Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures What's your Favorite Car Chase/Rum Runner Movies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38plymouth, Oct 21, 2008.

1. wpginterceptor

wpginterceptor
    from Canada

Dirty Mary Crazy larry

2. zmandet

zmandet

Easy.....Thunder Road and The Seven Ups!

3. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"What's Up Doc?" Barbra Striesand young & before politics. and just about anything with James Bond.

4. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

i cant believe no one remembered the 7 ups that is one helluva chase

5. Bullit,The French Connection , and the cornscrew jump scene in Live and Let Die are my picks.

6. burnout2614

burnout2614

Car chase: Original Gone In 60 Seconds. Rum Runner: Thunder Road peace

7. danerden

danerden
    from USA

Fast & Furious (All Parts) are mine all time favorite action movie. I have watched this movie a lot of times. I am very crazy about these movie. Round about, I have watched 20 times this movie.

8. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The be all end all.............
    The BLUES BROTHERS.

9. old chevy nut

old chevy nut
    from va

macon county line, and return to macon county line

10. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

11. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

X2 One of my favorite comedy movies. Couldn't remake that movie, that cast of characters wrote the book.

12. Formula 1 is a stretch but James Garner, Yve Montand and a whole host of professional drivers driving real cars through the streets of Monaco in the 1966 movie Grand Prix will get your juices flowing. The love interests get a little sappy along the way but the race footage along the way is absolutely some of the best you'll see. Hell, they used a GT40 for a camera car! And this was the era before the cars were rolling computerized billboards.

13. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Well, not that I am an expert but I sell car movies at car shows and swap meets. My persoanl favorite moonshine movie is rather unknown....it is called Moonshine Highway. It has an OUTSTANDING 52 Lincoln 2dr HT tanker, long with a 55 Chevy 2 dr HT chase car....plenty of shoebox fords, a 50 Merc tanker that gets totally destroyed in the movie....As far as Car chase movies it has to be the original Vanishing Point released in 1971 (there are 2 versions) The entire movie is a chase scene Bullitt's 10 minute run was great, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry's chase in the orchards was also great....but Kowalski slammin gears in that Challenger can't be beat

14. BTW, if you're familiar with "Ronin", you might recognize some of the camera work being similar to "Grand Prix". John Frankenheimer directed both films, and when he started Ronin, he dug all the rigs and camera shit out that he had used on Grand Prix...30 years earlier!

15. toml24

toml24

DUEL:Great made for TV car chase movie in 1971.

Attached Files:

16. I like this chase scene when McQueen was younger
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dCW6PK8L5KQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

That's freakin hilarious !!!

18. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

[QUOTE=JRODHOTROD;322
    YUP...Ronin...If you've never seen it, it's pretty intense. Robert DeNeiro. And a vote for "The Bourne Identity" I know they aren't old and it's a Mini Cooper but it's pretty good !!!

19. aaggie

aaggie

I'll throw in two more votes for "Bullitt" and "The Blues Brothers".

20. Poor Horatio

Poor Horatio
    from Mayberry

I love Vanishing Point and Gone in 60 Seconds, Bullit, White Lighting and Thonder Road.

21. Like the "slingshot" and the way the box lids lift when air born!:)

I love the Blues Brothers chase scenes but that film arrived in the theaters well after I became hooked on the "Bullit" film...

22. Insane 49

Insane 49

How in the world has no one mentioned "cobra" with stallone's awesome 50 merc ( i think that's even what the liscense plate on the front of the car said.) That was a pretty good chase with the 50 and the diplomat. Too bad it got pile driven into a really big boat!!!!

23. petrolhead

petrolhead

Death Race 2001 for a laugh, it really is a B Grade
    Aussie Movie Running on Empty, sweet '57 Chev in it

24. striper

striper

Maybe I can get an answer here that has evaded me for probably 30 - 35 years.

When I was a kid i remember watching a moonshiner movie where the cops were setting up mirrors on a mountain road. As the 'shiners would round a turn, they'd be confronted by headlights coming at them and run off the mountain. It ended with one guy driving straight at the lights and smashing through the mirrors.

I can't remember anything else about the movie and have never seen it again or found anyone who can tell me what it was.

......vacant stares.....awkward silence.....maybe it was a dream

25. striper

striper

"Sounds like you been givin' her a hard time"

26. Trying to find a movie that was a pre-war hotrod movie and it was almost entirely Roadsters and they would go out every evening and race against each other and unbenounced to the races one was a girl in a deuce Roadster...

Anybody know which one I'm talking about?

27. Another good movie for vintage iron is Hot Rod Girl - 1956...

[​IMG]

28. 59 brook

59 brook

cars 1 havent seen 2 yet plus i can watch it with my 9 y o daughter and laugh
    king of the mountain from the 80's with harry hamlin and dennis hopper
    le mans

29. derbydad276

derbydad276

Heart Like Wheel
    great drag racing

30. mickeyc

mickeyc

An obscure flick seldom seen called "To live and die in L.A.' had a really wild cops and crooks car chase.