Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rusty 47 Ford Reserection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Apr 17, 2010.

1. koolkemp

koolkemp

Right on Rick thats great, your fellow NS Hambers were all bummed at the crap you have been through in the last couple of years and were hoping things would get better for ya ! Back at the Falcon eh!

2. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

hopefully back at it.. like you i have no heat in there and its -9*c this morning :(.. but pile on the parka and insulated coveralls and start burning more wire :)... got more tubing so i can finish my cage too, finish welding the floors,tack in the cage, weld the 1/4s on, alot to do this weekend,lol...

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks Kev ! Its been a really fun project so far, the only regret would be that if I had known I would find the coupe parts I would have saved the original frame....I could get one locally for free but its too much work to undo at this point! I kinda wish I had kept track of the miles of weld...I am around 35 lbs of .023 mig wire if that gives you any clues :D

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

Steve, get back to work!!

I need some pictures to feed this craving thing.....

Steve you're a LEGEND! Inspirational stuff, can't wait to see more. Off to the shed now...

You are a magician! Just found this thread and couldn't stop until I looked at all 38 pages. Inspirational stuff for this rust belt resident

Thanks guys ! You would be surprised how all the positive feedback gives momentum to a project like this! I gotta get one of the beaters around here slapped together as a winter beater for the wife asap...I might do the 80 Lemans I got from Flatheadfever for the motor/trans for Rusty if I can repair the rusty bent lower 4 link arms he killed trying to spin the tires lol!

5. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

well, tried my new welder out tonite,, back to burning alot more wire, works awesome so far... also going to bend the rest of the cage this weekend/next week.. wooohooo back at it.

Attached Files:

6. JAWS

JAWS

Quit teasing!!!!

Everytime my email notifies me of a thread update. I open it with excitement cause I want to see the progress.

Seriously, this has to be one of the most inspirational builds going. Yours and Stefans shoebox. Like has been said for 38 pages now.....great work. More please

7. koolkemp

koolkemp

The lack of progress pics is the penalty for the abundance of pics all summer:D....cause I didnt do anything but work on the car I got a million things to try and do before winter(yuck) arrives....I will take a pic of the donor Lemans I got for the 305/350 from Flatheadfever and post it up:D....but somehow I dont think it will satisfy your craving!

8. JAWS

JAWS

I am never satisfied. :D

There's never enough time, money or gas.

I admire your talent sir.:cool:

9. fitzee

fitzee

Don`t you just hate the fall and then winter.seem we put stuff off till the last min and try to cram everything into a few weeks hoping the snow won`t come......I been doing just that.

10. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Tell me about it....:mad:

11. Even worse than final lawn work, snow-fencing, etc is putting the Merc in storage for the winter. Did that yesterday. The older I get, the more I hate winter.

Keep up the good work, Koolkemp.

12. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

wow... this thread rules! youre beyond driven... like i said before keep it up. question, what are you doing with all these axles, flatheads, banjo rear ends, and wheels(that werent destroyed) seems like you would have enough stuff to build a little hotrod! hah

13. ULRICK

ULRICK
    from Texas

Looks great!!!!! I do a 47 as well but a Truck.

14. koolkemp

koolkemp

Sold or traded off stuff to help out some buddies ...I had began to collect stuff for a rod but I am too much of a custom lover, and realistically will never have the time to build a rod, but hey I am ok with that now :)

15. Johncovert

Johncovert

Thats some amazing work!....Not many people would tackle that kind of project, especially on a four door, but thats some beautiful stuff....Kinda makes me want to jump on my 35 coupe.......thanks for posting

16. rustyhood

rustyhood

I was just checking on your progress, do I need to send you a box of matches to get you fired back up? :D
    I hope all is going good for you...... Happy Holidays!

17. JAWS

JAWS

Funny,......I was thinking the same thing. I thought my computer was broken as I haven't had any updates.:rolleyes:

18. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good God man, you are a rust-repair'n maniac!!! Fantastic stuff, great work. Hell, your rust bucket(s) puts even fitzee's to shame!! :D

A fun ride (the thread), looking forward to what's left!

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks guys, but I think Fitzee might have me beat in the rust department lol ! I actually got some time in on it last weekend figuring out filler neck routing ...kinda boring but I will get some pics up when I get it sorted out, I got 10 days off work between Christmas and New years and plan to burn some steel :D my back has been giving me alot of grief as well been going for physio for over a month , no help at all really....on a happier note I also got an E wheel (finally) and gotta put it together as well...stay tuned I promise some pics by the end of next week!!

20. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

I dunno...
    I think BOTH of you just dump a bucket of rust dust on the floor, sweep it into the general shape of a car you like and then start welding.
    frickin' show-offs...LOL :D

I'm not one to brag, but MY just started 63 Dodge project is absolutely MINT compared to either of youse guys projects.

MINE...has door posts! :p

21. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Sorry to read about your back. Take care of that.
    I have the scars to show I understand.

All that happens when I get a pile of rust on the floor is that I sweep it up and put it in the garbage can.
    Who would have known that all these years I had hot rods in the making...

Merry Christmas guys.

22. fitzee

fitzee

Yes Rust piles are great. I Just sweep it up in one corner. Some rust from a 52 chevy,then a 49 ford,and a pinch 56 Olds.before you know it you have a custom project started!!It`s easy!

23. JAWS

JAWS

Now I feel bad for giving you crap about no progress. GET WELL SOON!

Then double time!

24. fitzee

fitzee

See this is what I started with!!

Attached Files:

25. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

I am in the presence of greatness.... ;)

And... how many people take pictures of a floor clean-up? Well... other than those who make cars from dust.

26. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Just spent the last two hours reading this whole thread. I have a sore neck from shaking my head, a sore throat from saying "Holy Shit!" and if there were twenty more pages I'd read every damn one of them. This is one amazing build, especially considering the two rust buckets you started out with. And you said you were just building a "Beater" to drive around in. You are way beyond that my friend. If I could email you some Hawaii weather I would. :D Subscribed and looking forward to your progress. Eli

By the way, after 30 years I still refer to Brian Johnson as "the new guy". Bon was the real deal.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  27. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

steve cant blame it on the snow and cold,, its been +3 to +6*c mostly the last few weeks, but alot of rain (NO snow)... Me on the other hand, just to damn lazy :)

28. If only.....a "white Christmas" ain't all it's cracked up to be.

29. Jessie J.

Jessie J.

Been an very interesting and informative thread.......but....uhh oh!

30. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I know that from long ago experience. Spending hours clearing the driveway just to go to Grandmas house. I like ours better. By the way, Merry Christmas to you all! :)