Register now to get rid of these ads!

Blue Ice 58 Impala Conv. Info Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rodshop57, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Rodshop57

Rodshop57
    from Berry Ky

I want any information on this car that my dad has owned since 1962. I am trying to find the original owner and builder (Cecil Martin, Cincinnati Ohio). I'm hoping he is still alive and well and would like him to know that his Blue Ice is still around. Please check out the photos and captions that I posted titled: Blue Ice 1958 Impala Convertible Mild Custom. I would love to hear from anyone who remembers this car or has any pictures or info. Thanks alot, Rodshop57

Attached Files:

2. rebstew187

rebstew187

How's it going Steve. Here some up to date pics for our fellow HAMB'ers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Beautiful car. Hope you are able to find the original owner/ builder......Don.

4. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

5. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

[​IMG] Uhh-ohh.....Better watch out showin' this pic on here....

6. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

beautiful car - just about exactly all that ought to be done to a '58 Impala - not too much, just enough. I just hope that the black widow/web was done 'back when' and was not added recently.

I'm impressed that your dad has kept it so true to the original modifications. Good luck on finding the previous owner.

dj

7. lawman

lawman

That is sooooo nice !!!!! Tom (Tired Old Man)

8. Rodshop57

Rodshop57
    from Berry Ky

The spider web and the black widow were painted on the dash back before 62. When the car was restored, dad traced it and had it put back on. Is there something I don't know about this? What's up with the black widow?

9. belair

belair

Really cool. The web thing gets thrown on a lot of cars with questionable quality and taste. Yours certainly doesn't have that problem.

10. roadking41a

roadking41a
    from NC

A 58 Chevy has always been at the top of my favorite list. Great looking mild custom.

11. Not to worry. It becomes a bit of a R..R.. thing when the whole theme of the car becomes one of spider webs and other assorted foolishness. You know like when every bracket, the mirrors, half dozen other places, and of course the grill insert are spider webs. That car is so tasteful a modest cob web with a black widow is not a problem. I would lose those white lettered tire though, just my worthless opinion.:)...Don.

12. 1320/150

1320/150

pretty car..... I would lose the white letters!!!

13. Rodshop57

Rodshop57
    from Berry Ky

I agree on the white letters. I never did like the idea, but he was payin' for them. I wanted to go back to steel wheels, spiders and the narrow white walls. I also didn't like the amber front parking lights (too modern). Oh well.....

14. 61 chevy

61 chevy

great car, love the 58 steering wheels

15. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful Impala but 58 Impala mild customs need WHITE WALLS instead of truck tires.

17. Always been one of my favorite year impalas. 62 and 63 are a close second.

18. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Jesus, simply awesome.....

19. 39pontiaccoupe

39pontiaccoupe

20. I would lose the wheels and the raised white letter tires. find the correct replacement vintage hubcaps and repop white wall tires... replace the side exhaust ! It would be cool to see it the way is was back then. Nice car, hope you get the information your looking for !

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  21. Now you're on the right track! Those few changes would make the car perfect....as well as period-perfect:)....Don.

22. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

haha. yeah, getting a little ZZ Top there. Oh well, to each their own. If he's just lookin for some toosh, whatevs.

23. Rodshop57

Rodshop57
    from Berry Ky

Any Info Please? Check out more photos of this car at my home page. Any help is appreciated!

24. Rodshop57

Rodshop57
    from Berry Ky

Still lookin'!

25. 58fed

58fed
    BANNED

What magazine was the first article in? It says that he worked for the company in Cincy, OHio. In one of the other articles, it mentions the town he is from in Ohio, might be a good starting point for you.
    Brad

26. Rodshop57

Rodshop57
    from Berry Ky

Still lookin' for info. Thanks