit
    from SC

Been lurking since 2007 !!!! Guess I'll go back to it, and it's a Pinto, not a Vega.

10. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Coolest thing is, he litterally is not kidding! I see one or both of these out at his shop no matter what the weather is! I've see the sedan driven in snow before.

11. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Then you should know better.

12. weez

weez

The black '58 Ranchero is my "Late model" (the white '59 is Pop's- it's up in Sacramento with him now, it was my driver before I got the '58)

Before that, the gold Comet was my driver for 13 years, till it done got runned over by an Escalade.

Attached Files:

13. old-hermit

old-hermit
    from SC

FYI - zman & strange agent,
    Maybe y'all should "read a bit" next time before bashing somebody.
    Are all these I pulled from THIS thread "traditional hot rods" & "HAMB friendly" ?????

This is mid 80's !!!!!

[​IMG]

This is a 4x4 pickup !!!!!

[​IMG]

This is a 90's "late model" jap bike !!!!!

[​IMG]

This is a stock '79 pickup !!!!!

[​IMG]

I don't know what this is but it ain't "traditional" or a "hot rod" !!!!!

[​IMG]

Next time get off your sanctimonious high horse and try being polite.
    Ya never know, I might have taken constructive criticism better than bashing.
    ..!.,

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

What wasn't polite about...

You're the one that got all butt hurt. Maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive. :rolleyes:

As for the jap bike, the dude had his '53 in there as well. And the mini, you got a lot to learn, I think they are hot rods and traditional, and have surprised many a larger car. Yeah a few others slipped by, but if that's all you got after 12+ pages you still proved my point...

15. <HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1>Let us revisit the title of this POST!<!-- / icon and title -->

<!-- message -->"I wanna see the stuff people are dRiving on the daily to work . Rain, snow hail, storm?? Anyone ?? "
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Are we done Pissing, in each others Wheaties!! GROW THE F**k up

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

awww... you're grouchy, let's revisit the guidelines...

2. Stay on-topic and relevant with your posts… OT posts aren’t generally appreciated by our membership.

But then you probably didn't Read This First! either.

17. Well I guess it should have been killed 227 posts ago!

PS it is not my post !

18. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

the large majority seemed to be able to keep it on topic. which I think was the OP's intent.

19. smarg

smarg

Wow...

Don't bash those guys, you are asking for trouble.

You made a bad point..

I see why you still have the FNG tag...

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  20. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Whoa buddy. Calm down. It's not that big a deal.

I don't have a big problem with your OT ride being posted, although I doubt anybody cares about that car, or would like to see it, but I digress...

The thing that bothers me is that you're getting all defensive and bent out of shape over a couple of us HAMBers calling you out on your OT ride. That car does not belong on this forum. Period. You should know that, and it was annoying how you spouted off about being on here so long, like you know what belongs. Obviously it hasn't been long enough if you're asking questions like:

Maybe you just thought this thread was for any daily driver? This is the HAMB, and I believe it is implied (very clearly) that this thread is for HAMB-friendly daily driven cars. Not your '71 GMC, or your '92 Honda Civic.

Back to the HAMB-friendly daily drivers and your regularly-scheduled programming... :cool:

21. cruzin55

cruzin55
    from califorina

[​IMG] my 56 chevy... Annibell cruzies rain or shine!

22. My current daily driver may be American but it's way to new and not HAMB-friendly. However it's for sale and I'm looking for a nice '48-50 Ford F-1 to replace it. Some previous daily drivers, I guess it shows that I live in Europe!

Attached Files:

23. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Not too big when you drive it for a living,but I guess it must be out there. No offence Gator, I just wish I saw more cool stuff around town.

24. gauthier

gauthier

mine ;-)
    1937 ford fordor sedan

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

25. RAY With

RAY With

Rain or shine this is my driver and a hell of a good ride. Dont have any pics yet with the new rims and tires. Went to old steelies with moon caps and 1950 olds ripple beauty rings.

Attached Files:

26. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Daily driver only vehicle. '56 235, '62 3sp+od, Fentons, Thanksgiving 950 mile round trip averaged 17.8 mpg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I envy all those that live in better climates then what I have to deal with in Ohio,I just cant take any 60s and older vehicles and drive them in the salt they put down on the roads during the winter. I have no problem with driving 70s vehicles in this crap but cant do it with anything older,I have no problem driving them every where spring summer and fall but when the snow flies the old tin is put away.

28. 1934coupe

1934coupe

This is mine. Exactly mid-60's

Attached Files:

29. devilleish

devilleish

No pic and an O/T driver anyway (except the body design dates back to the early Sixties) is my 89 Grand Wagoneer. GREAT winter car but the gas mileage sucks. I'd like to strip the fake wood and put an early grille in.

As for HAMB friendly, my '55 gets driven if there's no chance of salt. I know an old man who bought his '52 Hudson new and still drives the hell out of it in 10 inches of snow. And a buddy of mine has a '50 Lincoln he drives the same way. Even parks and works under it on the street 'cause he has no garage.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  30. 29ToyA

29ToyA