Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B. Deuce Club....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Super cool hotrod...hope you're not changing it too much! Do you still have the original hood and sides? And are you planning to paint it red and putting early ford black wheels back on there?
    -Steve

2. rumblegutz

rumblegutz

I'm with you!

3. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

yea im wondering the same thing. dont ruin that car.

4. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

My Tudor....

[​IMG]

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Love that Sedan man...

6. Henry VIII

Henry VIII
    from Tulsa OK

Here's ours, the wife claims 1/2 of it.
    Original body, Pete & Jake chasis.
    3wLarry knows more about this car than I do. Glad he didn't buy it when he had the chance.
    That's Larry standing in the middle of the first picture.

Attached Files:

7. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

edited]-- well finally got a pic of my old deuce on my avatar. My first car was a 30 Model A cpe. bought in '56, next was a 41 Ford cpe, Then a 47 Dodge cpe. Pic is me and duece in 1958. bought for $75 without engine or trans, installed 3" dropped axle, nos model A front x member,reversed spring eyes, 48 juice brakes all around, stock rear end,37 Hudson steering w 40 Ford wheel and column, ,39 or 46 trans, [depends on which one broke, Bolted in a stock 56 Chevy engine, stock 32 radiator, exhaust dual porter mufflers 5.60/8.20 recap WWW,s. indian blanket seats for upholstery. As a youngster I drove it everywhere didnt baby it and it always got me home. I learned a lot from my Dad and the old [traditional] rodders, things were changing a lot as the overheads came out, it was a great time and I have been lucky to have been there, and now with the HAMB see young guys still catchin the fever. I still have the fire for hot rods, it has kept me young.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's incredible!! Exactly what I wanted to hear since I'm building my '35 Ford Coupe (circa 1958) with a 265 Chevy, '39 trans and WWW's. Nice to see on the right path!

9. Both of my 32's are glass, didnt cost millions either. Also in high school I would have walked before I owned a wagon.....times have changed.

10. Pete

Pete

Here's mine, '48 Caddy flathead with stainless headers. Someday Ill start on my '32 5 window....just as soon as I finish the roadster, the A coupe and so on....

Pete-

Attached Files:

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Big dog Pete!! '34 3w, '32 roadster and a '32 5w!!!

12. Pete

Pete

All in a million pieces and some assembly required.......Ill post some pics of the 5 window, she's a real head turner.

Pete-

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What ever your have for a 5w I bet I can beat it project wise.

14. Pete

Pete

I dont know dude, its pretty ragged and it was built in Vermont and Maine back in the 60's....and those dudes have no mercy! It was a 5 window that was cut down to a roadster, with a torch! I found a chopped 5 window roof for it bit it also need a shit load of work.
    Pete-

15. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

damn pete that roadster is lookin good whats your plans for that thing?

16. Diehard32

Diehard32

Count me in.....

Attached Files:

17. Built the vicky early 80's, truck in the 90's and just bought a 3 window...

Attached Files:

18. My Five Window is already in this thread somewhere (40+ pages, DAMN !). But here is the latest jewel drug home, a gennie Roadster Body. Now, if just a little more work will come our way, we'll start funding the build.

It's in really good shape, the floor has never been cut, a couple patches and most of the holes have been filled. The previous owner must have planned on using the cowl lights as the holes are still present. Gonna get a 325 Red Ram Hemi mill.

Johnnie.

Attached Files:

19. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

damn JoHnnie looks great!!

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Another Score, same horseshoe up your ass huh Johnnie?

21. Johnnie, how did you find an old gennie that cherry? Very nice!

22. Louie,
    Thanks, yeah it's damn clean, the gentleman I bought it from already had the body straighted out by Dave C. He already has Two '32 Roadsters and has been picking up other stuff lately. So, it came my way on the understanding that it be finished out in a traditional manner..........no problem there whatsoever !

Jeffrey,
    Yep, I was feelin' pretty fortunate the day we made the deal. Thinned out the checkbook some, but lucky any way you look at it. Ya know, this is the kind of fish ya just get in the damn boat. Worry about what you're gonna do with it afterwards.

Vintage,
    As replied to Louie, the boys at Custom Auto had already been through the body for the previous owner which was very lucky for me. I had seen the body several years ago in their shop, it was pretty damn nice to start with, just needed a couple patches. As I originally posted, the floor has never even been cut. All that remains is to fill the cowl light holes near as I can tell.

Thanks for the kind words fellas !

Johnnie.

23. brigzee

brigzee
    from Kennewick

Just got the body back on the frame, hopefully will be done for the spring. And will be ordering new wheels and tires on Monday.

Attached Files:

24. I guess I never updated my build pictures after I joined the HDC

[​IMG]

25. Tripple G

Tripple G

Still working on mine. Should be ready for paint after Christmas ... everybody needs to buy their own present:D

Here's a few pictures:

Attached Files:

26. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This was my fairly recent warehouse find. 8BA with two 97s. Halibrand quickchange. Chrome everything, rear axle tubes, backing plates all suspension parts. Happy to be the current curator. Regards, Ron

Attached Files:

27. thisbugger

thisbugger

Here's my two projects :D :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. jefscoupe

jefscoupe

I've had the car for 31 (nearly 32) years now. First one thing and another has kept me away from it.
    But, I plan to keep it traditional with some modern upgrades for safety and reliability's sake.
    Those wheels are just on it to roll it around. Leaning toward steelies, chromies or some other vintage wheels if I can find them at a decent price.
    I've got a set of Moon Discs from before they sold out.
    Here's a link to an article written a couple years ago.
    It's pretty much my email to the writer about the car.

http://www.memphisrodders.com/files/519c6063c0ba911800188e78abcac66e-67.html

The Poncho is coming out for a 352 Cleveland 4V that I have and I'll mate that to a 5 speed. If I can find a suitable one.
    I don't have the connections like some of you guys seem to have.
    Parts come hard for me most of the time.

Haven't decided on color. Red is soooooo over done.
    But I sure ain't going back to this:
    (circa early 60s)
    [​IMG]

I love seeing all the other Deuces here. Lots of great builds done (are they ever really done?) and in process.
    I look forward to getting back to work on it and tapping into this huge knowlege base.:cool:

29. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

30. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Been a while...... my Roller!.....Waiting for the money tree to grow again... my cash cow ate it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't wait till SPRING!!!!! LOL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010